Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Legendary goblin  (Read 30312 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary goblin
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:15:09 am »

My current fortress was hit by a siege of 120 goblins including three local leaders. But there was one particular goblin to note, Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen. Stozu was an ultra-mighty, perfectly agile, supergoblinly tough legendary macelord. This goblin legend carved through my army of legendary wrestlers, killing 3 before being knocked into a channel. Unfortunately this channel lead directly into my fort allowing the goblin to rush through my unarmed civilians. From there the goblin decided to kill all of the marksdwarves sitting on the wall who were sniping any goblins below. Stozu succeeded in this as well. While Stozu was rampaging through my base, the remaining army on the other side of the wall were busily killing scores of goblins. They were doing their job well my dwarven army forced the goblin army into a retreat. Stozu aware of the retreat decided to leave as well. However the only way out for Stozu was through my army of 4 remaining legendary wrestlers, a single marksdwarf and about 16 war dogs. I had him trapped in my own fort.

So Stozu charged through the remaining defenders like a rocket. Blocking everything my dwarves could throw at him, Stozu ran straight past the defenders and on to freedom. The only wounds I could give him were a brown spine and a couple of light gray bruises to various other body parts.

Also another thing that you might find interesting is that this goblin was wearing about 29 pages of elf leather and elf bone trinkets. He was one mean goblin.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary goblin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 02:21:01 am »

That's awesome! I've been slaughtering every goblin that comes within marksdwarf range of my front door for the last five years of my current game. Usually sieges or ambushes drop only the few animal or non-military dwarfs they happen to encounter first. I'd love meet a goblin hero to truly test my fort (and give me a chance to one of my traps, all which are located so far in my fort an enemy hasnt met them yet)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:38:27 am »

Have you looked him up in legends mode yet? Be interesting if he had a past.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 04:42:03 am »

Thats a good idea. Is there any way that I can go into legends without ending my current fortress?

Edit] that was a stupid question. :P I can just make a copy of my world, abandon and then go into legends.

-> 718 kills, Half of them elven, half of them unknown.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:52:22 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 04:52:15 am »

What would be funny is if he had run through a cage trap on his way out.  :D
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:57:52 am »

The Curse of Libraries?!? Now that's awesome. Ssshhh!

Shadowkire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 05:31:03 am »

What would be funny is if he had run through a cage trap on his way out.  :D
I had the same thing from the OP happen to one of my forts but the bastard actually did run into one of my cage traps on his way out....stripped him down and built a special tower for him with a room at the top where I executed him firing-squad style, the sad thing was it was a brainwashed dwarf. I had the thing buried in a coffin at the top of the tower... which was situated above one of the paths to my fortress.... supported by a single column.

anyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:27:47 am »

Thats a good idea. Is there any way that I can go into legends without ending my current fortress?

Edit] that was a stupid question. :P I can just make a copy of my world, abandon and then go into legends.

-> 718 kills, Half of them elven, half of them unknown.

O.O That guy's been a badass since the dawn of time(was he an starting goblin?)! There aren't many historical figures with multiple megabeast kills, and I've never seen that many sapient kills.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:53:31 am »

i had a goblin invasion led by 2 legendary human weaponmasters. One minus a leg.

I also got attacked by a pretty badass goblin hammerlord, who did the whole charging through the troops then getting pushed into an open space. The open space happened to be a 20z level drop for this unfortunate gobbo though.
Magma is overrated.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:34:17 am »

My current fortress was hit by a siege of 120 goblins including three local leaders. But there was one particular goblin to note, Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen. Stozu was an ultra-mighty, perfectly agile, supergoblinly tough legendary macelord. This goblin legend carved through my army of legendary wrestlers, killing 3 before being knocked into a channel. Unfortunately this channel lead directly into my fort allowing the goblin to rush through my unarmed civilians. From there the goblin decided to kill all of the marksdwarves sitting on the wall who were sniping any goblins below. Stozu succeeded in this as well. While Stozu was rampaging through my base, the remaining army on the other side of the wall were busily killing scores of goblins. They were doing their job well my dwarven army forced the goblin army into a retreat. Stozu aware of the retreat decided to leave as well. However the only way out for Stozu was through my army of 4 remaining legendary wrestlers, a single marksdwarf and about 16 war dogs. I had him trapped in my own fort.

So Stozu charged through the remaining defenders like a rocket. Blocking everything my dwarves could throw at him, Stozu ran straight past the defenders and on to freedom. The only wounds I could give him were a brown spine and a couple of light gray bruises to various other body parts.

Also another thing that you might find interesting is that this goblin was wearing about 29 pages of elf leather and elf bone trinkets. He was one mean goblin.

Awesome story..too bad that you hadnt recorded a movie about this goblin!

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:56:27 am »

I just got ambushed by goblins as the elves were at my trade depo.
Thanks to my fortress design I just trapped them in my courtyard and used them for target practice.
But the cool thing was that the leader of the goblin ambush party was an elf withabout 15 pages of elfbone trinkets.
she was infact the one who killed all the traders at the depo.

It occurs to me that with the new histories towns might start placing prices on the heads of characters who have killed enough of their people.

John Johnston

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrescuable aspie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 09:43:38 am »

Seven hundred and eighteen kills?!  Ye gods.
Oh
God it's been a lovely day
Everything's been going my way
I had so much fun today
And I'm on fire

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 06:48:29 pm »

You had a channel leading directly into your fort?  What kind of fortress design is that?  Were you in the course of bringing more water into your fort or something?  That's a pretty awesome gobbo though, deserves a cage match with Captain Ironblood!

Snikers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »

The Curse of Libraries?!? Now that's awesome. Ssshhh!

Guess it's true what they say.

Knowledge is power.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »

I dare say he was Death made manifest...
Demon of Darkness
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9