Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100223 times)

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2008, 09:30:36 am »

So, I played Spore (my Graphics Card broke down, but it runs on my integrated one! Wooo!). Got pwned on tribal phase while I was testing it (yay, saving when being simultaneously attacked by tribes on start!), so I had to restart on another planet (fortunately, it kept my carnivore-oriented stuff, clothes and all). After nuking the whole planet for teh lulz, I had to restart on medium on another planet for space (why they can have 8+ space ships attack me while I only have my toy-looking one?). Currently waging war on a orange dude, while defending two planets + my homeworld (damn those pirates) at the same time.

I can't profit from graphics, so it brings down the overall quality a lot, but I still like it.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2008, 09:42:32 am »

GRAAA! WILLPOWER-to-not-pirate.... Decreasing! Need-to-make...disjointed-declarative-statements...rising! ONly 3 mORe HOUrs!!!!!!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2008, 10:44:44 am »

There'll be expansions with plant editors etc. Just wait.
There's an interview somewhere that mentions them to be free patches since they ran out of time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2008, 10:52:55 am »

So as long as this game is nowhere near serious I still think that it will be much more fun... With another 10 expansions/patches... Like Sims. :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:39 am »

So as long as this game is nowhere near serious I still think that it will be much more fun... With another 10 expansions/patches... Like Sims. :)

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
imean
DOOO NOOOOT WAAAAAAANTTTT!!!!!!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:25 pm »

Asheron, chairman of the CSA ( cow space agency ) just released news that it will be sending a division of colonists/camouflaged commando cows to the center of the galaxy.

Yes, they are winged cows. They will rule supreme.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »

Space stage is so fustrating, after realising it sucked I started again on easy just to get to the centre of the galaxy but I'm still being repeatedly pounded by attacks/eco disasters stopping me from getting anywhere near. Also Omnivore>Carnivore>Herbivore in the fish stage.
Yeh thats right fish stage since it seems maxis have no idea what an amoeba is, amoeba's cant have eyes and tentacles and stuff since those are complex organs and amoebas would never be bigger than a plant since a plant is a multicelular organism.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2008, 03:37:20 pm »

I just bought the game...

Can anyone recommend any good Sporecasts to me?

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2008, 03:39:14 pm »

Gah, I feel poor. I have absolutely no money, and I'll probably have to wait a month or two before I've got the cash to put down on it. I hear people are having a major rage fit about it's DRM, is it really that bad?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2008, 03:42:49 pm »

I got my copy also...Played a few hours with the game..all I can say that I am shocked, this game is horrible, ridicolously easy, and simple. It absolutely doesnt matter what creature do you create, since it wont matter in the space stage for example. You can even win this game with creatures who dont have any eyes, legs or arms even. Its completly ridicolous.
I dont really care that I wasted some small money to buy this game, but I am very angry that an uber hyped game like this SUCKS. Yes SUCKS with big letters. Big thumbs down.  >:(

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2008, 03:43:17 pm »

Space stage is so fustrating, after realising it sucked I started again on easy just to get to the centre of the galaxy but I'm still being repeatedly pounded by attacks/eco disasters stopping me from getting anywhere near. Also Omnivore>Carnivore>Herbivore in the fish stage.
Yeh thats right fish stage since it seems maxis have no idea what an amoeba is, amoeba's cant have eyes and tentacles and stuff since those are complex organs and amoebas would never be bigger than a plant since a plant is a multicelular organism.

Obviously Spore is supposed to be as biologically accurate and serious as in real life ::)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2008, 03:45:15 pm »

Gah, I feel poor. I have absolutely no money, and I'll probably have to wait a month or two before I've got the cash to put down on it. I hear people are having a major rage fit about it's DRM, is it really that bad?

You better wont buy this game. Ive bought 50+ games in the last years, and trust me, this game is FAR the worst. All stages are short and totally dumb. This game is obviously was made for small kids. However kids will like it. Its just a perfect game for them.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2008, 04:52:09 pm »

I haven't bought it yet, but I watched a special on it last night on Discovery.  The more I watch the game, the less I want to buy it.  I was expecting a "Sim" game, but this game doesn't seems to "simulate" anything.

Man, what a dissappointment.  Why are cute, fluffy games taking over the world?  What ever happened to games for serious people?  It would have been so much better if Spore had a been a world simulator (aka Sim Earth 2), where you get to watch evolution take place in animals based on global parameters the player can change.

Wright should have left the space stuff out of it.  A major studio needs to develop a Noctis clone to give us the exploration fix.

I hope Fable 2 can deliver in October, but I'm losing hope in these developers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2008, 05:10:33 pm »

I got my copy also...Played a few hours with the game..all I can say that I am shocked, this game is horrible, ridicolously easy, and simple. It absolutely doesnt matter what creature do you create, since it wont matter in the space stage for example. You can even win this game with creatures who dont have any eyes, legs or arms even. Its completly ridicolous.
I dont really care that I wasted some small money to buy this game, but I am very angry that an uber hyped game like this SUCKS. Yes SUCKS with big letters. Big thumbs down.  >:(
I personally won it with a creature like this: blob + mouth (to sing) :). On easy, but the fact that it's possible ... meh. I've got to the space stage.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2008, 05:21:44 pm »

I'll still probably get it, but WoW has me by the throat(It seemed so easy to get my Merciless Gladiator's Felshroud when I saw it at the quartermaster, but I need 40 more AB marks, 20 AV marks[60 if you include the staff I need to get]and like 50,000 honor.  I'd give up, but I've already gotten one piece, and while looking totally awesome, it doesn't go with the rest of my stuff, so I have to go for the whole set), so it'll probably be a while.  Also, Will Wright said he gave them eyes so they'd be cute.  I think EA gave them eyes so they'd be cute.  It seems like now we can pick between two color schemes in video games:  Rainbow and Mud.  I'd like a few games with color variation that isn't over-the-top, or under-the-bottom.

I may be wrong, but I bet(Hope?) that Will Wright is just as appalled as we are, and EA is the real culprit.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97