Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something funny  (Read 645 times)

McAndrews

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Something funny
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:55:57 pm »

I settled in a pretty nice place, but had a small problem.  Hundreds of carp in my river.  Around 130-140 on the entire map.  I wouldn't have a real problem with this, they challenge could be fun, after all losing is fun, but the horde of carp slowed my game down to a horrendous crawl.  So I edited the carp files, trying to kill them off.  At first I only succeeded at making them no longer have to live in water by removing their aquatic tag, thinking it would drown them.  No luck with that, and I soon had an army of carp advancing on my dwarfs from the river.  Then I tried adding a heatdam effect to them, to try to get them to take damage from a low temperature, boiling them alive.  No luck.  Then I tried changing their ignition point, and finally had success, the carp caught on fire under the water, and all that's left is a ton of carp corpses, and a river now 50% full of carp blood.  Very fun.  And my frame rate finally improved.  I love DF.  :D  Oh, and has anyone else tried turning animals into torches through editing?   

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Something funny
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:05:55 pm »

[HOMEOTHERM] tag - the tag most well known for causing creatures to spontaneously combust.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Something funny
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:20 pm »

Get rid of needed organs, like lungs/gills.

Fun times. Like the Nuclear Catsplosion! Or giving them no attack and a damblock of -10.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO