Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible to hang bodies?  (Read 955 times)

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible to hang bodies?
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:09:04 am »

I dont remember it in other versions but its been a while as well.

I noticed in the legends of my most recent fortress 'Safetytown', which I just destroyed by digging into the volcano. Ironically, no migrants came that year because they believed it to be a 'cursed death-trap'. But the legends of the goblin civ that attacked me read:

"In 12, the body of the elf Sareve Bendgrowl was hung from a Birch on a Pig Tail Rope by the Dread of Gutters in Allygrotto".

So, is it possible to hang bodies? I must know how if it is.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Possible to hang bodies?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:19:53 am »

Ive read that if you chain someone up somewhere, then remove the floors around the chain, they will hang there, 1 z-level below.  Never tried it myself though.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:22:17 am »

Right now, no - things like that only happen in world gen (though if you die in adventure mode in a dark fortress sometimes the goblins will put your body up on a spike). Eventually maybe you will be able to do something similar in fortress mode.

For now you can toss capture goblins off towers, or into magma, or into bottomless pits (or pits full of pet bears) which might not be as good but is still pretty amusing for a while.

Chaining them and removing the floor does not hang them - that's one of the things that is being planned to be added to the game but is not in right now.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:33:55 am »

I hang captured goblins. I rope them, dig a channel under them, and let them starve there.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.