Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: clotheless goblins question...  (Read 1253 times)

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
clotheless goblins question...
« on: August 03, 2008, 10:45:02 pm »

I edited the raws to strip goblins of all those irritating clothes and leather armor and such... so that hopefully they'd come wearing only chain or plate armor, which is at least tolerable to clean up as opposed to devoting the entire population to dumping narrow silk and leather crap for half a season. I then deleted the data file corresponding to the raw I edited (entity_default) just to be sure the raw changes got loaded.

Well an ambush just showed up, and was wearing items I know for certain I changed the raws to supposedly forbid the wearing of such... (I deleted lines for things like clothes, gloves, pants, etc.) so I'm wondering if I did it right.

Part of me thinks the ambush may have already been on the local map in the save I have, and therefore still have the stuff with them. However, I just want to be sure.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: clotheless goblins question...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:52:20 pm »

You have to generate a new world for the changes to take effect.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:03 am »

I thought making changes to existing entities didn't require a new worldgen.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:11:50 am »

Correct, you only have to generate a new world if you add or remove something, or edit the init file. However, it could be possible that the ambush was already on your map when you edited the game, causing them to not be affected by the edit.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:37:38 am »

Correct, you only have to generate a new world if you add or remove something, or edit the init file. However, it could be possible that the ambush was already on your map when you edited the game, causing them to not be affected by the edit.

Sounds very possible. I guess I just need to play through until some fresh goblins show up in order to see if the results work as intended.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 01:05:28 am »

Pretty sure that if you change any entity files, you need to regen the world as the entity files only determine the stats of the civs at the start of the game and they'll remain that way thereafter (just like how you can't trade elves meat even after you remove it from their entity raws). I'm not too sure, but that's my experience.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:42:26 am »

I wonder if removing the weaver and clothesmaker professions from goblins will deny them cloth and silk items? If it doesn't, it should.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:07:50 pm »

I wonder if removing the weaver and clothesmaker professions from goblins will deny them cloth and silk items? If it doesn't, it should.

By the same reasoning, kobolds don't have the weaponsmith profession, so they shouldn't have any copper weapons.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »

Kobolds are thieving - they could have stolen them. But I guess this is what should be in the future, specifically once the Caravan arc is here to track all the items.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India