Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 39f Map bug?  (Read 792 times)

dfshortbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
39f Map bug?
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:50 am »

Sorry in advance if I'm confusing. I don't really know the exact terms to use.
I have made maps in 39f before and after you embarked you could move that big yellow X on the grand overview screen anywhere but to the last tiles on the map. So if the map was like

MMMMM
MOOOM
MOOOM
MOOOM
MMMMM

You could move it to any O but not to the Ms. I just generated a map using this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now I can only move that big X to 3 tiles from the right and 2 tiles from the left and bottom and all the way up so its like this

MMOOOOMMM
MMOOOOMMM
MMOOOOMMM
MMOOOOMMM
MMOOOOMMM
MMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM

Sorry again if it's hard to understand. Anyway I'll probably just restart at the same area because I don't know if I can get to all the stuff that I wanted to because I usually just increase my starting area to include everything I want (magma, rivers, etc...) plus 1 tile so I can get to it all and a little beyond it if I want.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39f Map bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 01:20:12 am »

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about

The map while in dwarf mode.  Yes.  There does seem to be a slight issue, and I think it's not that the X doesn't move, but rather that the map is bigger than the fortress.  I didn't poke it a lot.

BahamutZERO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:59:24 am »

I think what you're seeing is the X on the minimap not reaching the edge of the minimap, right? That's because the X shows the center of your view, so sometimes your view reaches the edge of the map without the center being close enough to make the minimap X appear on the edge. If that's not what you were talking about, nevermind me.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:33:38 pm »

The reason I think the map is bigger than the play area is due to the mountains I get around the edge where I don't have mountains.