Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: dwarven Multiverse  (Read 11278 times)

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven Multiverse
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2008, 02:12:35 pm »

yeah just wall up that river and either wait for the autumn dwarf caravan and buy a new pick, or try and make a new one.
its an easy salvagable situation.

Atip though, when you next try to break into the river, build you're water works before hand, and put a grate/fortification on them, then if possible channel from a safe position to it, or cover you're miner whilst you channel.

I know thats what im gonna do when I find the water source.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2008, 02:38:14 pm »

Well, you don't actually get to see it until you've dug into it, and the Bla-Men are amphibious. A door should work all right to block it off.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 02:45:16 pm »

well usually I breach once to find out what it looks like, then wall of tht breach and breach again inthe way described

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2008, 03:42:04 pm »

Owch, Gaul... Well, at least you have an anvil and a hammer.

The thing is, we've only mined out some casseterite which can only be used to make tin unless you have another ore type. You can't make picks out of tin!

So it looks like we'll be waiting for a migrant miner or the human caravan. (They carry picks quite often, if I recall correctly)

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2008, 03:42:25 pm »

Gah. I thought the "quote is not edit" thing was something I'd never have to post again with the new forum software. I was wrong. :(

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2008, 07:43:35 pm »

d3c0y2s Universe

Journal of Gaulgath, 22nd Moonstone, 53.

It is with a heavy heart that I inscribe these words, the oldest of our original seven, and one of my long time friends, Jennifer was struck down today.  Three squads of goblins, numbering near 45 goblins attacked us, jennifer was outside installing a trap during the ambush and was chased away from the fort. Me and my squad soon were armoured up and rushed out to save her, but found ourselves hemmed in by the two remaining squads, fighting them on the trapped entrance we soon saw them down, I myself failed to kill any Goblins, but Dantan struck down two with his bare hands. Alas by the time we caught up to jennifer she was dead, torn into 4 peices and the goblins had retreated, seeing what had happened to her friends.

It is a heavy day for Okabushul, and the original seven is now 5, atila having perished in an earlier attack, the poor sod had been outside mining the ditch to a moat covering our outside farms when he was shot in the back. Now he lays at the bottom of the ditch rotting.

Your's Gaulgath.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:59 pm »

Haven's universe:

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2008, 08:16:34 am »

ive been toying with the idea of digging out the sire, just been struggling with how to do it, if I dig through th eroof'll drop on my head, so Ill have to channel it out from above.

anyway: my update. Now with no jennifer.
D3c0y2's universe

Journal of Gaulgath, 19th hemanite., 54

Well the Population stands at near 67 now, alas we've had 5 deaths. the most recent being an immigrant who fell asleep on our newly installed weapon trap. Seeing a dwarf ripped shred to shred by automated daggers is something I don't wish upon my worst enemy. In other news we're digging into the mountain now by way of a large tunnel we built connecting them. The lower levels of the spire are completely carved out now, and a defencive wall is being built on top, with the idea of eventually creating a fortified spire-fort.

Our artifact collection grows, we now have a fire agate bucket, though without water its sort of useless. The dwarf who made it, Samson, cut a few Emeralds we found to an exceptional quality. I've had my squad grown to five men, as two hunters came in the last immigration wave, though we never really need to do anything, With two legendary mechanics the traps we've been pumping out can take up to 60 goblins before finally being overrun.We finished the outside farms, surrounded by a wall and moat with the only access being from underground, makes for safety, though alot of our farmers have never had to farm outside, so the amount of vomit is sickening. No Pun intended.

People keep engraving pictures of G-dwarf surrounded by dwarves everywere, something that has made him a little big headed, he declared himself mayor and now demands lay pewter items. We started digging a bigger bedroom, and it sort of shut him up, though he spends less time making mechanisms now, and more time checking his chest, or eating or drinking.

Search continues for this elusive river, but every mining prob has ended in initial failure, though we did end up with lots of coal and emeralds from one probe. We'll find it eventually.
Your's Gaulgath.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2008, 02:00:56 pm »

I have completed my first year at Brokenrealms!

Could we get a DFMA map from each person? Just to compare.

2nd Granite, 52

To commemorate the (mostly) successful establishment of their outpost, G-Dwarf had Baughn make a tin statue. Some considered it a waste of their wood since they had to make charcoal, but once they got a sight of Baughn's impressive handiwork, glimmering in the desert sun atop the hill where the entrance was located, their complaints ceased.

28th Granite, 52
Jennifer was ordered to use her talents as a cook to render all the fat from the butchered animals that Gaulgath had brought in and to make some simple meals. Antila continues planting sweet pods.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:25:11 pm by Gaulgath »

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2008, 03:10:47 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3349-brokenrealms
thats my fort.

EDIT: thats a pretty nice design. I never really have oval rooms if I can help it. Also I've never really put metal forges up in my first year.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:46:01 pm by d3c0y2 »

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2008, 03:47:22 pm »

actually I was looking at it and realised you've got an etrance room with a statue in the middle, with a two story pathway and stairs. its pretty damn impressive.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »

D3c0y2s Universe

Gaulgaths Journal, 1st moonstone year 55.

its been a strange year, earlier on in the year Din dan our legendary miner fell 30 foot whilst channeling and ended up with a wounded hand and spleen. Knowing without water he was surely a gonna we set off to find the river with quickened speed. only two days after Din Dan became bedridden we hit the water.
Me and my men moved slowly forward, fear on the edge of everyones conscious, any sort of monsters could rise from these deeps. However as we got to the edge we realised the river  has 3 water falls in it, and that no monsters are on the top level, just incase we walled up the first shaft and from a second shaft built a well above the river. No chance anyones getting in from above it. However as we dug the shaft to the well Din-Dan turned up with his pick in hand. the crazy sod had only gone and healed a punctured wound in less than 3 days, and soon put the rest of the miners to shame digging the rest of the shaft out.

the top of the mountain is currently being supported by pillars as we mined out all the iron from the midtop level, I dont like the idea of a thousand tons of rock being held above us by 5 pillars but ive been ensured by the two top mechanics its totally safe. Something was disconcerting about that as they were wearing hard hats as they told me.

G-dwarf is becoming a good trader but is getting more and more reserved from every day dwarven life. I worry for him sometimes.

For some strange reason people seem to have an affixiation with trees, and engrave them onto many of our walls. Though a few great histories of our defeat of the goblins have been carved on occasion.

Yours Gaulgath.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2008, 05:13:43 pm »

Here's my archive map, took me a while to figure out what I was doing.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2008, 05:40:12 pm »

pretty impressive cajoes, I have no idea how it works. it looks as though your base is all on different levels with stair ways going everywere. looks impressive, will look better when smoothed and engraved.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2008, 08:05:35 pm »

Aqizzar's Universe

Yeah, I'm way behind.  This slipped my mind for a while when I got sucked back into Liberal Crime Squad.  No big RP thing for me, kinda burned out, and I don't have the time.

Anywho, here's the Aqizzar Dimension's version of Brokenrealms, at the beginning of the second year.  I'm turning the whole hill/valley area into a giant castle, with the big southwestern hill as a military stronghold.  Not much done except a lot of, as yet unless, walls.  Though none too soon as it turns out - a tribe of snakemen exodited through my exploratory mineshaft to the cave river, and have set up camp next to the eastern wall.  That big hall next to the riverhead full of spiderwebs (hope I get a weaver soon) will be a farm once I clean everything up, and find a way to deal with the 30ish cave critters right inside.

Population 17, two of them woodcutters.  I've reappropriated their axes, plus a spear I bought from the caravan, for a security squad (still in hand-to-hand training).  The squad leader, in the grand Dwarven tradition, is a soap maker.  Only real difficulties yet are a complete lack of fuel (one piece of coke in reserve) and the giant eagle playing hell with my masons.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7