Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Funny Squad Titles (and other fun random names)  (Read 8528 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Squad Titles (and other fun random names)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 06:08:17 pm »

While checking squad names, I found one that's interesting. "The Inky Whiteness." Contradicting, right? I'm also fond of "The Tufted Racks" and "The Boots of Chewing."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 12:33:33 am »

My all-time favorite would have to be "The Lustful Bodices."

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 01:13:02 am »

In the history of the region my current fortress is in the was an Elf/Human battle called "The battle of fighting".

Well, I suppose the rest of the battles might have ended up as 'the Battle of Weapon Traps', or 'the Conflict of Cage Traps'

I'm almost entirely sure that one of my first non-fodder squads was 'The Tin Soldiers', though it might've just been something similar.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:02 am »

You can pick which person leads them, is what I think is meant, and different leaders will give the squad different names.

right, had a brain fart there... that's what I was remembering doing, not choosing names. Oops.

I had a squad named "The Paints of Death" once too... the captain's last name was "Squashedpaint", so I suppose names might come into play. In any case the squad name was sort of badass, because they were axedwarves and therefore tended to paint the ground with death.

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 11:28:08 am »

I haven't had any funny, memorable squad names, but I have had some other interesting names crop up, namely 'The Buttery Council' and 'The Syrup of Denominations', the funny part was they are usually found on the same line of writing as each other
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 03:52:43 pm »

I haven't had any funny, memorable squad names, but I have had some other interesting names crop up, namely 'The Buttery Council' and 'The Syrup of Denominations', the funny part was they are usually found on the same line of writing as each other

I wonder if there a squad called "The Pancakes of doom" because they would get along great with those guys
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

LrZeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 04:50:52 am »

The Accidents of Paddling, I'm Still unsure what to give them, maces? hammers?
And everyone knows, when the Dwarves come out of the walls, it's all over.

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 09:23:13 am »

My current Marksdwarf squad is called "The Torches of Cleansing". Maybe they wanna hunt down Frankenstien's monster?

Oh, and "The Crystals of Conflict". Yeah, I pick my squad leaders based on who can come up with the best name, in case you have not noticed.
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 01:56:30 pm »

While I was looking for a nice carp infested river I found 'The Noble Disembowelment'. You can imagine my disappointment when there were no carp to be found..  :(

Hadn't really paid that much attention to squad names but now that I checked in four saves i found some interesting ones:
The Crystalline comedy
The Papers of Violence
The Joys of Mirroring
The Incinerated Girders ...Must be some kind of dragon cult. No weapons for them...
The Autonomous Urns
The Nourishment of Tomes
The Gilded archers
The Good Sacks
The Constructive Neutrality

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 04:58:22 pm »

I was going over an old save when I found this:
The diamond nuts.

Dwarven Malcolite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kingomofloathing.com/login
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 10:38:52 pm »

I think the oddest squad name I've had is the Constructive Seizures. "Unsurprisingly, in its first battle all of the dorfs in the squad received nerve damage. Except, of course, for the leader, preserving the name for further battles.

And, of course, this occurred at the freestanding volcano fortress "Yortomb", possibly the best fortress name I've ever had.
he Jade Blizzard of Fury, an Enormous Cave Bone Corkscrew. Beware the Fury.

enlait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 12:15:20 am »

After few random rolls the generator suggested that my fortress could be named órushat, "Drunkenbasement."

Since the beginning my fort has been a major exporter of beverages.

Steely Glint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 07:32:47 pm »

While perusing the legends of my world, I noticed a very self deprecating demon, who was the leader of a goblin civilization known as "The Stupid Demon".

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:25 pm »

I've only got one amusing squad name right now:  "The Braided Vestibules"
Though I do have a recently arrived peasant with the unexpectedly clever and non-fake-sounding squad name, "The Bent Spears"
I might make him a squad leader with a name like that.

Way more importantly though, is the name of the deity worshiped by my herbalist:
Ikud Godlyprincess is a deity of the Pick of Shaking.  Ikud most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with rulership.
I'd like to say the awesome crossdressin god of leaders is a big name in my fortress, unfortunately it and many other gods are being undermined by the gods of my two greatest miners (one of whom is also the current leader):  Ngathsesh the Pulpy Evil and Amung the Unseen Growth

Ngathsesh not only has a name with 'evil' in it, he often takes the form of a skeletal dwarf and is associated with disease and lies.  THIS is what my dwarfs prefer to worship.  I am slightly concerned.

On a side note - it says Amung takes the form of a cave crocodile.  This is really interesting, because my map actually has a cave crocodile in it, which has been harassing (though never harming - the croc never leaves his little pond, thank god) my dwarfs since I started this map.  Not sure if this is a coincidence or if the connection was generated, but it's cool nonetheless.

Reinecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 11:37:05 pm »

The Helmed Lures
Pages: 1 [2] 3