Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 99928 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1380 on: August 07, 2009, 07:16:57 pm »

it was 3 times at first, and with millions of buyers something is bound to happen.
And they fixed it as well as it can be fixed already, ages ago.  Your argument looks weak when you bring up a point that went obsolete several months ago.

You keep saying that that because they put in the de-authorization tool, that fixes everything. But the SecuRom is still there, and the tool doesnt give people their money back for the things the tool can't fix.

And my main point was that the DRM shouldn't of been there in the first place, Which im sure i've stated before.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 07, 2009, 07:42:10 pm »

Well it's there, and they can't get rid of it.  Mistakes happen.  And you have yet to come up with a better solution.  Precisely what does it not fix?  How can this be fixed (roughly)?  Would it be worth it to attempt to fix it in this manner (would it please more people, would it not require the old customers give up their game, etc.)?

From my understanding of how the whole SecuRom thing works, if you expected anything to actually be done to recompense that, and you are computer savvy enough to know how it works and be able to really complain about the tool, you should've known that if you used up all your installs and then re-formatted your computer the only thing you'd be able to do about it would be to turn to EA.

They made a mistake, and they've tried to make up for it.  End of story.  You can stop whining about it now, since it will no longer be a major problem in the future.  That is all that can be done; to try to reduce future problems.  Hindsight is 20/20, whereas foresight is as good as blind.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 07, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »

O there are ways to fix it, but EA is not doing anything because it would cost money, hence the lawsuit. Why not just pay sony for a program to uninstall the SecuRom for people who don't want Spore anymore?  Why not give people their money back for the ones who had to buy it twice?

They are a huge gaming company who have constantly done annoying things to make money at the buyers expense. You would think they would notice how ridiculous this would get for consumers as they made 3 mistakes, SecuRom causing massive complaints and technical problems, the limited installs causing massive comaplints as well, along with massive pirating, and the game itself down to the lack of revealed changes, which looked awsome, but now clearly lost the amount of pleased buyers that it would of had. All of spore could have been better.

I don't know if it's just a series of coincidences or EA trying to scam a bunch of people, but to me this is the biggest blunder in gaming history.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 08, 2009, 09:59:59 am »

O there are ways to fix it, but EA is not doing anything because it would cost money, hence the lawsuit. Why not just pay sony for a program to uninstall the SecuRom for people who don't want Spore anymore?  Why not give people their money back for the ones who had to buy it twice?
It's built into the dvd spore comes on.   There's no magic button that removes it from the disc.  As for the people who had to buy it twice, I think they're too busy complaining to random people on a forum than bringing their problems to EA.  And for something for people who don't want it anymore, that's the de-authorization tool.  It restores the number of installs and for all intents and purposes cleans the computer of spore.  Finally, I don't see what good your complaints do when directed at people content with the game (as far as is possible with any game) and you are so insistent that EA just stands there with its fingers in its ears going "lalalalala."  Have you even tried?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 08, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

Sony made it, they can make an uninstaller, just like every installable thing out there, im also wondering if they can just send it a patch to uninstall itself....Spore can still be played once SecuRom is removed.

And good luck trying to get a store to give you money back for a returned PC game.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 08, 2009, 04:24:38 pm »

I think this is what you were ripping off.

http://www.destructoid.com/rev-rant-donate-141041.phtml

It's from a weekly series that's usually allot less angry.  In fact, this is one of the few videos so far that could actually be called a rant.  Should be called rev monologue, but that isn't an alliteration.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 08, 2009, 07:15:41 pm »

And good luck trying to get a store to give you money back for a returned PC game.
Has anyone ever considered mailing the game back to EA for a refund?

Anyway, what's your point?  Whenever you buy any game, and you are disappointed with it, you aren't going to get a full refund selling it to a store.
Just so I remember

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 08, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »

Has anyone ever considered mailing the game back to EA for a refund?

Anyway, what's your point?  Whenever you buy any game thing, and you are disappointed with it, you aren't going to get a full refund selling it to a store.
Because that's how it tends to work.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 08, 2009, 08:40:11 pm »

So if i sent my box with the game and everything back to EA, they will refund? I doubt that as that pretty much screams that you pirated the game and they have no reason to take it back....however that might work if that person complained about having to buy 2 games.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 08, 2009, 09:21:04 pm »

Screaming piracy has nothing to do with it. If they provide you with faulty merchandise they have an obligation to make reparations. If they have any actual evidence to support their suspicions then they have completely separate avenues to pursue but it has nothing to do with refunds.

installing a potentially harmful and dangerous piece of software that has absolutely nothing to do with the program sounds like a pretty big defect in a computer game to me...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 08, 2009, 10:40:08 pm »

If it was that simple a lawsuit wouldn't have been made for it. They are trying to justify SecuRom in court so i dont think one customer could do much.

Any status on that lawsuit? I can't find anything.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 08, 2009, 11:10:53 pm »

So if i sent my box with the game and everything back to EA, they will refund? I doubt that as that pretty much screams that you pirated the game and they have no reason to take it back....however that might work if that person complained about having to buy 2 games.
First:  I don't know.  No one seems to have tried.

Second:  Just think for a second about what you just posted.  How does that scream piracy?  It's quite obvious that there would be some situations in which the unsatisfied customer is unable to simply bring it back to the store for a refund.  Therefore, the only possible place to go in such a situation to get a refund would be to turn to EA.  Then on top of that there is no evidence of piracy.  Why would a pirate even send a disc back to the main company, anyway?  That just doesn't even make sense.
Just so I remember

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 08, 2009, 11:26:17 pm »

Heard people complaining they were questioned about piracy when they called for an extra activation.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 09, 2009, 01:02:52 am »

um, question. if you were a pirate, why would you ask for an extra activation? couldn't you just share the file with your pirate buddy's then throw a party celebrating any recent pillaging?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 09, 2009, 01:25:02 am »

Idk i've never even torrented anything.....except maybe daggerfall......lol i don't even know what torrent is.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97