Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100087 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2008, 07:23:48 am »

by the way I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a spore forum game here after the game comes out?

Sure, go for it!  8)

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2008, 01:48:58 am »

i dunno...every screen shot i've seen is repulsively cute... :-\
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:37 am »

One of the benefits of Spore is that you can make your world as cute or awful as you like. There are few things in it that are repulsively ugly, but it is possible to come up with something pretty nasty.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2008, 08:25:34 am »

Crap. The store I preordered it from here in brazil just emailed saying their suppliers will take a bit longer to send them the games. >.<

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2008, 10:12:16 am »

One of the benefits of Spore is that you can make your world as cute or awful as you like. There are few things in it that are repulsively ugly, but it is possible to come up with something pretty nasty.

I am pretty sure that in a couple of months after release, we will see awesome mods for Spore...well if modding is supported at all.
The creatures in Spore are very cartoonish, that is the only thing what I dislike about the game.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2008, 12:50:57 pm »

I am pretty sure that in a couple of months after release, we will see awesome mods for Spore...well if modding is supported at all.
The creatures in Spore are very cartoonish, that is the only thing what I dislike about the game.

Hmm. I seriously doubt the game will support modding (specially because of the sporepedia internet creature sharing thingy) but it would be cool if it had it.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2008, 04:10:21 pm »

Hmm. I seriously doubt the game will support modding (specially because of the sporepedia internet creature sharing thingy) but it would be cool if it had it.

Well hell knows..considering that the game is/will be extremely popular, probably lot of people will try modding. We shall see..

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2008, 04:32:43 pm »

The cutesy cartoon animal parts you make your creatures out of kind of put me off. If they're aiming for children with their visuals, what's the gameplay going to be like? :-\

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2008, 04:38:15 pm »

i doubt its aimed specifically towards kids.
given that you can watch your creatures mate and see them kill and eat animals(complete with blood.)
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »

I somehow doubt we will see creatures mate, and the blood and gore probably won't be very graphic. Apparently the game is rated 10+ (ESRB) for 'Animated Blood, Cartoon Mischief and Fantasy Violence'

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2008, 05:11:11 pm »

thats weird.
the video i watched showed a seen with mating although it isnt quite as graphic as one might expect. also i think its wierd that they rated it e10+ even though it had blood when they rated ssbm T for violence only.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2008, 05:27:06 pm »

thats weird.
the video i watched showed a seen with mating although it isnt quite as graphic as one might expect. also i think its wierd that they rated it e10+ even though it had blood when they rated ssbm T for violence only.

Old video. That was back when people had high-hopes for the game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2008, 05:39:59 pm »

If Spore was announced a month ago, it would probably get better reviews and better player reaction. With so much hype and so little actual gameplay (I think I heard of a review somewhere...  and what I heard wasn't altogether good), the game will have to ride it out on sheer player creativity and the sims principle.

Btw, what I heard from the review included this:
Phase gameplay is primitive. The Creature phase is like a mutilated Diablo.
There is no flora constructor, despite it being planned initially.
Overall gameplay is repetitive and, ergo, boring - once you see what you need to do on a stage, you only do that until you hit the next phase.
Only the space phase and the associated freedom could interest the reviewers.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2008, 05:41:30 pm »

oh...
i see...

still i think ill be getting it.

OFF TOPIC: has anyone noticed the esrb seems to be getting a little harsher with the ratings thet're giving? T just for violence among other small details?

EDIT:this post was in response to duke 2.0.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:43:03 pm by Dragooble »

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2008, 05:47:53 pm »

OFF TOPIC: has anyone noticed the esrb seems to be getting a little harsher with the ratings thet're giving? T just for violence among other small details?
T is given as a tentative certificate because the game hasn't been released yet, I believe. The game will probably get a lower rating once it goes gold; I believe the T is given in this case because it's an 'in case we've overlooked something' measure.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 97