Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100026 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1245 on: June 26, 2009, 02:08:05 pm »

Do you still play Tormy? I kinda went back to it once I got the expansion though right now I am trying to create my first adventure

It is about the Lohphantoms who are trying to predict the death of the universe effectively tearing a hole through the fabric of space and time and releasing death itself.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 27, 2009, 07:18:02 am »

Oh nah, I don't have time for it....I recently started to play with a MMORPG, and it consumes my time what I spend on the net.  :)

firefly28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 27, 2009, 07:54:03 pm »

I waited on spore for 3 and a half years, I thought it was going to be brilliant but well knowing the kind of depth people on this forum like well you will have seen all spore has to offer in 1 week, in fact the more geeky of you(That is a compliment by the way) will have it dominated it one day

The initial premise was a game like no other; the end result Im afraid, dumbed down crap where by the fact it has a simplistic editor gets used to mitigate any bad factor it has by fanboys but most people dont buy that theory anyway.

Its clear things have been taken out the game for hundreds of little stupid expansions as opposed to the complete game we were promised

Tribal phase is absolutely dire, creature phase although it seems good initially after speaking to 1 creature which takes all of 8 seconds on land, that same mechanic is used for every other creature in that phase! Seriously this game was hyped so bad I just take hype now as a corporate way of lying

I could go into all the phases and how they are ridiculously lacking but seriously I would be here all day

huge huge huge dissapointment that game

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 27, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really just want to enjoy this thread we have right now since I am getting back into the creation Biz. Honestly does anyone here still play this? I'd love to compare notes.

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 27, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »

Hey Neonivek, I still play Spore. My account is Spiral42. Checking your stuff out now.
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 27, 2009, 09:41:31 pm »

Hey Neonivek, I still play Spore. My account is Spiral42. Checking your stuff out now.

Awsome, Sure Ill check out your stuff as well.

Sorry I don't have as much as some of the other vets.

Ill leave comments later... someone is playing music WAY too loud (I have sensative ears)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:44:53 pm by Neonivek »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 27, 2009, 10:45:13 pm »

I still play spore, sometimes.  My account . . . well, it's the same name as this one.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1252 on: June 29, 2009, 01:48:59 am »

Got Galactic Adventures; seems to have come with maybe twelve designed by Maxis, and even those are pretty miserable; the Spore creature control scheme is still terrible; the mind-numbingly repetitive combat and social mechanics return to haunt my space-age civilization and make me regret chopping off all those high-level parts; for some ungodly reason, Maxis adventures award a respectable 100 XP, while player-made ones, no matter them taking a full hour longer to complete, are still worth maybe 15 points if you're lucky; your captain's upgrades and abilities are only useful inside adventures which have no scaling system for difficulty, meaning as you level your captain, things only become more and more painfully easy; I could go on for quite a while here. Ugh. Oh, and as far as I can tell, the adventure creator is practically impossible to manage, which explains why there are only a dozen or so pre-made ones.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 29, 2009, 02:00:13 am »

they should of made 5 different full games then has a server that lets you connect you content through the disks to be able to do more stuff. more fun for us, more money for them.

even cell would be awsome if they put in multiplying and stuff....maybe needing to make different cells for different organs to create a multicellular creature.

creater, obviously mixing land and water and putting all the physics and verbs and stuff in there, plus a bit of mining and scaveging

tribal.....would require total rework. A small tech system that also goes into midevil

civ, make customization of the vehicles depend on a lot more like the terrain they can cross, add terrains, more tech tree, make worlds bigger

space, make it more realistic, not *dropps tree/creature onto planet, planet now is covered by said plant/creature and no matter how many you destroy they will never go away and survive no matter what. there really is too much stuff to change on space to make is awsome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 29, 2009, 02:44:41 am »

Player made levels are worth as much as it is popular adjusted by its difficulty

So a Popular tough map will be worth 100 (Or a VERY popular easy map will likely also be worth 100)

Though I seen how many plays you need for that to happen though.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 29, 2009, 03:17:36 am »

I've gotten 29 from a well made - orbit one. /extremely original one/
I thought one of the maxis one's was going to be good - one involving a crashed space ship. I thought it was going to like the movie, The Thing. It turned out sort of like a cross between Aliens and The thing, but missing a key factor in that all I did was kill shit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:48 pm »

I put up my first adventure

Epilogue to Lohphantom

It was made to test the system so it isn't too well made.

I do suggest however that you use fast captains.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 29, 2009, 10:14:34 pm »

... apparently with the millions of races out there the game seems its a good idea to put in one race for 5 DIFFERENT CIVILIZATION! so im allies with the sporians, while fighting with other sporians, while being neutral with other sporians, while not knowing there are orobably 100 other spoarians through the galaxy. and considering they need ME to fly all the way to all their planets whenever they get attacked too, it just becomes an impossible game to play.

Well, I heard there are mods that can basically get rid of random events and attacks by making their delays longer (having you wait 100 hours before getting attacked again) for instance. I'm going to bet that, in some alternate universe where I buy Spore, I am going to install that mod.

However, having 5 different civilizations for one race? Awesome! I'm tired of each race being their own unique civilization. Why didn't they mention that in 2005?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 29, 2009, 11:15:29 pm »

a game shouldnt need mods to fix it. if mods can fix it why the hell didint they change this huge problem in the first place?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 29, 2009, 11:34:03 pm »

Because they thought it would be fun (in a Drawf Fortress sense of Fun)?

Look, mods are there. They are free. You can download the mods and play a playable game that isn't terrible, while still condemning EA for their stupidity in making this mess in the first place.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97