Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100545 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2008, 03:00:55 pm »

And how can you 'accidently' order the Colia VVjagn? It's pretty hard to pronouce. But if you did accidently order the Colia VVjagn, you would have known what it looked like, right, since you have eaten the Colia VVjagn. If you knew what it looked like, you should have walked over to the Waiter and ask them for a refund, and get this simple misunderstanding works out. Or not.

Out of all my text you get stuck on that. with unkownlingly i ment that i did not know that it was that bad tasting. Ofcource i would not accidentially purchase something i know of. unless the menu is on a different language.
Now, are there anything else you missunderstood with my post or did you just evade my point?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:35 pm »

What if there is a fly in my Coca-Cola Volkswagen or whatever? Am I still supposed to pay the check and then give a tip? Should the police come into the restaurant and arrest everyone preemptively just in case anyone doesn't want to pay? Should people be charged for their meal the moment they leave home for the restaurant without even taking a look at the menu?

What if people ask if the Corndog Wagon is good or bad, or if there's any meatballs in it, and the maitre'd says "sorry, you'll have to pay for it first, and then after you eat you'll find out if there's no meatballs." Or if you're allergic to garlic. Or onions. Do you pay for the onions before or after you've eaten them? And then do you get a Rootkit installed inside your intestines? Will your intestines need to connect and dial home to whoever invented Choochoo Wrangler every 3 times you decide to order it at the restaurant?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 25, 2008, 05:10:41 pm »

More accurately, for spore we were shown a picture on the menu of a giant juicy steak, loaded mashed potatoes, and fresh vegetables all on a silver platter. Well, we got the silver platter, but the steak was a tiny strip of poorly cooked meat, the mashed potatoes looked like an icecream scoop of instant potatoes, and the vegetables are shrunken things that look like they'd sat on the shelf too long.

If I got that served to me in a restaurant, I'd demand a refund.

And to take the restaurant analogy further, any GOOD restaurant that served me something I hated would offer me another meal at no extra charge. In fact we have a few restaurants here in San Diego where they'll encourage you to try something new, with the promise that if you don't like it they'll get you something you do like instead. If a restaurant treated me the way EA treats it's customers, I'd never go back. And I'd probably refuse to pay, as well, since I hadn't been given what I'd been promised in addition to the poor treatment.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 26, 2008, 04:09:17 pm »

To all of you saying spore had something about it that was removed and to those who say it was the same product all along, read this, it may explain a lot.

I was also going to make a big post about piracy but decided it was smarter not to take part in a futile debate.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 26, 2008, 04:42:57 pm »

To all of you saying spore had something about it that was removed and to those who say it was the same product all along, read this, it may explain a lot.

I was also going to make a big post about piracy but decided it was smarter not to take part in a futile debate.

Thank goodness we have you here to be the bigger person.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2008, 04:58:35 pm »

this

So then our goal has become apparent.  We must go back in time and kill the Cute Camp before they join the Spore Team.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2008, 06:18:04 pm »

Spore if you paid attention very carefully throughout its development process was VERY apperant that it was overall a weak and shallow game.

Everyone was just so blinded by old outdated information that they refused to see how shallow the game has become.

Cell phase being too short?: Confirmed from the getgo

Creature phase being weak?: Confirmed 2007 when Stats were shown to be linear, creature design was show to be pointless, and when they kept comparing it to Diablo and other hack and slash games... Also when they confirmed there were no Egg thieves.

Civilisation phase being weak?: Confirmed early 2008 in all aspects

The two that were surprises was the Space Phase and Tribal Phase SLIGHTLY (After they confirmed there was no "Hut Editor" it pretty much sealed that it wasn't going to be all that great)

So with respect to the Steak... Yes in 2005 you were shown the greatest feast ever however the Silver platter blinded you so much that when the real thing was right infront of you, you could only imagine that it had to be glorious...

So you ordered it and when your eyes adjusted you saw that the steak wasn't so filling afterall.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »

I don't eat steak.
Shoes...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:48 pm »

I don't eat steak.

Devourer of minds?

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2008, 12:59:34 am »

Thank goodness we have you here to be the bigger person.

Well, I didn't want to take any attention away from the article. ::)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2008, 02:16:21 am »

that

I WILL MURDER
EVERY MOTHERFUCKER ON THE 'CUTE TEAM'

I had to turn spore off about an hour into the space age. Fly to planet a, 'UVRAD! ABA BABA NCABA SHEEBAA HEEIEIIIIIIII(glass shatters)ahahahah'', fly to planted b,'UVRAD! ABA BABA NCABA SHEEBAA HEEIEIIIIIIII(glass shatters)ahahahah', sell spice, fly to planet c, 'UVRAD! ABA BABA NCABA SHEEBAA HEEIEIIIIIIII(glass shatters)ahahahah'', sell spice. Either that or hold down a button until a little dot goes into the middle of a circle, and beam down one member of each speices and then immediately beam them up in order to populate the planet (maaaakes sense!). Or you could design buildings and spaceships, dragging around dots and lines and colors that will never function better than a rectangle because of the stupid kiddie 'lolstatpoints' system.

I am so angry and dissapointed, Even the cell or animal stages alone from the 2005 demo would be better than this awful, cartoon minigame. At least it was EA games and a bunch of idiots that ruined this and apparently not Will Wright.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #611 on: September 27, 2008, 11:05:32 am »

OK where's the damn time machine so I can kill the "Cute Team" fuckers?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 27, 2008, 12:47:59 pm »

So they are the ones who did this...
there were suggestions that it might be cool if the creatures wore sneakers

oh lord...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:50:22 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2008, 12:56:06 pm »

Oh my god. Those people need to be shot. They probably have no clue that they ruined what could have been the best game ever. They're probably bragging to people about how they were the ones who made sure that everything had googly eyes.

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 27, 2008, 01:41:27 pm »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Oh shit, I really didn't realize how serious you guys were about this, I'm so sorry.  :'(

I feel like such a troll now.  :-[

At least it was EA games and a bunch of idiots that ruined this and apparently not Will Wright.

That article is how I can be disappointed with spore and still respect Will Wright as a game designer and a human being. He may be a bigger victim than we are, even if he doesn't realize it.

Edit: I found another link that may be worth a read. It's on the spore forum (the 'sporum' ::)) and it's (supposedly) about an intern who used to work at Maxis during the development of spore, and there's another part after it where another person posts something else that's relevant.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:50:37 pm by WingDing »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 97