Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Planescape: Torment  (Read 6091 times)

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planescape: Torment
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 09:11:15 am »

Whoever designed Annah was single.

And brought in a seriously amazing voice actor to read her lines. PST is god. xD
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 12:58:01 pm »

I just remembered how in that game, characters all had equipment slots as usual, but you couldn't just take off Annah's torso armor (which was really just clothing). The item wouldn't come up with a click, and she'd say "If you removed those clothes, I would be naked" in a southern-belle awesome way. You actually just had to drop new clothes on her, which would switch them out.

Nameless also got to wear tattoos as an equipment slot, which were actually patches of skin or hide with magical tattoos drawn on them. He grafted them on when he regenerated.

Oh yes, your main character regenerates right from the start XD

SO AWESOME
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 01:18:05 pm »

"If you removed those clothes, I would be naked"
It was Fall-From-Grace. Annah used to express her displeasure more directly ;)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 02:24:40 pm »

Well I've got the elf-guy with the imaginary sword, Annah, the Succubus, and the pyromaniac dark wizard that might snap any second and try to burn down the world again, I've ripped out my own intestines (Is it possible to get them back in? Or can I just drop them?), busted the decanter of endless water, got unlimited drinks on the house at the hottest bar in town, and talked to a perverted wardrobe as well as Medusa.
I'd say my day is complete.

Where can I find a skull to trade for Morte back?

I really like this game in that every vaguely important encounter manages to be different (ignoring that everyone is an *sshole. Seriously, the nicest person I've met in the game was a Succubus. WTH?) and interesting.

Oh yes, and what do I do with the bag of jumping teeth? I also found what looks like a voodoo doll of The Lady of Pain... is this thing going to get me killed? What in the world do I do with Pharod's repulsive bronze sphere thing?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:29:59 pm by Idiom »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 03:19:26 pm »

Did you get to the Sensates' Sensorium yet? I loved that place!

And the giant iron golem who smiths weapons for the eternal Blood War of the Baatezu and the Tana'ri. And how far have you gotten into the Githzerai's puzzle box?

I look upon you who have not yet played this game the way a mountain climber looks upon those who have never gazed upward.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 05:46:14 pm »

I look upon you who have not yet played this game the way a mountain climber looks upon those who have never gazed upward.

... Like they're idiots? ???
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 06:22:08 pm »

Where can I find a skull to trade for Morte back?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh yes, and what do I do with the bag of jumping teeth?

also found what looks like a voodoo doll of The Lady of Pain... is this thing going to get me killed?

What in the world do I do with Pharod's repulsive bronze sphere thing?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 08:27:36 pm »

"If you removed those clothes, I would be naked"
It was Fall-From-Grace. Annah used to express her displeasure more directly ;)

Yeah, one of Annah's lines when you try to take her leather armor is: "Watch. The. Leather." I could feel her glaring at me when I heard her say that.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 09:44:53 pm »

I wanted to reply "I have been watching it, but it only does interesting things when you bend over"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 10:12:22 pm »

To this day, PS:T is what I think of when I think "perfect game." I loved everything about. When I finished it, I had that long, deep feeling of inner turmoil: I knew I'd just finished the best game I'd play for years, if not forever, and I was both impressed with the ending and horrified that it had to end.

I wanted more. I still do. Man that game had a wild and awesome storyline/setting/cast.

I still have the four CD set. I haven't played it in a few years now. That's going to change!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:01 am »

I actually lent mine to a friend. She disappeared with the best game ever. I should have made her leave an organ as collateral.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 07:41:01 am »

I actually lent mine to a friend. She disappeared with the best game ever. I should have made her leave an organ as collateral.

That happened to me, but fortunately not PS:T. It's Troika's remake of Temple of Elemental Evil... with Co8's mod out, it still hurts, but not as much as you.

I no longer lend anyone any of my games now. "If you want to play, you will have to buy it yourself. But you can get a feel of the game at my place, to see if you really want it or not."

It usually ends with me replaying the game.  ;D

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 05:49:34 pm »

Could anyone tell me how in the world I get into that siege tower? I simply can't find anyone with the dialogue options to ask them about it. I need to get a part that's in the tower for the dream machine.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:27 pm »

Could anyone tell me how in the world I get into that siege tower? I simply can't find anyone with the dialogue options to ask them about it. I need to get a part that's in the tower for the dream machine.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 11:09:39 pm »

Huzzah! I finally got in the tower!

The contents were much cooler than I was expecting.

Too bad the dream machine was a one time use and barely revealed anything useful (poor guy wasted his life building it).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5