Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100340 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: Spore
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:55 am »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2008, 09:00:54 am »

I feel like just deleting the game instead. Makes the time between space stage events infinite.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2008, 09:02:33 am »

I feel like just deleting the game instead. Makes the time between space stage events infinite.

Yep, uninstall can do wonders!  ;D

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2008, 01:13:06 pm »

The beeping mod doesn't work.

I made my decision.

Bye Spore. See you in the deepest crack of hell.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2008, 01:16:03 pm »

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed about a game. Especially now that I've seen the video from 2005 again.

Assassin's Creed springs to mind, but it falls far behind.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:01:19 pm by Necro »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2008, 01:32:14 pm »

the space stage works fine for me without the mod. thats really weird i would say the civ phase is my biggest disappointment. its just plain boring.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2008, 01:33:23 pm »

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed about a game.

I had the exact same feeling.  >:(
The funny thing is that the game will sell very good. [Probably because of the pre-orders + parents will buy it for their kids]

MeshGearFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2008, 02:49:38 pm »

parents will buy it for their kids

Yeah, how dare those damn kids play videogames.

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:22 pm »

parents will buy it for their kids

Yeah, how dare those damn kids play videogames.

Try reading the post before you reply, next time.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2008, 03:38:48 pm »

The beeping mod doesn't work.

I made my decision.

Bye Spore. See you in the deepest crack of hell.

You're supposed to start a new game, then it works.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2008, 03:42:07 pm »

2,369 Reviews
5 star:    3%     (86)
4 star:    2%     (59)
3 star:    1%     (25)
2 star:    2%     (66)
1 star:    90%     (2,133)

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHHAHHA.
*deep breath*
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA....

I saw it coming too. A game's goodness is inversely proportional to the hoopla.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2008, 03:48:45 pm »

LOL, they put up images of spores DRM on amazon!
They look so out of place :P

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2008, 04:00:13 pm »

According to Will, they decided that they'd rather have a very dumb game which can appeal to everyone, rather than a very in depth game which a smaller proportion of people would actually care for. They trimmed off god only knows how many years of developing all the complex features, and that was who knows how much funding down the hole.

Why couldn't they have just had a 'full' mode and a 'simplified' mode?

EDIT:
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH. Oh god I can't stop laughing.

He explained that he'd rather have a dumb game like Sims 2 than an in depth niche game like Half-Life.
For a 'dumb'/simple game, he used his own Sims 2 as an example. :D
Half-Life an in depth and complex game? :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:06:05 pm by Idiom »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2008, 05:04:16 pm »

2,369 Reviews
5 star:    3%     (86)
4 star:    2%     (59)
3 star:    1%     (25)
2 star:    2%     (66)
1 star:    90%     (2,133)

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHHAHHA.
*deep breath*
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA....

I saw it coming too. A game's goodness is inversely proportional to the hoopla.

;D ;D ;D
Amazon vs EA + Will Wright!

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2008, 05:40:24 pm »

the space stage works fine for me without the mod. thats really weird i would say the civ phase is my biggest disappointment. its just plain boring.

Everything past the creature stage should have been combined into single, "Civilization with a hint of Total War" stage. From a single tribal group expanding and advancing into a continent spanning superpower across tens of thousands of years. The transition between tribal, civ, and space stage will be completely seamless as instead of all of a sudden being able to build a spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel, there will be an expansive tech tree that goes through the ages.

You'll have to develop farming and/or herding before you can move past a gaggle of semi-isolated tribes spending all their time hunting and gathering. After that comes a loose confederation of hamlets with the standard cottage industry affair, and as technology grows urban centers start to develop.

As society advances so does the need for expansion. I'm imagining the space-race to be very much like our own cold-war inspired one. Two superpowers, each having control over more or less half of the world, race to be the first to branch out into the solar system. Only after one nation has complete control over not only the homeworld, but every colony in the solar system, are they capable of branching out to colonize other solar systems.

Tie all of this together with a Civilization-esque city building/founding and techtree, and borrow the army/combat elements from Total War, and then you'll have a good RTS/4X game.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97