Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Living gods.  (Read 1400 times)

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
Living gods.
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:40:39 am »

I was considering a race of living gods. They wouldn't have the possibility to breed much and growing up would take aprox. 250-500 years. They would in all sense be unkillable but would expand their civilisation by stealing babies. Could this work?
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: Living gods.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 07:33:15 am »

If you make them babysnatchers they will be quickly outbred and extincted by their captives.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:03:44 am »

If you make them babysnatchers they will be quickly outbred and extincted by their captives.

Thats not really a problem and when we talk about gods they will probably live forever anyway and be [damblock:20] impossible to kill.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:37:23 am »

wont you have in this way some mixed civilisations with different view of things than the original ones and with some inmortals in it's cityies?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:10 am »

Heeeheeeheee... you're sadly mistaken if you think invincibility comes at damblock:20. Maybe damblock:50000... But I'm sure a crossbow bolt could still penetrate.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »

Heeeheeeheee... you're sadly mistaken if you think invincibility comes at damblock:20. Maybe damblock:50000... But I'm sure a crossbow bolt could still penetrate.

To decrease (if not elemininate) the risk of crossbow-one-hit-kill's; remove lungs, heart and brain. Who was it that did on a golumn in a mod?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22:17 pm »

Thats not really a problem and when we talk about gods they will probably live forever anyway and be [damblock:20] impossible to kill.

worldgen battles seem to ignore damblock, as far as i can tell.  's why collossuses and other megabeasts die like gnats when kobolds use harsh language against them.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 03:36:02 pm »

Size seems to be the key factor in (semi)megabeasts surviving world gen. Set your gods to size 500 or so and they should survive.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Shadowkire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:11:43 am »

worldgen battles seem to ignore damblock, as far as i can tell.  's why collossuses and other megabeasts die like gnats when kobolds use harsh language against them.
Actually it does count damblock, its just that damblock:8 (the bronze colossus' standard) is about the protection of bronze plate armor. It has some effect but not much(20 is around the level of adamantine/steel)

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20:30 am »

I added a creature with damblock:99 once.  And speed of 50, flier, no breathe, no bleed...

Size: 3.  They were quite mortal, although difficult to kill.  What size would you use?
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 01:17:11 am »

hell, I have size 100, damblock 50 megabeast creatures still being killed off during world gen in my mod.

Of course, they have the unfortunate (or fortunate for the regular denizens like humans, elves, and dwarves) chance of running into Angels, who rape them with 90% with godly weapons/armor.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 02:24:20 am »

imagine editing the demons that rule goblins into gods and the goblins into angels - bamm instant religion!