Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: dwarven Multiverse  (Read 11642 times)

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven Multiverse
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2008, 04:30:53 pm »

Everythings ready to go, the save is here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=416

Good luck, btw we no longer have an axedwarf/woodcutter, as theres no wood, so baughn is a metalcrafter/metalsmith.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 04:34:19 pm »

I would join, but then I realised that we are moving into a terrifying biome with water. NO. Zombie Carp will attack our primary settelers the moment they spawn, the farmer, cook, miners and craftdwarf will die. We will starve to death, when the caravan arrives we will have nowhere near enough stuff to buy food and will starve.

However, it is underground, so I'll just drain the water into a different area and stuff, and I make mostly desert fortresses so I'll do okay.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 04:35:38 pm »

hehe well you're welcome to join, you're to late to get a starting dwarf named after you, but you can play and post updates.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 04:37:37 pm »

I won't be a dwarf in the fortress at all, I'll be the nickname of one of the Dwarfern Traders.

The other one is called Steve ;D

EDIT: Sorry, can't play until next May Green Tileset.

Yes, I am the kind of picky bastard who can't stand the ACSII version :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:41:16 pm by Plank of Wood »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 04:43:13 pm »

Dig these crazy hills man.  Can't wait to lop the top off this starting one and turn the base into a pallisade.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »

hehe, im turning that hill into a apartment complex.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 05:07:41 pm »

I'm going to carve out a dwarf face ::) :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 05:15:15 pm »

Whoa, Jennifer likes tentacle demons, Aqizzar likes goblins (traitor? what traitor?), Baughn likes giant cave spiders, and G-Dwarf worships a god of death and suicide.  We're all insane!

Also, watch out for that giant jaguar Gaulgath wants to hunt.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 05:23:37 pm »

Whoa, Jennifer likes tentacle demons, Aqizzar likes goblins (traitor? what traitor?), Baughn likes giant cave spiders, and G-Dwarf worships a god of death and suicide.  We're all insane!

Also, watch out for that giant jaguar Gaulgath wants to hunt.

yeah I had to draft him to stop him chasing it, unfortunately when I let him go back to civvie street he dropepd his armour around the mountain

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 05:48:52 pm »

Oh great. We forgot bolts. How can I hunt without bolts?! You all must want me dead. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »

I declare uber face palm!

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 05:58:56 pm »

erm there is bolts, cause you've got the ambusher skill you start with a crossbow and 30 bolts, and we can make more bolts from bones before they run out. especially as im not letting my only brewer go hunting big jaguar until ive assigned a few hunting dogs to him

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008, 06:14:57 pm »

Ah... I see. Well. I just killed a camel and butchered it. Very nice.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 06:32:40 pm »

D3c0y2 Universe story
I reccomend each player posts a large banner saying declaring there posts, so the storylines dont get confused.

Diary of Jennifer Unoltertirist Winter 51

Well 'ere we are, has been one 'ell of a year, aye it 'as.

We arrive'd in spring followin' dis big bloody ejgit callin' himself "G-dwarf" young scallywag with deillusions of Grandeur I say, aye I do. As soon as we got 'ere he had the young fellow wit the beard, whats his name, Ah yes, Din-Dan start diggin' a 'ole. Meanwhile we all 'ad to go chase that Gaulgath fello' from tryin to take on an oversiz' kitty.

Eventually We'd moved all the stuff inside, aye we 'ad. By then my ol' bones were aching;
"I'm surely too ol' for dis adventurin' lark, I can feel me hip goin'"
I thought to myself. But an ol' woman ain't allowed a moments rest, no they ain't, and no sooner was the stuff inside than they 'ad me carrying whatchamecallits around the fort and doin' odd jobs 'ere an there.

We'd just finished diggin' the farms out an I was ready to get farmin' when a damned little rascal got into the fort, aye a damn Dark gnome had wandered in and was rubbin' his little gubbins over everything. That damn G-dwarf bloody ran with his beard between 'is legs, but that Gaulgath, my god it made me feel all a flutter' jus' watchin' him. He picked the little bastard gnome up by it's ears and hit it again' the floor and walls till it wa' in peices, then threw the corpse down the corrider... a strong laddie, do his mother proud, he does.

Then the traders showed up and G-dwarf at once decided to show the Mr. Fancy Pants Liason around our little hole in the ground, Then proceeded to sell all our earing's we'd made to 'em! I quite liked the jet ones 'unall.

We decided to set'up a drawbridge and as the farming was planted they didn't need no traditional cookin' done they got me makin the mechananisms. I mean a woman o'er my age, shoul'nae be messin around with that new fangled stuff, but I was the only one without a job, so make mechanism I had ta'do, aye I did.

I helped that Din-dan fellow(who's become legendary for his minin' prowess al'ready) install the bridge, then he showed me how' ta set up some simple rock traps at the entrance, they say you can' teach a ol dog new tricks, eh? my arse ye'can't!

Nothin' really much happene' after that, we set about decorating the dinin' room, which is becomin' known across the land as a legendary diner under the scorchin' sun, accordin' to da liason, aye it tis.

Not much happened till recently, when a kobold managed ta sneak past our traps and confronted me down a barren corrider, ah cold see the bloody murder in its eyes, I could, and My screams echo'd around the fort, I thought I was a gonna, but that Gaulgath came and chased the vermin out the fort. Then he came back to make sure Ah was ok, 'is mother raised 'im well, she did.

But the kobold attack got me thinkin', I need to make a Journal incase I go, so 'ere I be. Writin' ma life in Okabushul down in'da runes, lest I die before me 180th birthday.

Your's Ol' Grannie Jennie.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:43:21 pm by d3c0y2 »

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 08:10:08 pm »

Cajoes Universe Story

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chronicles of Government Dwarf.
1st of Granite, year 51, early spring.

Folly.

I surveyed the landscape, ignoring the grumbling of the pioneer crew. Folly pretty much summed up this operation. But orders were orders. I am the representative of The Star-Town of Smoothness, the elected leader of the Brother-Realms, citizenry of the newly founded Brokenrealms. Out in this dwarf forsaken wasteland I am the Government. My word is law.

I am also royally [expletive]ed.

The site, while geologically interesting, is only slightly more hospitable to life than say, the boiling caldera of a active volcano. I would have welcomed a magma vent actually, . But I would prefer any accessible source of water. I will have to take care not to engage in direct combat with the local- um.. camels. Huh, guess the area isn't too bad. - I had to recall mister Gaulgath from his impromptu hunting trip, assigning him as basic military for the time being. Atleast until we've dug in properly.

I have given the instructions, the fortress will be designed in according to tradition, plus some of my humble innovations. I might not have a touch for aesthetics or pleasing building designs, but I do know how to put down proper defenses, if only I did not have to tell Mr.Din-dan to get back to work every 15 minutes.. progress is slow enough without his dilly-dallying.

++++++++++
6th of granite
++++++++++

We've struck coal! Fancy that. Guess we didn't need any magma after all.

++++++++++
9th of granite
++++++++++

Started construction of a basic workshop, until the apartement districts have been excavated (mental note: assign more miners.) proper, we'll have to... what's the quaint little phrase, oh nevermind. I just want to get out of this blasted sun... And I don't like the looks that giant Jaguar has been giving us either. I suppose our brave (and only) marksdwarf is more than enough to take it down. But I don't want to risk the entire colony at this early stage just because a big cat looks at me funny... (mental note: set up food production a.s.a.p.)

+++++++++++
12th of granite
+++++++++++

Blazing sun, nothing to report, the camels are ruminating...

+++++++++++
13th of granite
+++++++++++

My lord spake to me today, he told me to find some shade. For I did not look too well. I supplicated before his awe inspiring visage and obeyed...

+++++++++++
14th of granite
+++++++++++

As I write this, head throbbing from no doubt a little too much sun, I realise that I'm wasting precious parchment on trivialities, nothing of any real import will happen in the near future, thus I list the basic needs of our fledgling colony. Once they have all been crossed out, I will start writing of our situation again... Unless something interesting happens, like me ordering Gaulgath to wrestle that Jaguar heheh. Um, not that I'd waste precious personell like that...

* Landfall
* accomodations
* food supply
* security
* Big ass statue of myself on top of those hills.

the G-Dwarf, signs out for now.

Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7