Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Legendary goblin  (Read 30315 times)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary goblin
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2008, 01:07:30 am »

Guys, stop mentioning drawbridges walls n shit. If you would have this legendary goblin, it would be a waste.

Also, too bad he died.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2008, 01:19:23 am »

Guys, stop mentioning drawbridges walls n shit. If you would have this legendary goblin, it would be a waste.

Also, too bad he died.

Don't worry, that was just an alternate universe Stozu, the real one lives!
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58:41 am »

Don't worry, that was just an alternate universe Stozu, the real one lives!
Yeah, and I've started a fortress in his world in exactly the same place. Got my first siege with meager dozen gobbo scouts. Hope it would not take long for Stozu to go check my 7mil worth fortress. Strategic adamantine stockpiling ftw!
I start thinking that adamantime armor is a bit overkill though for the sake of drama
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2008, 09:55:09 am »

Epic. Lol, I thought another person posted about Stozu. What did I miss? Could he really be in multiple universes, like Superman?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

John Johnston

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrescuable aspie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2008, 02:41:52 pm »

You should gen that world again. Stop 10-20 years after Stozus birth. Find him and destroy him.

Urist McTerminator?

"Dig with me if you want to live."

"You have struck Mimetic Poly-alloy!"
Oh
God it's been a lovely day
Everything's been going my way
I had so much fun today
And I'm on fire

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2008, 09:51:55 pm »

Wow, that is pretty cool, and it gives me something to hope for while playing.  Thanks.

What do you suppose Stozu does when he's not exterminating the other races?  Do you suppose he's master of the idle slouch on his Dwarfbone Throne?
Or heck, with those skills...baseball.  Played with Dwarf totems, of course.  Yes, baseball.  The one constant through all his years...

Oh god, now...now I'm only going to think of Stozu like James Earl Jones.  And from so many movies, too.  Field of Screams and Stozu the Barbarian mostly, though.
And with that...no longer just a berserking death machine gobbo, but a suave death machine gobbo with a really awesome voice.
"Urist McDwarf was estactic lately.  He was injured recently.  He had a loved one struck down lately.  He witnessed death recently.  He listened to a really awesome, deep, voice lately."
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »

Ironblood vs. Stozu, the cage match of the centur- Oh.

Um, could someone clean the goblin paste off the arena please?

Maybe Cog vs. Stozu, that sounds more fair.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:08 pm »

Hate to have to ask, but who are Ironblood and Cog?  I assume they're uber-dwarves, but more importantly, do they have any cool or funny stories associated with them?

Stozu's parting words, possibly as he retreats, possibly as he bleeds out.  Actually, might make a good, moving, slightly delirious, final monologue, as he bleeds out.
"Goblins will come, Shorast.  The one constant through all the years, Shorast, has been baseball. Playedpages has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.  It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again.  But baseball has marked the time.  This fortress, this game: it's a part of our past, Shorast.  It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh...goblins will come Shorast.  Goblins will most definitely come."
"Now I'm gonna beat you with this mace until you go away."

I think "If You Build It, They Will Come" sums up Goblins pretty well.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2008, 01:23:26 am »

Wild Goose you heretic!
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2008, 01:27:21 am »

Epic. Lol, I thought another person posted about Stozu. What did I miss? Could he really be in multiple universes, like Superman?

He could and he is.

I've decided to make it my mission to train a warrior capable of defeating Stozu in single combat.  My champion shall use the war hammer, a proper dwarven weapon; I considered the axe, but decided a bludgeoning weapon would be more fitting.

To buy time, I've adopted a more defensive strategy.  Stozu's next siege was driven off with only a single injury - the crossbowdwarf, Datan, was shot in the arm.

In the following ambush, however, one miserable pike-goblin killed three legendary civilians.

Wild Goose, here is the saga of Captain Ironblood, legend of legends.  And here's the story of Cog.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:41 am »

Hey, you guys wanna hear about my goblin siege? My fortress is about 10 years old with 170 or so dwarves. Five years ago I faced a seige of at *least* 30 goblins. One of my marksdwarves killed two of them and the rest ran away before I could get my other dwarves on duty. They have not returned.

Awe, you guys don't like my story!
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:43 am »

In my current world apparently theres a Demon called Stozu and he has the worship of well over 100 dwarves, I'm betting 200+.

This thread must of scared the dwarves in my world into worshipping him. :-X
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2008, 04:31:54 pm »

yer pretty good at dwarven storytelling, gophers. ;)
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]