Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Legendary goblin  (Read 30325 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary goblin
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2008, 07:50:32 am »

I have bad news. A group of goblin ambushers have killed the remaining dwarves. I actually wanted Stozu to kill the remaining dwarves so that he would occupy Playpapers after its destruction. Oh well things don't always turn out as you want them to. By the way his legends screen now includes seven hundred and forty one kills. Of that 28 are dwarven kills. Alone Stozu killed half of population at playpapers, It says that only three of his kills had a title so maybe a marksgoblin or two stole some of his champion kills. Stozu killed his first cyclops at the age of 9, his second at the age of 10 and defeated (but did not kill) a minotaur also at the age of 10. He was one of the first goblins in existence and married at the age of 1. His wife died a year later. Stozu is 256 years old and seems to be a regular consumer of elf flesh. Could this diet of elf flesh be an elixir of life?

Stozu the arsekicker!  ;D
Now really, I always enjoy to read DF stories like these. Its too bad that its very hard to find creatures like Stozu in the vanilla game.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2008, 10:51:13 am »

Reclaim! I say reclaim!  Take your kings coin and lead an expedition to right the wrong of the world!  Reclaim Playpapers for it's rightful owners, and prepare it for the next time that dastardly goblin comes, meet him with steel! Meet him with cunning!  Let him taste dwarven determination first hand!
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2008, 02:04:54 pm »

Meet him with a raised drawbridge!

Fatum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2008, 12:28:30 pm »

"Lolz guyz I have a legendary goblin I can't defend against!
I don't have gates or drawbridges, one of the channels leads straight into my fortress, my army consists of three champions, a squad of marksdwarves and a squad of untrained recruits, and I'm far too cool to use traps, magma or wardogs, so that my 20 cripples have to fight against hundreds of goblins including weapon masters, and I won't even have armor and weapons for my militia! What do I do now?!"

You learn to play.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:34:39 pm by Fatum »

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2008, 12:46:08 pm »

You seem to have forgotten the motto of Dwarf Fortress.

Fatum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2008, 12:53:44 pm »

FAILURE TO USE ANY MEASURES POSSIBLE TO PROTECT THE SQUATS AND THE IMPERIUM FROM THE TAINT OF THE GREENSKINS IS HERESY *BLA

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2008, 01:03:32 pm »

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2008, 03:50:21 pm »

"Lolz guyz I have a legendary goblin I can't defend against!
I don't have gates or drawbridges, one of the channels leads straight into my fortress, my army consists of three champions, a squad of marksdwarves and a squad of untrained recruits, and I'm far too cool to use traps, magma or wardogs, so that my 20 cripples have to fight against hundreds of goblins including weapon masters, and I won't even have armor and weapons for my militia! What do I do now?!"

You learn to play.

EXACTLY.
He's never gonna beat the game at that rate.

:P

Fatum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:14 pm »

He's never gonna beat the game at that rate.
 :P

Yeah, you basically play on the dwarves' side in the game, not on the goblins', you know.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2008, 06:14:46 pm »

Torak has encountered a Dabbling troll!
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2008, 07:04:02 pm »

On a serious note, one of the long-term goals Toady has planned is the ability to play as any race, goblins included.  So actually, Fey Dwarf just strategizes that far ahead

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2008, 07:08:03 pm »

That's already possible, though.

Fatum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »

Only with some serious modding.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2008, 07:21:41 pm »

It's not hard to move a single tag.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2008, 07:25:54 pm »

Weh, I'm wouldn't be that interested in playing as goblins that act like dwarfs.  And how do you rationalize elves, humans, and other dwarfs (or even other goblins) trading with you?

I know there's all sorts of things you can do to change how the game plays, but I prefer the experience of the vanilla game.  Modding makes me feel like I'm going against the point of the game.  Of course, I've had a preference for console games over computer games, so this is more of an ideological difference.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9