Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100526 times)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2008, 06:54:39 pm »

It is a crime that EA thinks it can create hype for one game (spore) and capitalize on it with a totally different game (spore lite) instead.

I'll never buy an EA game before trying out a pirated version again.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:58 pm »

Same.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2008, 08:30:09 pm »

Right, wit won't help you, the only thing that puts you above the law is money, or being part of the current administration.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2008, 08:32:55 pm »

Or friends with the high-power people. Or just be [precious] to them.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2008, 08:34:34 pm »

If your just going pirate it anyway why would you buy the game? Honestly I doubt it matters to EA if you bought the game when you pirated it anyway.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2008, 08:46:13 pm »

If your just going pirate it anyway why would you buy the game? Honestly I doubt it matters to EA if you bought the game when you pirated it anyway.

You know, I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense at all.  Why wouldn't they want you to buy a game you've previously pirated?  I mean... are they going to sulk and say. "No, I don't want to get more money from people who tried to game out without paying earlier!  I want to lose that money!  I only want money from people who haven't ever tried the game!"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:48:32 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2008, 08:59:24 pm »

If the game very good, and the dev, and the pub., is good, then we may be able to buy it, just to support them. SPORE? No way. I even hasn't pirated it (no money to buy the pirated version) and my comp. is suck anyway.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2008, 09:12:20 pm »

You know, I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense at all.  Why wouldn't they want you to buy a game you've previously pirated?  I mean... are they going to sulk and say. "No, I don't want to get more money from people who tried to game out without paying earlier!  I want to lose that money!  I only want money from people who haven't ever tried the game!"
If they would not want you to buy the game(they do obviously what kind of idiot would think otherwise?) is not the point.

They dont care if you bought the game. EA is completely against piracy and to them the very act of pirating is offensive. There is no "gray" area here, your either with them or against them. What Im saying is that paying EA for a game after pirating it is like throwing pearls to pigs, they will just trample them and turn to kill you.

So choose a side EA or the pirates. You cant choose both

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2008, 09:18:58 pm »

They dont care if you bought the game. EA is completely against piracy and to them the very act of pirating is offensive. There is no "gray" area here, your either with them or against them. What Im saying is that paying EA for a game after pirating it is like throwing pearls to pigs, they will just trample them and turn to kill you.

That's blowing it way out of proportion.  EA doesn't know you.  EA doesn't know any of it's end purchasers.  They know distributors you buy games from, and be damned if they don't like getting paid by anybody who will pay them.

Really, this isn't West Side Story.  It's all just business.  I know we all like to hate on EA because they've dropped/shafted some great licenses over the years, but there's no "choosing sides".
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »

VE ARE DE MOST OPPORTUNIST!
Clearly, no [BIG BAD RICH GUY] can defeat us. Not even [CIA!!!]. Because we are de greatest und the freeest people.
[Propaganda songs incoming!]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2008, 09:31:18 pm »

Really, this isn't West Side Story.  It's all just business.  I know we all like to hate on EA because they've dropped/shafted some great licenses over the years, but there's no "choosing sides".

Sounds like something a Jet would say...
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »

That's blowing it way out of proportion.  EA doesn't know you.  EA doesn't know any of it's end purchasers.  They know distributors you buy games from, and be damned if they don't like getting paid by anybody who will pay them.

I dont care about EAs feelings its just...
It just seems pointless to buy a game when you just played it for free, all its good for then is collecting dust.

Also what if he dosent like the game after pirating it? He will still have to buy it if the wants to support EA. (witch is what I think hes buying for)

Oh and mabey one day the CEO will meet a pirate and well...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:46:58 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2008, 10:02:41 pm »

The pirate's shall one-shot him!
Clearly, pirates are the most greatest job! [Aside from ninjas and samurais, and Camel-Knight-with-Allah-Power, but else]

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2008, 10:53:23 pm »

It just seems pointless to buy a game when you just played it for free, all its good for then is collecting dust.

By that logic, why pay money for Dwarf Fortress when you downloaded it for free? And legally, to boot?  Answer:  'Cause Toady gotta eat.  And despite the differences in situation, when you get right down to it so do all the people who worked hard to create and distribute every commercial video game you play.  There's no reason someone can't download a pirated game, and then buy a copy once they know it's worth the money being asked.  Breaking the law does not automatically entail disregard for the underlying moral or social principle.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2008, 11:28:28 pm »

By that logic, why pay money for Dwarf Fortress when you downloaded it for free? And legally, to boot?  Answer:  'Cause Toady gotta eat.  And despite the differences in situation, when you get right down to it so do all the people who worked hard to create and distribute every commercial video game you play.  There's no reason someone can't download a pirated game, and then buy a copy once they know it's worth the money being asked.  Breaking the law does not automatically entail disregard for the underlying moral or social principle.
Well then why not just buy the game then? Like I said if he dident like the game he pirated then he would not buy it. The people who worked so hard on it would starve and then who would be morally responsible?

And dont say he would buy every game becuase otherwise he would have no reason to pirate it in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97