• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Spore
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:33:52 am »

Hell yeah!
Spore (NDS/PC) Goes Gold!

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54782

Begin your odyssey at the dawn of life as a simple microbe just trying to survive, then evolve the creature from its microscopic origins into an intelligent, tool-using race, becoming a global civilization and choose whether to hunt or forage, attack or trade.

Spore will be available on PC Sept. 5 in Europe and Sept. 7 in North America and Asia Pacific. The NDS version will also be available on Sept. 7, 2008.

[PS. Ive started a new thread for Spore, since the one and only Spore topic was in the various nonsense subforum, and it was quite old.]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: Spore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:38:27 am »

It wil be out sooner in Europe?
EA is going to publish a game SOONER in EUROPE?
I'm pretty sure this is the turning point of our age.

Anyway, I think it looks cool. I like the microbe stage the most, but I have my doubts about the city building stage. It looks a bit of a half-assed rts to me.
I think I'll give it a try.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:50:29 am »

Actually, he (or someone else) mixed the numbers up. If I'm not the one mixing up numbers, it'll be USA on the 5th and Europe on the 7th. I remember being annoyed by the offset release. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:55:07 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 10:08:52 am »

Ah well guys, sept 5. or 7....doesnt matter too much, we can play with Spore pretty soon!  8)
I am just wondering how the "end game content" will work in Spore. It will be open ended, or we can actually win the game somehow...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 10:10:44 am »

I suppose we can win it. By, you know, conquering all the known cosmos. The game's not exclusively multiplayer, and it's not infinitely large. Even Noctis has a finite universe.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 10:40:15 am »

Supposedly the goal is to reach Prip--the center of the galaxy, but you have to fight off the superadvanced Monol--Ggrob race.
Shoes...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 10:42:49 am »

Monol-Ggrob? Uh....  Anagram for Mongol-Borg?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:18 am »

Once you reach the center of the galaxy, this shiny movie will probably play and tell you how great you are and all that stuff, and then it'll return to the game. Meheh. Play on.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 11:15:59 am »

What the hell? Endgame goal is to reach the middle of the galaxy?! Where is this info from?  :o

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:59 am »

Many, many people on forums have said Will Wright mentioned it in an interview, but I've never seen it.  Also, the race is just the Ggrob, I was referencing STALKER, which pretty much has the same goal, reach the center of the play area, which is guarded by a superelite faction.
Shoes...

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 01:13:16 pm »

I've heard the Spore DVD uses SecuRom and only allows you to install the game 3 times on your PC.  Can anybody confirm that? 

If it's true, I dont understand it.  The game is going to use an online login screen that will verify your account, so why in the world do we need a DVD check and Nazi-like security?

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:14:01 pm »

Many, many people on forums have said Will Wright mentioned it in an interview, but I've never seen it.  Also, the race is just the Ggrob, I was referencing STALKER, which pretty much has the same goal, reach the center of the play area, which is guarded by a superelite faction.

Except, the 'center of the play area', is actually the 'unavoidable end of a linear path'.

I think Spore will end when you mine too much adamantine evolve your race into amorphous clouds of pure energy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:40:30 pm »

I want to end my game by putting a black hole in a bag of holding.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 03:42:48 pm »

Ah, Spore...  This game looked amazing three years ago.  Too bad they felt the need to dumb it down from even that early stage of development.  So much missing, if it weren't for Securom I might actually still get it though. :(
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »

I've heard the Spore DVD uses SecuRom and only allows you to install the game 3 times on your PC.  Can anybody confirm that? 

If it's true, I dont understand it.  The game is going to use an online login screen that will verify your account, so why in the world do we need a DVD check and Nazi-like security?

Hah, nah you can install it as many times as you want. Just think a bit..for example when you format your HDD, all datas will be deleted.. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 97