Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 112976 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.5] {+raiders, enclave}
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:16 am »

I thought about limiting ammo to smelter only. It screws their caravans, but is ok in general. I'll test it more.

LOL @ Vault Swellers :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

te hee - swelling warm within the vault they be - comfort for them is the life ye see. It's a bit sexual sound - or it could be that they sit around inside a self contained vault swelling up in population or getting fat on a diet of hard drugs and mushroom stews like mine are...

If you do the smelter thing - for the Vault s..Dwellers - It would only effect their caravan, right?
As other entities would still trade and carry and fire ammo if it's put in their lists. I don't see vault dwellers trading as much compared to Human's or savages or even the BoS in my view of the Fallout Lore, - so maybe it would be good? Vault dwellers might only come with some vital seeds and stuff.

Perhaps the next version of DF will allow more options in regards to this - but that's all i got
my fortress is full of kitties

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2009, 10:26:38 am »

At first I thought to block VD caravans until a very late stage, but it limits minerals import... An yes, it will affect your entity only, but it will require further explanation for new players too, so I am not sure :). I guess I'll do it anyway.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [alpha 0.9]
« Reply #363 on: August 14, 2009, 06:21:29 am »

Also I'd be the most grateful for different ideas on heavily mutated species.
For now I did a minimum work to turn demons and megabeasts to mutants.
If you can provide some fallout-ish creatures for semi/megabeasts and random encounters it would be great and add more fun in shorter time.

as to this i dont know if anyone has said anything on the subject as to the fact that its four in the morning and i REALLY dont want to read 25 pages worth of material....

but have you incorperated slavers and Behemoths and Deathclaws(for DCs have both if you could as according to the first there Was that colony of intellegent DCs as well as the other.... brutes)

you have me thinking about all sorts of stuff, and while it may have been mentioned there are tons of weapons and armor in fallout three, like the Flamer(i think that was what it is... the fire sword that the vampire dude has and is a schematic) and supersledge, as well as the Auto-saw thingie in the Pitts expansion.

i could go look through my collectors edition books for weapons and creatures.... speaking of which... cant forget bloatflys, or rad scorps.... or giant ants......

and for water... thats the whole point of the third game... water is life... and there is the river around there so water isnt just fresh or salt.... but now that i think about it.... how else would water be bad in DF....nevermind...  :P

ill probly remember more crap as i sleep.... oh and you cant forget to give a nod to Harold and the tree somehow... he has been in all the games so far, so why not give him a nod somehow..... tho in three, he was pretty much screwed.......no matter the choice you gave him..... i like repopulating the world with trees myself....

if you have no clue who harold is, in two he was in that ghoul town, the guy with the tree in his head... i dont remember the first too well, and the third......if you dont know him in three, then you better go to Oasis.....

and dont forget dogmeat....

and if ive restated what others have already said... oh well... least a fallout freak like me tried to help....lol
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 14, 2009, 07:14:27 am »

I remember Harold, he was just a man who fell in a FEV and later got a tree growing in his head.
I think it was too fantasy-like, what they did with him in Fallout3, although it was funny :).

The problem with Harold and Dogmeat is that they're unique characters, and you can't make a single creature in DF (and I don't think that there could be a nation of tree-men either :D).

I have radscorpions, ants, deathclaws and other creatures from the Fallout 1 and 2, as well as mirelurks and fire ants from Fallout 3. If you can find something new it would be great.

Water was not a major problem in fallout 1 and 2 (at least a problem which was solved), there were water processors (you searched for a water chip in Fallout 1) and water caravans, also the main reason that it's not a problem in DF is that you can't apply any poisoning mechanic to it yet.

There're no "Behemots", but Giant Mutants are the same thing (which replace vanilla giants), I can rename them if you want it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:43 pm »

I have yet to touch this mod; I had though about it after putting down the controller for Fallout 3, but I figured no one would be too interested. How wrong I was. This is going to be something i'm going to have to play. Soon... oh yes, soon.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2009, 05:19:17 am »

how about the mantis?  and do you still include the normal animals? cause dogs and cats survived.... well actually im not so sure about cats, tho i thought i remember something from the first two going meow.... i think.....

then there were the geckos, and fire geckos....

and you cant forget the Yao Guai or Nuka-lurks... cause while they are mirelurks raised from nuka cola, they are cool.....and stronger that mires....

and i was wrong in my last post.... its called a shishkabob or however you would spell it.... flamer....what was i thinking with that?

well if you give me a list of animals/creatures/peoples you have then that would make offering you more a bit easier...

as for tree people as the offspring of harold... why the hell not? ive always thought there were too little civs in DF....

and the Behemoths are great to have, and you can rename the the giants if you want.

um.... mostly thats all the animals from the games that are out... tho there is mention in the Fallout wikis of a few other creatures that were going to be in the original Black Isle version of Fallout three... the one named after a us president... i never remember the name....Van buren

like the raccoon people called the S'Lanter who hated humans (well the religious ones did...)

so there is a another group for you....whether you make them a civ or a animal doesnt matter cause they sent out recon parties as well as had a town or two....

so my new suggestions are:

S'Lanter
Yao Guai
Geckos and Fire Geckos (FGs would make GREAT lava creatures)
Nuka-Lurks
Mantis's....manti whatever. mutant preying mantis....they were annoying
Wild Dogs
Wolves
and other assorted wild animals...tho i would limit them greatly due to the wasteland rads and such....

im not quite at the point to download this thing.... no space.... im literally at less than a kb of space left.... gotta get rid of some music....lol

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2009, 08:46:23 am »

well if you give me a list of animals/creatures/peoples you have then that would make offering you more a bit easier...
Look in the first post, most creatures are in the spoiler under the "Creatures" header.

how about the mantis?
included

cause dogs and cats survived....
included

geckos, and fire geckos
Silver and golden geckos, as well as fire geckos (dangerous!) are included too

Nuka-Lurks
Mirelurks and nukalurks are included

Wild Dogs
As I told.

Yao Guai
I have a "bearhound" creature which is basically the same. Yao Guai in Fallout 3 is a name for mutated bears.

I will dig the S'Lanter story, thanks for the tip :).
And thanks for your feedback.

P.S.
its called a shishkabob or however you would spell it.
Shishkebab. And it was a pretty stupid weapon for a post-apocalyptic game: there's no need to heat a blade with motorcycle fuel, and flaming torch like that won't be very effective :). I thought it was a developers' joke about fire swords in most games :D.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:49:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2009, 08:57:48 pm »

Why is the download a .exe?
I can't use those on my mac.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 15, 2009, 10:44:21 pm »

Oh sorry, I will give a zip archive to you then :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2009, 01:50:22 am »

make me feel stupid for not rereading the first post....lol

yeah the S'lanter were supposed to be in F1 but they were removed due to a few issues, much like the town of New glow,(a town like Gecko where harold was from but in the first one nw or ne of the glow,) and a few other easter egg quest objects... the slanter are sorta mentioned in the holodisk from Glow and if you can reach it its on the scientist at the bottom....

its called the FEV Experiment Disk. just for you.

and yao guai sounds so much more awesome than bearhound.... and arent bearhounds the dogs people bred to find/kill bears in the same way as foxhounds were used to find and kill foxes?

and not to sound all high and mighty but there were no such creature as silver geckos.... at least according to my reference site and my memory... its been two years since i played F1 and one since i played and gave up F2 due to a major bug (i pirated it and it was broken) and the fact that i read the walkthrough.

if there is anything that you need to look up, this is the most expansive(tho contradictory, due to the fact that its a wiki and is using info based off of the five or six fallout games including the canceled van buren, tho it warns what is canon or unconfirmed) site that ive found....

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

its what i base my knowledge off of when i am stumped by a reference in the game or i get bored and dont want to keep reading The Horse Whisperer.....which i was surprised is a good book....but i digress.... now to look at that list of yours...

Edit* i just looked at the list.... um.......you do realize that the spore plants are completly stationary right? sorta means that they cant move....

is it possible to create a stationary creature?

and when i saw you mention other creatures, does that include Glowing Ones? cause those are awesome?

and that list isnt exactly complete.... because you said and other creatures.... which means that its unlisted, therefore making the list incomplete....

i know, im probly bugging you with all my bullshit. but im an ass who is fanatically obsessed with the game.... after all, how many people can tell you the three sets of dates that were used for the dropping of the bombs? fallout one says two different dates, one of which fallout two says also, but three says another different date.

lol.... i need a life........

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:58:42 am by Manchild »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2009, 02:15:21 am »

and not to sound all high and mighty but there were no such creature as silver geckos.... at least according to my reference site and my memory... its been two years since i played F1 and one since i played and gave up F2 due to a major bug (i pirated it and it was broken) and the fact that i read the walkthrough.

"It's de silver ones y'wanna watch out for. Dey go through your leg like an old pipe stem."

Silver geckos were very much a part of Fallout 2. I'm playing it as we speak and looking at one right now.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:34 pm »

dang.... now i gotta go replay it.... stupid faulty memory of mine. though i did try looking for one in three different fallout beastiarys.....never did see one. but then again, they werent (obviously) complete.

i feel like an ass. lol :P

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2009, 01:18:03 am »

Just started using it. Havent played yet but here goes nothing.

Holy shit. When i first open it i already love it.
Only if you had oldies music throught hte whole thing!

So im setting up a fortress, theres a open magmapipe in front of me.
Well then...it turns summer and i get a massive zombie SEIGE. I hide away training, and making traps, and then they leave.

Then i keep on going. and get bigger. Then 2 supermutant ambushes.
lost just about everyone. Including me and me again. and then a even bigger zombie SEIGE, and i lost abotu 4 people due to thirst. (havent found river, any ideas?) I was eating and forgot to make beer.

Then a couple smashes of a bridge and shots of some magnums later, I killed about all of them including thier Land Leader.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:51:51 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2009, 12:39:19 pm »

This mod is awesome deon, good work XD
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33