Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 113015 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.5] {+raiders, enclave}
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2009, 07:35:27 pm »

In fallout the problem was radiation, not water. It's not Dune or Darksun, so I don't see your point. JR is right.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »

Does this mod have graphics?

Also, in Fallout water is rare. Clean water, that is. Water has radiation, so I guess you could say the problem is radiation.

But if you think about the vaults, water is a huge problem because they need their water chips.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2009, 07:48:36 pm »

Yeah, as I told a few pages ago, it would be great to make all water to be saltwater, but sadly there's no way to do it right now, :(

Yeah it has full graphics for all creatures, but if you don't like it, it's easy to fix.

I plan ammo rework for the new version. It's nice to have various ammo, and it makes customizing of weapons easier, but I think makes a lot of micromanagement, probably I will release 2 versions: with specific and with general ammo.

Also if you know a program which allows you to make installation which requests what do you want to install (kinda like those with checkboxes) it would be great. For now I use simple delphi or Smart Install Maker to create my installation exe files.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2009, 09:05:17 pm »

I plan ammo rework for the new version. It's nice to have various ammo, and it makes customizing of weapons easier, but I think makes a lot of micromanagement, probably I will release 2 versions: with specific and with general ammo.

so you want 1 ranged weapon 2 have 2 different sets of ammo?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2009, 10:02:27 pm »

Presumably you could have things like incendiary bullets?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2009, 02:48:16 am »

I've used 10 mm ammo for standard 10mm pistol and H&K SMG, 5mm rounds for minigun, .233 for hunting rifle, sniper rifle and .233 rifle etc. I've modded almost every weapon from Fallout 2, and difference in ammo gives them different damage values, so they do differ not by name only. However I've found while it's ok for small groups and roleplaying, it's hard to control in big fortress. Well, unless you make bone ammo (it's not possible to remove this option yet :)).

I plan to release a version with "pistol clips", "rifle ammo", "energy cells" and "minigun rounds" only for those who don't like to track the types of weapons their soldiers have. However it will make weapons to be almost the same, i.e. no difference between a revolver and a Desert Eagle pistol.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:51:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2009, 11:50:06 am »

I've used 10 mm ammo for standard 10mm pistol and H&K SMG, 5mm rounds for minigun, .233 for hunting rifle, sniper rifle and .233 rifle etc. I've modded almost every weapon from Fallout 2, and difference in ammo gives them different damage values, so they do differ not by name only. However I've found while it's ok for small groups and roleplaying, it's hard to control in big fortress. Well, unless you make bone ammo (it's not possible to remove this option yet :)).

I plan to release a version with "pistol clips", "rifle ammo", "energy cells" and "minigun rounds" only for those who don't like to track the types of weapons their soldiers have. However it will make weapons to be almost the same, i.e. no difference between a revolver and a Desert Eagle pistol.

OOH well that helps,because i usuly have to open the raw's to see what is what,and what skill it requires.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2009, 06:00:22 am »

Well, all skills are CROSSBOW here obviously :). And usually it's easy to determine ammo by weapon's name (it's in the brackets), however there's a table if you need it:

Gauss rifle: 2mm EC
Crossbow: bolts
10mm pistol, 10mm SMG, HKP90c: 10mm
Tommygun, M3A1 grease gun: .45c
Desert Eagle, .44 Magnum: .44c
.223 pistol, hunting rifle, bozar, sniper rifle: .223 fmj
Shotgun, H&K CAWS, Sawed off shotgun, Combat shotgun, Jackhammer: shotgun shells (12ga)
Red Ryder: BB ammo rounds
Laser Pistol, YK32 pulse pistol, Plasma pistol, Laser rifle, YK32 pulse rifle, Plasma rifle, Alien blaster: energy cells.
All miniguns: 5mm rounds
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2009, 06:31:05 pm »

lol,i just made a ammo that works for every gun,bad side is it does only 5 damage :(
Story of my life.

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2009, 11:05:57 am »

Awesome mod- probably the best and most complete/playable total conversion so far.
I turned off zombies civ entities (deleted their entity files) and added in alot of mods to them, notably a variation of "   [POPULATION_NUMBER:4000:40000]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:3000]      "

Which makes them roam about the map in huge numbers - in my last gen, i had 10,000 or so human variations, a few thousand ghouls, a few thousand mutants and literally.... roaming about the world.. according to the legends population file :
"   8371 giant wasps
   876307 rotten zombies
   118566 sponged zombies
   33300 fire geckos
   5882 giant black ants
   24518 silver geckos
   56572 venus mantraps
   17623 deathclaws
   38987 golden geckos
   21726 centaurs
   54309 floaters
   2735759 zombies   "

So this is cool - it's like having the post-war population roaming about the world as naked zombies ready to be popped in the head. With large groups, i don't know so far as i've only started this fort - perhaps i may get visiting zombie hordes in the hundreds... eep.
I can't wait to play adventure mode though....
my fortress is full of kitties

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:40 am »

oh - in regards to making custom ammo - this is something i've tried for my musket mod - and i've just made up now for ... um... 'testing purposes' while playing fallout fortress the first time... >;)

it makes up stacks of given ammo in such number. So..... for the first, that's a stack of 25 gauss ammo. But you could set that 25 to .... 90, or 300 even (it'd be heavy to carry though at 300)

This is cool though, cos the soldiers pick up the whole stack and put it in their quiver, and once its in their, unless they change guns, they're set for ammo for a while.

Add it to your 'reaction_craft.txt' file and regen if you've never used a cheat reaction before. But this could be used to make realistic ammo perhaps..

[REACTION:FREE_AMMO]
[NAME:gimmeammonow]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_2MMEC:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:150:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_5MM:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:90:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_10MM:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:30:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_44C:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:90:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_45C:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:90:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_223FMJ:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:50:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SHELL:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:80:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CELL:METAL:STEEL]

happy dakka....

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2009, 11:41:39 am »

If it had steel as REAGENT, it would be ok :).
About zombies: I may try to tweak free roaming ones to be more abundant. When I figure out how to make an "install with checkboxes", I will put all the options in a single installation .exe file with various install options.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2009, 01:26:44 am »

How do I play with the zombie add-on?
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:20 am »

You unpack it in the df fallout folder. Just in case, make sure that /raw/objects/ folder goes in an appropriate place.
If you have any specific questions, just ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2009, 08:28:38 am »

If it had steel as REAGENT, it would be ok :).

Yeh. It could be done pretty easily. You still need the ammo as an ammo entity if you want it to be shot AND used by enemies, though. So it can still be made normally and made at the smelter.
That's as far as i can mod df atm, though.

|MAYBE - a custom group of ingredients could be made ... a custom matgloss material which is highly prevalent on most maps which would be the explosive/gunpowder elements - and metal for tubing and maybe even lead for the point if you want to get realistic. Who know's for Cells what they're made of? And to make it so you can't craft bone stuff - make it so the Vault Sweller entity don't have any ammo in their list - while other races do - so the vault dwellers need to make shells properly (and get the bonus of bigger stacks) while other races will still get ammo in worldgen and still have it to trade/combat with.
My thoughts.

And as much as it was cool to have zombies with clothes/armor - huge ammounts of naked ones are really scary. I even put the [DAMBLOCK:#] to -2 and they're still everywhere (but you can shoot them dead easier - which is cool when they come at you in huge numbers)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33