Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39f] Adventurer mode  (Read 553 times)

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39f] Adventurer mode
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:10:13 am »

Got 2 little things while messing around with some expanded grid on a large world.

The fist thing is that I don’t seem to get the up and down view windows even at show any unhidden square for some reason, I’m currently at 200x75 grid, haven’t tried any other yet.

The other one is that I retired the adventurer to check what god I just threw myself to worship and now whenever I scroll down to get to that adventurer in the list, the whole game crashes, even while I can see him in legends and all.

Hope that helps.

Edit: wandering around some more, it seems that only shows the view down when both of the windows, up and down are present and I'm not in a town, and therefore free from the map, I'm guessing they appear right underneath the compass and maps, so I can't see them.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:00:14 pm by Vaccean »

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [39f] Adventurer mode
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:41:30 pm »

As for the adventurer crashing on un-retire, check your save file to make sure all the files are present and, at that, what, if any mods are you using?
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21:04 pm »

They appear on the other side of the screen.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:08:36 pm »

No mods at all, and as far as I know I didn’t even went into the save folder as I didn’t left further than to the legends screen when it happened, rather than crashing on un-retiring, it does when it tries to show the adventurer name on the list, I can get to that list thanks to the huge number of playable civilizations that sum up 2 pages on the list, so the retired characters doesn’t show right while opening adventurer mode, but it crashes when I scroll down to that second page, though I can't get it to happen again myself in other worlds, so I guess I must have done something wrong one way or another.

The z windows did used to be at the other side, and they go back to their place when reverting to the traditional 80x25 grid, but whenever I expand it to any size bigger than that, they go under the other windows at the left, that’s why I guess it’s a bug, though it’s certainly unsetting that nobody else seems to experience it... I don’t know, the only relative oddity I do or I am aware of is playing on full screen.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:00:14 pm »

I think I've fixed the window problem for next time.

Do you have the crashing save?  The adventurer's entry might be corrupted, but something else might be going on.  I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!