Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modifying times  (Read 946 times)

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
Modifying times
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:07:23 am »

Right. I usually operate on large, large, large maps... We're talking 16x16 with at LEAST five shift-arrow moves to get from my magma forges to my main fortress. I like spreading things out and whatnot...

So I was wondering if I could double the time it takes to turn seasons, until dwarves need to eat sleep and drink, and things like this. Essentially, I want to evenly double the values to make it as harmless to the actual game mechanics as possible. Sometimes I find my dwarves wandering off to haul things... Only to fall asleep in the middle of hauling.

Poor dears can't even make it to a bed.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying times
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:22:12 am »

How does your computer run?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:29:53 am »

THe sleep is not affected by seasons.
I think a dwarf takes a portion of drowsiness with every action. When it hits some value he tries to go to bed. When it hist some critical value he falls asleep at the place he was standing.
So the only solution to make dwarves sleep more rarely is to make them slower.
However it may be that they get portions of drowsiness for each time period regardless of the work. Then it's a hardcoded value.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:08 am »

I dont think that you can modify "time" in DF right now, however the idea is good. It would be cool if we could change for how long 1 season lasts for example.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »

How does your computer run?

Very well, actually. ;) I don't get much slowdown, even at 160x50.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!