Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Museum.  (Read 711 times)

gamerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Museum.
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:51:58 am »

The museum.

I had an idea for a succession game that's a bit different the normal. Basically for your turn you make a piece of art, and not just a statue, something larger. instead of your turn lasting a year, it lasts until your project is done, and you pass it on to the next person.

As for art, I'd say just about anything large goes. Designs of places of the fort, like a fancy look bedroom section. Or something like a large mosaic piece. A fancy water fall, or a lava fall. you could also do a single room that is a really, awesome. And almost anything else you can think of that isn't listed below.

Not just a room that you had the walls engraved.
Not a really good statue or two in a room.
Not a little 2 z-level water fall near a river.

Basically, something that the dwarfs can't appreciate beyond the basic "oh statues" or "oh nice flooring".

If you think that this is a good idea, let me know. I've not done a succession game before, so advice is appreciated.

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:20:07 am »

it sounds like a really neat idea and if you are going to do it I'd like to join but you may want to have a time limit like 1.5 year or 4 days otherwise it would take really long

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:15:19 pm »

As much as I'd like to join, building a HUGE tower then spreading it so that it covers all of dwarfdom will take as much as ten in game years. However, it would be nice if someone took up the idea of 'Dwarfshade".

gamerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:21:46 pm »

Quote from: iluogo
it sounds like a really neat idea and if you are going to do it I'd like to join but you may want to have a time limit like 1.5 year or 4 days otherwise it would take really long

I guess we would need some limit, but I don't want to set it to 1 year and have someones project need a bit longer. I've seen in some other Succession games that you have a week to finish your year, maybe we could do something like that. you have 1 week when your turn starts to finish your project. That and a size limit, chaoticag.