Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 113009 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.3]
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2008, 10:26:30 am »

I've got 5 ('A' in america) today at my polymer physics exam so I'm going to take a nap for about 2 hours (really tired of this scientific shit) and to make a 1.4 version.
1) How do you feel about cannibals being added in?
2) I will move zombies to "addon", so usual mod will have none but you will be able to download and add them to the game if you wish. The early 1st attack is something hardcoded since they are not thieves nor babysnatchers now because I consider thieving zombies to be something stupid.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2008, 03:09:56 pm »

Proficient Mechanic and weapon smith showed em whose boss, got forges up and running by summer, corridor o'rippers up by mid summer.  Zombie problem solved, they are a bit hardcore though, but cowardly, I had 3 get their arms hacked off and then they all bolted.  Carns sound like a good addition.  Ambushers maybe? Or strange meat traders?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2008, 04:10:44 pm »

I want to add them as another babysnatcher/ambusher/sieger entity with funky weapons and armor like skull club, carcass armor etc. and with various tribal outfits.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2008, 04:55:21 pm »

Nice.  The zombies would probably be ok if you took away their weapons and armour.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:07:05 pm by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2008, 01:43:59 am »

I've got 5 ('A' in america) today at my polymer physics exam so I'm going to take a nap for about 2 hours (really tired of this scientific shit) and to make a 1.4 version.
2) I will move zombies to "addon", so usual mod will have none but you will be able to download and add them to the game if you wish. The early 1st attack is something hardcoded since they are not thieves nor babysnatchers now because I consider thieving zombies to be something stupid.
Gratz to the 5, if thats good since we don't have either A´s or 5´s here in Sweden.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2008, 05:53:35 am »

Make snatchers child slavers! Or has that happened? also, cannibals! Yay!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2008, 07:58:41 am »

Gratz to the 5, if thats good since we don't have either A´s or 5´s here in Sweden.
5 = excellent (scale is from 2 to 5 where 2 is worst; the 1 is used for a school "the worst ever" only, in uni 2 = omg p4ail, 3 = lazy as usual, 4 = good, 5 = excellent :)).

I don't want to add "slavers" nation, I think raiders and slavers are pretty same so it won't add a lot to the gameplay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2008, 09:10:36 am »

So far so good.

I used existant "wastlanders" graphics for cannibals and "dressed" wastlanders' graphics for townsfolk.

Also silly cannibals don't create shields, they make totems instead and believe that their magic can protect them (well it can, but with a VERY low chance; there're 3 types of totems for cannibals to use, they are made as shields with a very low block chance so they hold them in secondary hand and sometimes block with them).

A typical inventory of a good cannibal warrior:

They have skull clubs, jagged swords, sharp poles (spears), spiked hammers, bows, axes and broken blades (knives) for weapons and fanged masks, tribal outfits, spiked leggings and feathered bands and boots for armors. Also skull, blood and bone magic totems as shields.

Also zombies now don't use shield generators X_X.
There're 2 options for a shield for them: a broken door or a cracked police shield.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:18:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.4], zombies in a separate download
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2008, 09:49:00 am »

A tremendous multipost: 1.4 is out. Since I don't have a lot of time I will make small additions from time to time.
1.4 removes zombies (you can get them back if you install the addon from the 1st page) and adds cannibals' faction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2008, 11:34:47 am »

A tremendous multipost: 1.4 is out. Since I don't have a lot of time I will make small additions from time to time.
1.4 removes zombies (you can get them back if you install the addon from the 1st page) and adds cannibals' faction.
Do the cannibals seige you EVRY FUDGIN YEAR will upwards of 80 people? Can they take an entire clip to the skull and keep trying to tear out your bollocks?

ITS NOT THE SAME! I wove that plac but I can find ems no mores.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2008, 04:07:53 pm »

Cannibals are acting as standard goblins: trying to get your babies for them, trying to steal shiny magic things and for sure trying to kill and eat you :).

The things you described are in the zombie add-on.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2008, 08:08:28 pm »

Hm, I've genned about 8 worlds and haven't once had cannibals survive world gen.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2008, 01:31:41 am »

Strange, I've made just a single world and they were in. I must be lucky then. I will play with civ number/maxnumber/littersize when I have a time. Also IMHO BoS spread too much, I'll look into it too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TheDiabolix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.41], zombies in a separate download
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2008, 04:36:05 pm »

I got them twice but it only ended up crashing my game, eventually i set them to have the 'Play Now' option in adventurer and found they couldnt eat people.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.41], zombies in a separate download
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2008, 09:16:06 pm »

I want to play the mod without the graphics set, So i overwrote the .init with a regular init. The problem is that now it crashes occasionally.

How do I use original tileset correctly? i tired replacing instances of the new curses with the old 800x600 but everything i tried made nothing show up in game just sound.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33