Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is combat reports working for 39f yet?  (Read 2975 times)

dfshortbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is combat reports working for 39f yet?
« on: August 10, 2008, 02:16:22 am »

Just wondering. The one I have still works for 39e but I can't get it to work on f.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is combat reports working for 39f yet?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:25:02 am »

It's not?  Aw, dang.  Now I have to wait for that and Dwarf Foreman to be updated before I can get the good ol' experience back.

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 02:41:44 am »

Dwarf Foreman is one of those things I take for granted, and then an update hits, and I cry myself to sleep because I don't have a good way to manage my dwarves.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 03:18:49 am »

Wow, and here I was thinking it was bad because I couldn't reveal a map because the embark screen said there was a magma pipe and I didn't see it and I didn't feel like digging around.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:08:23 am »

You're (person who is reading this) a tool if you don't play a new version because some little program hasn't had a few lines of code changed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:27:08 am by Torak »
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 04:28:59 am »

OH, I'm playing with the new version. I just grumble every time I have to hand-edit each migrant that wanders in. Not that they live long anyway...

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:08:35 am »

You're a tool if you don't play a new version because some little program hasn't had a few lines of code changed.

That's really not fair.  No one said they weren't playing because these things weren't updated, just that they are helpful programs. 
I'm fairly certain danielout was being just a trifle sarcastic when he mentioned crying himself to sleep.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 05:56:28 am »

Don't mind Torak. He just says the obvious thing in the most bluntest way possible. It's a necessary evil as without him, everyone would take saying silly things for granted without fear of reprisal.

If you make a joke, you must be prepared to face full life consequences.

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:39:36 am »

You're a tool if you don't play a new version because some little program hasn't had a few lines of code changed.

I don't see how anyone could play this game without Dwarf Foreman. :)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 08:08:18 am »

I don't see how anyone could play this game without Dwarf Foreman. :)

Eh? Who cares about Dwarf Foreman?  ::) ;D
We have BIG BIG gameplay window now, be happy!  :D .. also Foreman will be updated pretty soon I think if you so badly need it...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:28:46 am by Tormy »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 08:14:12 am »

What were you trying to accomplish with that?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 11:29:03 am »

What were you trying to accomplish with that?

Voicing my opinion on people who pray to 3rd party programs. I was not directing it at the OP himself, I was saying it to whoever uses them religiously.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 12:08:13 pm »

Dwarf Foreman is one of those things I take for granted, and then an update hits, and I cry myself to sleep because I don't have a good way to manage my dwarves.
Out of curiousity, what are the best parts of Dwarf Foreman -- the ones you really find you can't do without?

Of course, outright cheats are probably best left to third-party programs, but for all the other straightforward management functions it'd probably be neat if they could eventually be worked into DF itself, the way Regional Prospector's functions eventually were.  If this many people find that it enhances their gameplay, well, there has to be something to it, right?

(I've never used it, though, so I really don't know.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 12:24:38 pm »

I would like to say I have only used a 3rd person program once in my DF lifetime.

And it wasn't even an in-fortress app, just prospector.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:55:38 pm by Helmaroc »

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 12:35:29 pm »

Out of curiousity, what are the best parts of Dwarf Foreman -- the ones you really find you can't do without?

Foreman allows job management based on profession name. Thus, once I get new migrants, I can customize their profession names in DF, then in Foreman I can mass-assign tasks. Also, this lets me accomplish large-scale tasks quickly. Say I want to smooth a ton of stone, and can handle pausing my production lines to do it. I just open up Foreman, and give all my crafting professions that job and remove their others. Thus, being able to mass-apply jobs to groups is quite handy, and allows me to finish large-scale tasks rather rapid, with little time spent micro-managing jobs.
Also, it is a really good visualize to see how I've got my classes broken down, and to see if I'm missing any jobs. ie: Why aren't my iron floodgates being made? *glance to Foreman* Oh, my smiths were assigned to haul stone for a while, and I forgot to turn their smithing back on. *fix*

In regards to Torak, I'm not sure why using such a useful 3rd party program makes me a tool. As far as I can tell, it certainly isn't cheating to use Foreman, since all it does is help manage tasks. And like I said, I've upgraded to the latest version, it would just be nice if I didn't lose Foreman's capabilities when doing so. I mean, heck, the screen change alone made it well worth the download.
Pages: [1] 2 3