Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39f] Some water-related bugs  (Read 486 times)

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39f] Some water-related bugs
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:08:29 am »

I'm surrounded part of the map with walls, and build screw pumps, to pump water from 2nd level(faster then first) of the big lake. Its hard for me to explain(becouse of my english), but when i'm activate pumps, a huge whirlpool is appears, but on OTHER side of the lake. And i'm not sure, but it looks like murky pools inside my walls-surrounded area just "eat" all water that falls into it.
Sorry for my english again, and just look for yourself, here is the save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=428

To activate pumps, press F1(shortcut to my fort), and pull GREEN lever in upper left corner of it. When pumps is working, look for whirlpool on top of the map.
This day going to be perfect!

The Dark Bunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39f] Some water-related bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 10:11:39 am »

As far as I know, sourced water tiles (aquifer, river, brook, and pool) are designed to 'eat' water above them.  But I've been having my own flow problems.  I'm trying to drain a moat with a four-tile-wide exit channel equipped with ten screw pumps at the end.  It works fine in theory, and the pumps *do* effectively clear that end of the drainage channel.  But once there's a gradient, the moat stays stubbornly swirling at 6/7 while the pumps trickle water out of their bone-dry end.