Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100444 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #735 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:58 am »

I think the real news here is not so much 'yes it's real' as the confirmation that it's called "a parts pack", implying little else.  Definitely going down the Sims track here.  Excuse me while I make small involuntary noises of angry frustration.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 11, 2008, 09:31:38 am »

Aye, it may be heading down the Sims road, but even though people will complain and moan about they will still buy it no matter what. Its called peer pressure.

Plus, if you look at it on the side of the developers, they're getting more money so they can add more stuff into the game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 11, 2008, 11:35:30 am »

Do you really think that people that did NOT like the game (and there were a good many of those) or were extremely disappointed with it, will consider supporting it by buying an expansion?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 11, 2008, 12:21:36 pm »

To Nilocy, I have no problem with the basic model, it's worked for years.  It's just they're so obviously stretching it as hard as they can in the direction of PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT.

To Sean, no, but the problem is it probably won't be enough.  Too many people will be happy enough with mediocrity.  Probably another reason they retooled it to appeal to kids, easier to get them to take this crap- and their parents pay for it.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 11, 2008, 03:00:01 pm »

Aye, it may be heading down the Sims road, but even though people will complain and moan about they will still buy it no matter what. Its called peer pressure.

Spore fans will buy all expansions. Those who disliked the game, -such as myself- probably trashed it already anyway.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 11, 2008, 03:24:11 pm »

I'll forgive them and possibly even consider buying the stuff if they release a "SPORE:HARDCORE" expansion, without all the cutesy idiotism, and with all kinds of realism and other "excluded" extensions thrown in.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 11, 2008, 03:28:28 pm »

if they release a "SPORE:HARDCORE" expansion, without all the cutesy idiotism, and with all kinds of realism and other "excluded" extensions thrown in.

Hehe, that will happen when Hungary will win the Football World Cup. [probably never]  ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 11, 2008, 04:35:24 pm »

For the most part... it WAS a rumor (afterall your relying on unofficial untrustworthy information_

It being proven true later doesn't make it any different.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 13, 2008, 09:21:04 am »

Some new infos for those who are interested:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=56575

Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

The Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack provides more than 100 new creature-building components themed in two distinct styles--charming, cartoon-esque creatures and scary, monster-like creatures. Including body parts, paint options, animations, backgrounds and more, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack allows users of Spore or the retail version of the Spore Creature Creator to give their creatures distinct personalities like never before!

Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack will be available worldwide on Nov. 18, 2008.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 13, 2008, 09:25:41 am »

I love that. What is it, 32 days since it was released? And they're going to have an expansion pack in another month. We should start betting on how many of these they're going to 'make'. 8? 10?
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 13, 2008, 09:39:57 am »

I love that. What is it, 32 days since it was released? And they're going to have an expansion pack in another month. We should start betting on how many of these they're going to 'make'. 8? 10?

Probably more.  ;)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:08 am »

Probably more.  ;)

You have to wonder how many of these expansions were actually already complete witheld so that they could be released later, I'd be willing to bet a large number of the creepy/cute parts were taken out the game before release with the intent of adding them to an expansion pack later.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 13, 2008, 10:45:59 am »

Some new infos for those who are interested:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=56575

Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

Being able to get out of your space-ship and walk around planets is definitely a step in the right direction, but it still has a ways to go to be worth buying for me.

I'm probably going to wait another year or two when they have a "Deluxe Edition" with a dozen expansions tacked on.  (IE. Spore version 1.0)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 13, 2008, 04:34:02 pm »

Wait, they didn't have leaving your spaceship?

WTF?  That was in the almost time to release videos!  They totally withheld that for an expansion pack.
Shoes...

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 13, 2008, 04:42:10 pm »

Bastards.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97