Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 112973 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.3]
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2008, 05:57:07 am »

Things to consider in 1.3:
New creatures: bloatflies, giant wasps, mirelurks and NukaLurks, fire ants, coyotes, ghoul dogs, venus mantraps.
New entity: Brotherhood of steel.

Venus mantrap is a terrible plant which hides underground, spits web and firey spores.
Fire ants can be terrible sometimes too.

Brotherhood is pretty nice and balanced on Large maps (I haven't tested smaller maps). They form a tight cluster of bunkers, eradicating all life on their territory, and never expand further. They always survive the worldgen for me.

I tried to solve the "make multiple same bullets" issue.
There's not a lot of new items in, and shishkebab and deathclaw gauntlet are avaliable in smelter only as a joke and for those who wanted them. If you like this crafting of unique weapons idea I can expand it further, adding new components and stuff.

I haven't time at all to do it so say thanks and qickly find the bugs/things you don't like while I'm in mood to work on it :).

I hope you enjoy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2008, 08:32:15 am »

It lives!! I love this mod, gonna DL later today.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2008, 03:47:32 pm »

Nice! Now you can have the antidote for the toxic I injected into your brain. :D
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.2] (+music)
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2008, 12:59:51 am »

I like them wondering deserts. As you remember deathclaws lived freely with centaurs and floaters in wastelands and were the main threat (and the main source of experience xD) in Fallout 2 central deserts.

For those who wanted Shishkebab, I won't make it an entity weapon. However if you want one for your adventurer/legendary swordsman, there's one in the Smelter along with a Deathclaw Gauntlet (which requires a single deathclaw bone to be assembled).

Gah! I have exams, I have no time for it! Still you made me to make a 1.3 version. I'll publish it now.

I haven't actually got that far in F2. This mod made me want to acquire it and F1. Both are awesome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2008, 12:45:51 am »

Is it OK with the previous bugs I tried to fix?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2008, 10:29:23 am »

Ive played a few fortresses with the update and I keep getting seiged by armed zombies in my first autum/summer.  By winter I have 3 or 4 elite zombies and assorted hangers on coming at me.  Ive lost 4 fortresses tonite.  Definately the most challengeing mod ive ever played (works like neoadepts zombie mod but with armed zombies).  Is this intentional? im saving this version as a "hardcore" mode either way.  other than that everyting looks good, plants all seem to be working nicely, water wamingos, pig rats etc running about, havent lived long enough to see if the brotherhood are working but they were listed in the civs on embark so I guess they survived.   Im finding venus man trap webs all over the place (mountain biomes), havent seen the mantraps yet though, the bullet issue seems to be sorted, there might still be an issue with marksmen armed with Gauss rifles not picking up ammo but im not 100% on that (squad of markszombies came over the hill while I was trying to check), saw some giant wasps as well (graphics look great for them).  Get back to your study Deon, we need you at a low stress level.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 10:34:08 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:05 am »

I considered zombies as a minor threat, think of hardcore ghouls... I didn't want them to turn into such nasty opponents :). I mean, it was not supposed to be a zombie mod but it looks like I've succeeded in it without intention. Do you like it as it is or should it be fixed? By the way I meant supermutants as hard enemies at first.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2008, 01:34:47 pm »

I considered zombies as a minor threat, think of hardcore ghouls... I didn't want them to turn into such nasty opponents :). I mean, it was not supposed to be a zombie mod but it looks like I've succeeded in it without intention. Do you like it as it is or should it be fixed? By the way I meant supermutants as hard enemies at first.
Maybe make zombies less challenging? in fallout 3 Ive seen supermutants break them in half with no apparent effort.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2008, 02:22:17 pm »

That's what I ask: why are they such challenging?
The obvious reason is their immunity to organ damage which should stay in. Maybe I should make them much slower or something else?

There're no zombies in F3, just feral ghouls. In my version of Fallout zombies carry another virus (not FEV) which causes different mutations from ghouls'/supermutants' ones.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2008, 02:28:55 pm »

That's what I ask: why are they such challenging?
The obvious reason is their immunity to organ damage which should stay in. Maybe I should make them much slower or something else?

There're no zombies in F3, just feral ghouls. In my version of Fallout zombies carry another virus (not FEV) which causes different mutations from ghouls'/supermutants' ones.
Exactly-wait. Do we have glowing ones in this game? ADD THEM IN!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2008, 03:23:00 pm »

They are here, you can meet them in some caves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2008, 09:53:27 pm »

Maybe make zombies less challenging? in fallout 3 Ive seen supermutants break them in half with no apparent effort.

Eh, just make the superhumans bigger, with a bigger damageblock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2008, 09:58:49 pm »

Also I consider adding something like [DAMBLOCK:-4] to zombies since their flesh is extremely degraded.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2008, 10:36:44 pm »

My problem wasnt that the zombies were tough, they die ok with about 5 shots with wooden shotgun bullets, it was the fact that 30 turned up in my first summer (thats right, 4 months into the game).  In another game I had 50+ show up in my first winter, 20 with guns, the other 30 with chainsaws and cattle prods (watching an elite sawyer zombie hack up my vault dwellers with a chainsaw was funny).  I dont usually use weapon traps or drawbridges so I think it would be survivable but it would definately take a corridor of weapon trap death, my stone traps just didnt cut it.  The supermutants were great in earlyer versions, ive only seen theives so far in this version.  They stomp multiple haulers quite easily but go down eventually if they come under heavy fire, they are scary but not terrifying if you have a well armed military, maybe make them a tiny bit tougher but not too much.   I thought that the feral ghouls in fallout 3 were a bit of a dissapointment, the ghouls in 1 and 2 wernt arsekickers but they could hold there own for a while.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2008, 03:19:10 am »

Zombies with chainsaw? EPIC
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33