Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Legendary goblin  (Read 30345 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary goblin
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:33 am »

Epic story.

Also if he could be captured I would just lock him in a deep near impossible to get to dungeon.

Dwarven Adventures come a couple thousand years later (When theres dwarven computers and dwarven space shuttle missions) after reading legends of a dwarven city that fell to goblins.  Upon making the way to the dungeon at the bottom of the ruins they open it.

Suddenly they are all killed and a goblin steps through the doorway, he looks around and says:

"Stozus back baby!"

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 09:06:17 am »

Don't capture him, just keep making fortresses in this world. "When Stozu comes", legendary.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 09:09:17 am »

Scene from Stuzo X

With a mighty crash, the fiendish mace warps a cleft into the blast shield door. Ara heaves her daughter onto her back, then reaches for the archaic cattle prod on a wall, praying to Urist Dugchannel the batteries haven't died.

One of the red beady eyes pears through the cleft. "HERE'S STOZUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!"
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:10 pm »

Build walls.  Build walls, and then build walls around the walls.
Turn major hallways into long walls, with walls on either side.  Everywhere where there is currently a door, build a wall.  Don't even bother with an entrance.  If immigrants ever do show up again - god help them - just demolish one of the walls to let them in.

Now is a perfect opportunity to see if you can survive completely within your cave fortress, without ever going outside.

What a coward! >:(
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2008, 12:56:10 pm »

I have hit something unexpected. A message just came up stating that migrants were to scared to make their journey this year. WTF? Is this a new feature because it has never happened before.

So maybe Playpapers will finally be destroyed. With only three able dwarves, a child and two injured dwarves. I don't have much of a chance, especially considering I won't be getting any migrants.
Its a new feature. You'll get migrants if not too many dwarves die for a period of time.

Good luck with that.

It's not a new feature, Toady just added the messages to warn you.  Apparently 'Death Trap' status has been around for some time.  see Nist Akath.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2008, 02:42:25 pm »

I think that Melbil would be able to take him.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 04:04:06 pm »

stozu means poisson :) and it is at least so common by goblins then Urist by dwarfs ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2008, 04:14:08 pm »

Build walls.  Build walls, and then build walls around the walls.
Turn major hallways into long walls, with walls on either side.  Everywhere where there is currently a door, build a wall.  Don't even bother with an entrance.  If immigrants ever do show up again - god help them - just demolish one of the walls to let them in.

Now is a perfect opportunity to see if you can survive completely within your cave fortress, without ever going outside.

What a coward! >:(

Them's fightin' words!!
*runs away*

Khain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »

This guy is going in my sig xD
Khain is a dubious worshipper of Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:52 pm »

You know, I can't help but feel that if you just built a drawbridge you'd have been fine.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:24 am »

man i hope my sieges get that epic, on my first two sieges the retreated after a couple guys died. So i built an exit close to my maze, and when they finally started retreating on my third seige, i opened up the gates and my champion sword masters and other drunken machines of mass destruction ripped most of the 3 squad siege to pieces as they tried in pain to run straight past them.
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2008, 02:47:11 am »

I have bad news. A group of goblin ambushers have killed the remaining dwarves. I actually wanted Stozu to kill the remaining dwarves so that he would occupy Playpapers after its destruction. Oh well things don't always turn out as you want them to. By the way his legends screen now includes seven hundred and forty one kills. Of that 28 are dwarven kills. Alone Stozu killed half of population at playpapers, It says that only three of his kills had a title so maybe a marksgoblin or two stole some of his champion kills. Stozu killed his first cyclops at the age of 9, his second at the age of 10 and defeated (but did not kill) a minotaur also at the age of 10. He was one of the first goblins in existence and married at the age of 1. His wife died a year later. Stozu is 256 years old and seems to be a regular consumer of elf flesh. Could this diet of elf flesh be an elixir of life?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2008, 04:53:51 am »

I have bad news. A group of goblin ambushers have killed the remaining dwarves. I actually wanted Stozu to kill the remaining dwarves so that he would occupy Playpapers after its destruction. Oh well things don't always turn out as you want them to. By the way his legends screen now includes seven hundred and forty one kills. Of that 28 are dwarven kills. Alone Stozu killed half of population at playpapers, It says that only three of his kills had a title so maybe a marksgoblin or two stole some of his champion kills. Stozu killed his first cyclops at the age of 9, his second at the age of 10 and defeated (but did not kill) a minotaur also at the age of 10. He was one of the first goblins in existence and married at the age of 1. His wife died a year later. Stozu is 256 years old and seems to be a regular consumer of elf flesh. Could this diet of elf flesh be an elixir of life?
Do not give up! Reclaim! Train a mighty military capable of taking on anything!

And if sieged, just raise the #@%@ing drawbridge!
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2008, 05:01:14 am »

or you can make other fortresses in that world ... hoping once there will be a dwarfen champion brave and skilled enougth for be compared to the migthy Stozu ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Khain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2008, 07:25:25 am »

It would be awesome if you create another fort only to find that stozu has taken it upon himself to become the scourge of dwarvenkind and comes asieging every new fort you build  ;D
Khain is a dubious worshipper of Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9