Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game 2, Now accepting new deities!  (Read 26516 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game 2, Now accepting new deities!
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2008, 04:30:28 pm »

Is the turn ever going to end? I want some godly action in here ^^.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2008, 12:28:50 am »

Just curious, which Gods are currently available?

These are the ones I have found:
Nevon; Lava, curiosity and invention
Ta'zel; Metal, Construction, Tools
Aurora; Sun, Victory, Water
Mellanus; Curiosity, Knowledge, Compassion

I think the Lanlar might be interested in Mellanus or Aurora (hint to the players of those Gods).
Is it possible to worship a pantheon of gods? And what would the effect be of worshipping multiple instead of focusing on just one? Except making that one more powerful due to focus?

Awaiting the turn!

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2008, 01:41:09 am »

Just letting everyone know that i edited my diety especially you Draigh. I personally think she is way cooler now and just awesome.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2008, 05:18:31 am »

Thanks for the special update. But wouldnt that make the manifestation of your Goddess be useless?

And the Lanlar don't have much with victory, at least not at the moment.
So it would still be between Aurora and Mellanus. Although her Sun-dominion does give her an edge.   May the best one win their hearts. ;)

Anyway, this is why I asked about the pantheon. The Lanlar would probably have no trouble worshipping them both side by side. Although Nevon and Ta'zel wouldnt get much attention, at least not at the moment. :)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2008, 06:06:57 am »

Heh, I just noticed Mellanus and Nevon have a common sphere. That makes them some sort of "allies', no? Especially since knowledge and invention are tied with eachother.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2008, 07:54:58 am »

I wouldn't mind two gods. We'll sacrifice like theres no tomorrow if you just tell the right people :D

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2008, 09:44:54 am »

i edited my deity. I think she is just awesome.
Just curious, which Gods are currently available?
we really need to have some central post about deities where all this info can be easily accessed...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:58 am »

The Shrike were hungry. They were always hungry. As much as they hunted, hey could never get enough. They were too small and fragile for the deep oceans, and all who have ventured onto the shores have died. It is almost like there is something up there unseen killing everything. The freshwater has proven dangerous, but they Shrike would sense food. They could sense their ancestral prey.

A large hunting party gathered again, almost like a migration. Hunters from each school except for the lost Southern School, all heading East to see what they could do. Could they finally get a foothold on this new territory?

To the south the Southern School was still struggling, yet they survived. With the changing of the skies the waters became notably colder. It also got darker, good for the hunt. They didn't need their eyes when they could feel the movements inside their prey. But they needed better commutation to get it done effectively, so they spoke more. Their prey were spooked from the clicking of electricity, but could not run. Nobody was as well-adapted to using electricity as the Shrike.

Meanwhile, as the hunt on the East started, another gathering happened. The waters glowed with an eerie light that mimicked the skies. The Shrike circled this light they created, the older ones noting that there has never before been as great a show of energy as now. They also noted the Barbels on the sides of their mouths, where they could feel their electric powers pouring out. These were indeed strange times.
 The first Shrike to speak was traditionally a female with the strongest limb muscles. The fastest of them all. Her words were clicks of energy, messages only the Shrike could understand.
 "The Hunt. Now, East. We go, hunt good."
 Now was the traditional eldest fish who could still hunt rebuttal. This guy had strong body muscles, while his limb muscles were somewhat suffering. Many scars on his flesh betrayed his age.
 "What if hunt bad? We go bad hunt?"
 Now keep in mind generally they take turns through the traditional speakers, 'till eventually the Shrike are all allied with one or two. This was one of the few where it ended quickly. This time by the third speaker, the one with the strongest shock. His barbels were larger and longer than the others, large enough to move in the flow of the waters. His 'voice' was very loud, betraying his power. He could not do silent, he was a powerhouse in the hunt.
 "We go. Above would not stay."
 The elder did a laughing-like message here and spoke back.
 "Above? What Above?"

Now you must understand at this point that despite these being fish, the one with the large shock did something like a grin to the fish world. Did he know something was happening?

It was then a great pillar of light crashed down from the skies, a resounding sonic boom heard many miles away. It came and was gone in an instance, striking the shaft of lit water. All members of the gathering were incredibly disoriented. They got this feeling from being near too many Shrike shocking, known as Shock Sickness. Of course, none of them had ever felt something like this. It was as if some great Shrike just sent down a pillar of electricity, showing his might.
 Despite being the one most disoriented, the Good Shocker was the first to speak up through the now-dark meeting.
 "Now you see. Above. Master. Master of the Hunt!"

Alright, time for OOC stuff! I invest 3 into the Hunters Organ, because they always need to develop that. 3 more goes into language, as it is more needed to hunt. One goes into spirituality, just a basic idea that there is something up there. They don't know what, but Lightning is new new God. The last one goes into the limbs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2008, 11:04:02 pm »

...But wouldnt that make the manifestation of your Goddess be useless?

Uum how would that make her useless? they fly and the yworship the sun wouldn't it make her a more powerful diety? if you mean like physical manifestation she would control the light like awesome laser beam type stuff ;D and... yeah she can make the light solid and.... yeah
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 01:24:59 am »

I was referring to her manifestation in a previous post towards the Mii’Ari species. I really liked that post.

As for the laserbeams and other possible hostile stuff.. I think my Lanlar prefer to find a different solution. They prefer to subdue instead of kill. :)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2008, 03:07:51 am »

this is a bit obscure, but in the previous thread Mellanus had manifested to the Plantwe as a bird with no smell, but didn't convey his name or anything much. So now there is a small (but growing) sect of worshipers (described in my turn).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2008, 04:07:51 am »

@ Dwarmin
The Lanlar are not (yet) worshipping any specific Deity, as they have yet to experience one. (right?)
There is just the tendency for them to actually start worshipping Mellanus and Aurora. But I don't think they know either one of them. They just have that strong feeling there is/are higher powers and that the sun is one aspect of it. They are respectful of their surroundings and have their little rituals of respect for certain things (like when they start eating).

@ Deities
Go be special and win the souls of the Lanlar. ;)

@ a1s
I found the previous thread and have been reading through it. Interesting meeting there.
I wonder what they would think when they meet my species. Not going to happen soon, I guess.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Manifestation (Kadesh):

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2008, 08:46:11 pm »

Manifestation (Kadesh):

"This is Xerxes. Can you not feel the glory of the flesh? Do you not yearn to be free of the tyranny of the individual?"

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2008, 05:13:23 am »

"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism... cannot even conceive."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8