Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: dwarven Multiverse  (Read 11643 times)

Antlia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven Multiverse
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 11:41:54 am »

I would go for 3 x 3.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 11:57:13 am »

the 3x3 is a nice spot,h owever the problem is it lacks HFS stuff, having only a small lake. Whilst the 4x4 has a river, and adamantite!

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 12:37:15 pm »

Why not just make the 4x4 area into a 3x3 the only diference would be less sand.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 12:52:04 pm »

well the majority of people seem to want a mainly desert biome, and on top of that I was under the impression more desert would mean more creatures from that biome?

would you like in btw Aardvark, its to late to get a dwarf named after you, unfortunately.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 01:36:10 pm »

Well, I'm fine with the 4x4. My vote goes to that.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 01:43:48 pm »

well baughn said hes for whatever, I personally would like 4x4 and Antlia is for the 3x3, so its dependent on the other voters voting what way. :)

only haven, Cojoes and Aqizzar left, unless Aardvark is in.

I also noticed something, the 4x4 area's desert has _no_ trees, making for a more difficult game until you find the underwater river and can grow tower caps.
So its also a question about who wants a more difficult start location, but a reward of admantite, and who wants the _slightly_ easier starting place with a finite water source.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:50:34 pm by d3c0y2 »

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 01:50:34 pm »

I'm voting 3x3 for my CPU's sake. Dunno how long this is gonna last, and the lake as opposed to river might help.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 01:52:17 pm »

I'm voting 3x3 for my CPU's sake. Dunno how long this is gonna last, and the lake as opposed to river might help.

I see, well thats two each way.

Aqizzar and Cojoes will have to decide. However remember my earlier point about the lack of trees on the 4x4. Makes for an even more challanging game >:3

EDIT: however the 3x3area could be shunted south, trading two desert tiles for another mountain area, and a chasm. Creating a semi third choice.

Once we've got the area voted on we should probably think about equipment, We cant really afford to keep voting about everything, so Unless someone really, really, really  disagrees with me, the equipment should be a fair balanced outlook.
EDIT: list will be posted up on next post shortly.
that including every dwarf having 10/10 skills is exactly the maximum amount of points allowed, and gives a fair starting for every player, as it has the basics required to go for any sort of set up.

(for instance I usually drop the anvil and buy it come autumn, but others may set up a metal working industry fast, and so I've included it, like wise some players may not want to set up food straight away so ive put enough supplies in so that theres no huge rush to set up farms.

And theres every seed except Dimple Cups so That you could get a clothing industry and all the different alcohols you like up and running as fast or as slow as you want.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:35:57 pm by d3c0y2 »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 03:12:56 pm »

My vote is for the 4x4, for the increased challenge. My computer will scoff at such a small map.

Also, I'll vote for replacing the pick and axe with two units of copper ore, one of iron ore, three generic stones, a tower-cap and three bituminous coal - or six tower-caps if there's no coal available on the embark menu.

Use the freed points for a pair of horses, and increasing the wine/rum/etc. rations to 11 each for the extra barrel - they're going to be scarce enough as is.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 03:31:26 pm »

ok me and baughn have been discussing and with his vote its basically going to be the 4x4, aspecially as going on the 4x4 will allow us to drop the axe, bring more food and drinks getting more barrels, and get two dogs, allowing breeders and animal training to get going fast.

Also looking at the dwarf list, all but one dwarves is male. So which one of you chaps wants a female dwarf? :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:37:23 pm by d3c0y2 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 03:40:09 pm »

Aw man, I was going to vote 3x3.  My dual core processor doesn't like 4x4s, but hey, it's certainly still playable.

Animals are always good, extra booze is nice, but there's no reason to bring stones at embark.  If you want to game the system to get free barrels, just get 1 or 2 units of every fish available (and plenty of turtles).  That'll get some free bones too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 03:50:16 pm »

Ok finished list of items are up, Im going to change my dwarf to be the female one, Now called jennifer.

Ill add your dwarves on and away we can go!

Copper Pick
Iron Anvil
dwarven ale 21
dwarven wine 21
dwarven rum 21
dwarven beer 21
Groundhog meat 21
turtle 21
donkey meat 21
catmeat 21
perch 21
10x plump helmet spawn
5x cave wheat seeds
5x rock nuts
5xsweet pods seed
4x Dimply Cup Spawn
30x tower cap logs
4x donkey leather

2xdog

and for the name of the fortress "Manyworlds" sounds good as any?

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 03:51:49 pm »

So, do we document our individual yearly progress as we go along or simply send the reports in a PM for you to compose into a post?

Yeah, manyworlds will be fine. :)
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 04:02:26 pm »

UristUrist the Urist of Urist... :P

Hm... Manyworlds seems a bit bland, though. Some kind of Splitworlds or Brokenworlds would be interesting, but I have no major problem with it as is.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 04:14:16 pm »

each player can do a report whenever they feel like it, either seasonly, monthly, whenever something interesting happens. Whatever you feel like doing.
you can do it in character journal, story, OOC what ever takes you.

the world is called brokenrealms
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7