Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Legendary goblin  (Read 30348 times)

Hadriel

• Bay Watcher
  • M- Medic?
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary goblin
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:15:46 pm »

I just got ambushed by goblins as the elves were at my trade depo.
Thanks to my fortress design I just trapped them in my courtyard and used them for target practice.
But the cool thing was that the leader of the goblin ambush party was an elf withabout 15 pages of elfbone trinkets.

Now THERE'S an elf I can respect, not to mention that she's a chick.
Urist McDwarf: 'Ey, Kogan. You're now known as Assbutt in human.
Kogan McDwarf: Damnit!
"Urist McMayor likes copper for its lustre, giant olms, and talking to small pebbles.  He has trouble opening doors.  He needs alcohol to get through breakfast."

Nathiuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:32 pm »

And therefore instantly do-able?  ;)

Hadriel

• Bay Watcher
  • M- Medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:06:24 pm »

I'll ambush her fortress, if you know what I mean...
Urist McDwarf: 'Ey, Kogan. You're now known as Assbutt in human.
Kogan McDwarf: Damnit!
"Urist McMayor likes copper for its lustre, giant olms, and talking to small pebbles.  He has trouble opening doors.  He needs alcohol to get through breakfast."

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:07 pm »

you're a big fan of getttin it chopped off?  sounds like that's what she's into ;)
Demon of Darkness

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 12:27:24 am »

You had a channel leading directly into your fort?  What kind of fortress design is that?  Were you in the course of bringing more water into your fort or something?  That's a pretty awesome gobbo though, deserves a cage match with Captain Ironblood!

The channel was actually there to provide a hiding place for my 'early enemy detection system' AKA muskox on a chain.
A link to my fort pre-siege: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-3342-playpapers-harracoth

Edit} Holy shit! Stozu is back. He is one pissed of goblin, he is leading a second siege only a month after the previous one. I will provide an update and maybe a movie as soon as this is over.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:41:27 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 04:29:15 am »

You'll get him this time - just cage trap every single square he's likely to step on.  Then keep him imprisoned forever as proof of dwarven might.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 04:46:04 am »

O.K that went badly. I will now tell the story of Stozu's second rampage through Playpapers.

The thumping of marching goblins could be heard well within the depths of Playpapers on that fateful day. It was the 17th of Limestone, our fortress was only just recovering from the previous goblin assault when a wave of goblins hit us for the second time in only months. As normal I ordered Marksdwarves to the wall, Warrior's to the gatehouse and civilians inside while the goblins began their assault. Our warriors consisted of three battle hardened champions (one of which was sleeping). All with legendary skills in wrestling and experts with the sword. These champions  had killed numerous goblins and even a dragon before, however they weren't prepared for what was coming to them.

Numerous goblins, hundreds I am told rushed these two champs. They withstood hit after hit, stabbing and killing every wrestler and pikewielder that came their way. They fought and killed two goblin sword masters sustaining not but an injury. However this fighting exhausted the champs and they were beginning to tire. This was their downfall. Because as soon as they became tired the goblin legend Stozu launched his attack. He faced of with Listast first, she was known as a dragon killer to dwarf kind. However the Listast was no match and with one swing of his Morningstar, Listast went flying, struck the wall and died. Next was Keb, who was not quite as experienced in the art of killing goblins but still with champion status. He was hit by a single morningstar blow before being killed. Both of my defending champions were dead. Stozu had a clear path to the fortress and took it. He ran straight towards the main Keep. Valiantly my fortress guard who were mostly brain damaged recruits ran out to defend the keep. Three were killed but their bravery had won the day. While Stozu was tied up with the guards my marksdwarves were raining a hail of bolts down on the remainder of his army. Eventually enough goblins were killed to force a goblin retreat. Stozu only steps away from the Keep turned and retreated back out the main gate and on to freedom.

There we go... a nice update to Stozu's story of death and destruction. My fortress is now completely devoid of all experienced military and open to further sieges thanks to the work of Stozu. I would have captured a video of the event but I accidentally stuffed up the save. Oh and another thing that you might find amusing is that if Stozu had made it to the Keep (literally three squares away) he would have been caught in cage trap. Hows that for irony?

Edit] Spelling mistakes and a few names around the wrong way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:58:23 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 04:56:10 am »

This goblin is a monster, a total monster.  :o
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 05:28:40 am »

Say, if he attacks again, check if that brown spine wound is still there.  You are going to keep playing right?  It's only fair if you take out the cage traps, so he has an honest chance of personally ending your fortress as a goblin lord should.  Then check Legends to see if your fortress' fall gets it's own title and numbers and such.  This is a great opportunity to experiment.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 05:32:02 am »

We got Ironblood, Cog, and..... STOZU?!?!?!? Uh, could you atleast tell us his full name?  ;D
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 05:32:51 am »

Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 05:34:37 am »

Translation from the posted screenshot-
Stozu Holddemons the Incinerated Stigma

Which is an awesome name by the way.  So much cooler that most champions' titles.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 09:14:12 am »

I'll ambush her fortress, if you know what I mean...

Im not sure that its a good idea to ambush a cannibal's "fortress"... ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:21:55 am by Tormy »

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 11:19:29 am »

I'd still rather face her than five bowgoblins.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:09 am »

Could you post the post-siege save, Fey? A lot of us would want to devise ingenious ways to kill that pesky gobbo.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9