Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Conflictspirits, a good/evil mountain fortress.  (Read 1790 times)

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
Conflictspirits, a good/evil mountain fortress.
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:25:51 pm »

This will be a succession fortress in an area that features a haunted mountain, good-aligned hills. a cave river,bottemless pit and HFS. Here is the map:

Here are the dwarves:

If you want to play, just pm me or post in the thread. You can name a dwarf after you too.

List of players:

1.DwarfMan69
2.Jakeypoo
3.Dogman
4.Aadvark
5.Cephid
6.Zironic
7.Jackrabbit

EDIT: OH GOD MAGMA EVERYWHERE
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:12:26 pm by DwarfMan69 »

Jakeypoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conflictspirits, a good/evil mountain fortress.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:22:32 pm »

I'd like a dwarf, woodcutter is preferred, though a miner is acceptable. I'll also happily take a turn, early turns go by quickly.

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »

Sign me up. I want to get on in the ground floor of one of these things for once.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:34 am »

Put me up for a year. Weaponsmith, armorsmith would work if I get to choose, if not anything will do.

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:36:34 am »

Part of me is inclined to try.  The other part of me tells me that I would screw everything up.  But yet, I am still interested.  Best to just sign up and see what happens.

Granted, if my turn comes before next Tuesday, I may or may not be able to get my turn done, as I have a final exam on that day, and I need to study.

And, it sounds like you got one of those bottomless pits that was filled with magma.
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:26 am »

I'll do it. Just because I like to punish myself.

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 02:21:23 am »

i'll take the 7th year then

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:19:09 am »

maybe later. and i would love an axe dwarf! a peasant, descended from Hercules himself. taught never  to stop, never to surrender, taught that death on the battlefield is the greatest glory one can achieve in a lifetime. of course, these ideals can be superseded if thirsty, hungry, tiered or if he needs to rest that bruised left big toe.

Axe dwarf please.
I would love to try but i am rubbish and don't have the time

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 05:09:25 pm »

We doin' dis or wat?

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 06:28:48 pm »

Sorry it's taking so long to get the first save up, im swamped with work and don't have much time to update anything DF related.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 09:18:21 pm »

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith, leader of the 1051 expedition, 1st Granite

We've finally got to our designation today. Some sort of strange seismic event happened today as well. Lava was blown high into the air, shot straight out of an empty hole into the ground, of which goes down very far. I cannot even see the bottom. We are unharmed, but the land around the hole is shorched. I hope this does not happen again.

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith,23rd  Granite

We started digging out a “great hall and are bringing supplies indoors. Work is slow, as we parked the wagon in a stupid spot-halfway up the damned mountain! Whoever decided to do that will be executed. Once I don't need them anymore, which I plan to do with most of these useless dwarves, who barely even know how to follow commands.

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith,4th Felsite

All the magma is dried up, we have a proper cave set up, and the farms are being dug as I write this, as are the bedrooms. The future of this fortress looks secure, as I have not seen any horrible beasts on this mountain, which is rumored to be haunted. But rumors are for peasants, doubt there's anything worse than a mountain goat here.

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith,13rd  Hematite

It's summer, and we are still moving things from the damned wagon. This worries me, as goblin scouts roam these lands, and I don't want to get detected by them. Unallokum, The Blunt Spear has put much work into this project, and a swift death by goblins is not acceptable. If this place is lost, I will surely die of shame. (Or execution.)

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith, 15th Malachite

Finally, after 2 seasons, everything is moved inside, far away from sunlight. The bedrooms have been built, the farms are up and running, and soon this hole can be turned into a proper fortress. Someday, this place may become the capital of  Unallokum, and statues of me will adorn the roads of the world, and everybody shall praise my work! I am a hero! I am invincible! Nothing will stand in the way of  Mafol Rigothsakrith! I shall rule the world from this place!

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith, 2nd Galena

There's loose stone everywhere in the bedrooms! It's driving me crazy! I have to climb over them just to get in my bed. But then again, it's worth it-feather tree beds are amazing. The wood feels as soft as a cloud,(I LOVE CLOUDS♥ ) unlike those hard ashen beds everybody else sleeps on.

Log of Mafol Rigothsakrith, 14th Galena

Oh my god, unicorns! There so pretty! ♥ When I become queen of the world, I'm going to have a zoo. It will be soooo big! And it'l have unicorns, and bears, and elephants, and hippos, and frog demons (I just love their impressive bellies!♥ ) and all the critters in the world! And I'll throw in some elves, and goblins, and people, and dwarves, It'l have everything! It will be the greatest zoo in the world! Woohoo!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:32:32 pm »

Sorry I was afraid it went dead - I have had it happen before.

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:18 pm »

We've finally got to our designation today. Some sort of strange seismic event happened today as well. Lava was blown high into the air, shot straight out of an empty hole into the ground, of which goes down very far. I cannot even see the bottom. We are unharmed, but the land around the hole is shorched. I hope this does not happen again.

Heh, I know that is a bug in the current version, but.. it is just too damned cool.  Toady should find out what caused it, and implement it as some sort of "volcanic eruption" sort of feature.  Those magma pipes are too sedentary as it is.  I mean, the most dangerous thing that comes out of them are imps and magma men.  Not even the lava is all that deadly.
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

Jakeypoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 11:29:38 pm »

Heh, I know that is a bug in the current version, but.. it is just too damned cool.  Toady should find out what caused it, and implement it as some sort of "volcanic eruption" sort of feature.  Those magma pipes are too sedentary as it is.  I mean, the most dangerous thing that comes out of them are imps and magma men.  Not even the lava is all that deadly.
'
I don't know, I've lost quite a few brain-dead dwarves to lava flow, at least it saves on coffins.
Also, the imps are *quite* dangerous, I've to date lost 2 fortresses to them, well, their spontaneously exploding upon butchered fat. That sucks.