Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: /V/ Succession Game!  (Read 17400 times)

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: /V/ Succession Game!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »

quote:
 Frankly the place is a mystery to me. The location offers no defensive advantage to the empire, and the mountain range is fairly low on useful resources. I tried speaking with the previous foreman Koji about the direction the fortress is supposed to be taking. Instead of answering he dodged my questions by asking me to critique his artwork:

What's the matter with my square?

hahahahaahha

Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »

Ahh, my turn soon. Can't wait. =)

However, chances are I won't be able to play this weekend. I'm helping my mother move to her new house and I doubt I'll have time to sit around and play Dwarf Fortress. No problem since I've got a week's time to finish my year, but I just thought I'd let everyone know not to expect word from me this weekend.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

If anyone's checked in adventure mode, this fortress is actually on the opposite side of the continent from The Pale Frilly Sword. The Fancy Tower (our mountain range) is also INFESTED with dark fortresses, and the human town is only like 6 squares away.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

You guys may want to use this utility to store the "End-of-year" maps:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/

also sup /v/

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »

11th of Slate

Work continues on my new housing complex:

Outside the fort, things have actually managed to calm down. The constant harpy flocks have retreated for the time being. I only hope this isn't a sinister plan to trick us into lowering our defenses.

Work in the fort has begun slowing down noticeably. The lack of any alcohol is the obvious culprit. I cant blame these poor bastards. The more sober you get the more you realize the hopelessness of this doomed outpost. At least my personal stash is holding out for now.

I've begun work on a farming project for some plump helm. They should make excellent brewing stock.

Luckily a gigantic wave of immigrants showed up to help with the work.

Who knows what lies they were told to convince them to come here.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

3rd of Hematite

Summer is now upon us and still my farms have yet to begin growing. As of last count the fort contains 6 Metal-Smiths yet only one mechanic! And he inst even a very good one either! I just spent the past 7 hours personally supervising him attaching a “mechanism” to the floodgate, a procedure not entirely unlike shoving a round peg into a square hole. He assures me the “Mechanism” is extremely important to the operation of the floodgate, but his use of the little finger quotation marks make me skeptical.

Besides that, the influx of new blood has greatly strengthened production speed. My time here is being made only slightly more bearable by the promise of alcohol in my near future.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »

12th of Hematite

A group of entrepreneurial humans arrived today to trade. They're either brave or desperate to come out this far. According to them they hail from a land known as “The Roomy Slippery Confederation of Brains”, a name which I'm sure is much more dignified in human tongue.

I negotiated some of our mined crystals in exchange for the meat they brought.

As I was preparing to deal with that. One of our jewelers Tekked Alisedem screamed something about his masterpiece! He immediately burst into the crafting district and sealed himself into the jewelers shop. I desperately tried to coax his enthusiasm into a more useful direction, such as the bowers shop just next door. He responded with demands for more crystals.

Despite everything, I secretly hoped he would make something useful. Instead he created a rock forged from Aventurine and pure redundancy:

Everyone else seemed to be very impressed with it, so I congratulated him in front of the crowd on a job well done. I suppose encouraging ANY kind of work is good around here.

At least the farm is up and running

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »

27th of Hematite

A Miner has decided to remove himself from society and live in a small alcove near the river.

Honestly I'm jealous I didn't find the place first.

Later in the day one of our finest hunters (and one of our VERY few actual honest hard workers.) was struck down in a fight with two ogres.

If theres one thing I cant stand is when honest good people die and stupid idiots continue to live. I've Decided to lead a charge to kill the the last remaining ogre. I'm sure I can probably run faster then the rest of these morons, and I figure whether they win or lose I still win.

Luckily for them we win.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »

12th of Malachite

I've spent much of my time lately leading a group of dwarves on raids against the neighboring indigenous life. I've managed to make the outside a much more hospitable place for our workers, the harpies have now all but disappeared, and the blood lust I feel while slaughtering these foul creatures has done much to alleviate my stress migraine.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »

13th of Galena

Our Hermit friend decided to be a real jerk by stinking up the place with his bloated corpse. Luckily the river has washed most of the gunk away by now.

You might also notice in this drawing how the idiots down in the farming division have managed to screw up in record time. In preparing the fields for growing they decided it would be a great idea to pile all the stones right in the doorway.

Sure they left enough room to get inside, but what they failed to realize is the next time we irrigate the farms we'll flood the entire fort!

I've ordered the dwarves to clear the stones, but it seems they're going to take their sweet time.

In other news, I dare say the nearby towns should call me a hero for the amount of evil creatures I've slaughtered. The worst I see nowadays is the lonely warthog. My team and I have made the forest downright calm. I hope it lasts.

I've built a small barracks to house my soldiers. I've also grown tired of the public housing, and  decided to start work on a modest house to call my own.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »

14th of Limestone

Wonderful news! The dwarven caravan arrived just on time!

I've prepared a suitably scathing letter detailing the exact injustices that oaf MkGovinigan has caused me. Just wait until the home office hears about this, my only regret is I wont be able to see his  punishment carried out.

I could barely keep my attention on the caravan, I think I traded some rocks for some meat or something. I was practically giddy at the thought of getting my revenge.

Of course, the second I take my eyes off something is the second it starts going wrong.

HOW THE HELL did he manage to get his cart stuck INSIDE the fortress?!?!

It took nearly 8 hours to get the carts wheeled back through the entrance. The merchant has yet to give me a good reason for his acute stupidity attack.

This place must attract morons like a beacon.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »

18th of Sandstone

Our metal crafting still leaves much to be desired. My tactical assault response team (as i now prefer to call my army) will require more then crossbows and leather to fully protect the fort. I've begun an exploratory mining division to search the area past the river, and maybe even deeper, for coal and metals.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 06:40:00 pm »

14th of Timber

I KNEW IT! Those DAMN harpies weren't through yet!

A small raiding party managed to kill my only wardog just before being impaled by a thousand or so crossbow bolts. The last harpy was actually wrestled out of the air to the ground and strangled to death by a new recruit Ingish Olinokil.

That boys got leadership material written all over him.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »

1st of moonstone

Winter is barely upon us and the wildlife seems to be getting more desperate. A pack of giant lions killed one of our trappers. I once again declared full scale war and ventilated their corpses thoroughly.

Immediately after a second trapper was killed while trying to wrestle an ogre.

Silly Trapper. Leave it to the Pros.

I've also found a large chasm cutting through the mountain face. My instinct tells me the best mining will be past here, but the distance is to great to establish full scale operations just yet.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

6th of Opal

The fortress is sealed against the cold. I sit now in my house and contemplate my future. The letter will have arrived by now, and soon someone will be coming to relieve me of this place. As I write this, I look upon the walls at the engravings of my great conquests:

Soon this will all be in the past. I'll have my nice cushy job in Golden Fist, out of this stinking puss filled wound of a hole in the ground fort.

I suppose I should be glad for the experiences however. Never before have I been given the opportunity to channel my anger into such barbaric violence. While slaughtering ogres and harpies I feel more content then I have ever felt in my entire life. Seeing blood poring from the wounds of my enemies makes me lean my head back and roar with laughter. The squad thinks its hilarious, we all make a big joke out of it.

I wonder if they'll even need a standing army up there?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15