Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game 2, Now accepting new deities!  (Read 26518 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game 2
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:36 pm »

I will use my EP in the following way:
5 go into tactics (as a result of the worm hunting fiasco, plans of action are now developed before the operation).
2 go into tools (just randomly sprouting improvements)
3 go into weapons (turns out bone-tipped sharp sticks are much more sturdy)
2 go into religion (more on that later)
2 go into stealth and scouting (also described later)
the final 3 go into defense (This includes all sort of safety practices that help to get advanced warning and keep Saplings and Plansmalls  out of harms way. It does not include fortifications)
the pop numbers are out of date
yup. they haven't been updated since 14/08 (which was still during turn 4).

now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

The Plantwe are scared, first the monsters attack them and then the sun turns green decreasing the effectiveness of sun-feeding and, many believe that the end of the world is near. At this point a formerly small cult of the birdsmellNot begins to gain numbers by saying that this is in fact punishment for not listening to the their god and that it can all be fixed if they observe the rules (most of the rules are fake, as birdsmellNot, hasn't manifested in generations  ::)  however they do seem reasonable).

The more action oriented Plantwe decide to take revenge on the monstrous creatures that stole their brothers. They follow whatever trail was left by the Jhiar'd to their settlements and discover 2 things:
One is that the Jhiar'd are a numerous, highly intelligent insects, and have something remotely resembling a civilization. ans as such they would be hard to attack with the forces they had with them.
The other is that generations of hunting by pretending to be plants had taught them perfect stealth skills: anyone who hasn't already seen a Plant would hardly recognize some plant as a spy. A small group (4 branches or about 80 Plants) is left behind to observe from a distance as well a catch and transport a few specimens back home.

The Plants of U25 try to befriend their large animal neighbors further, so that they could give some to the other tribes.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2008, 03:22:41 pm »

I am also a deity!

This is my sheet!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this is my manifestation! (For Nonanonymous, and Dwarmin)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2008, 04:30:58 pm »

I am also a deity!

This is my sheet!

Goddammit, i need you as a god! Infact, both lava and construction would be handy. Cant win them all i guess :D

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 04:33:48 pm »

Reposting my turn to make some changes.  Also, maybe we should change the title to include a 'deities wanted' message?  Considering that the Kadesh and Shrike are being left out in the cold, and pantheons might make for some interesting gameplay, especially if deities with conflicting spheres came to the attention of the same race.

Now, on to the actual turn. [OOC:  A repost of the EP:  2 EP into weapons making, 2 into armoring.  These are frequently combined into a weapon that consists of a stone or blue and white mushroom wrist/forearm guard with a short stabbing implement strapped onto it.  This weapon is referred to as a 'Tenqgor,' and is cemented as the weapon of a true warrior, and almost considered mandatory for ritual combat.  The other 4 EP will be divided as:  1 EP electromanipulation, 1 EP tool making, and 2 EP into egg laying.]

Ti-uax was one of the many Blood Children of Loqoatl, and was specifically raised to take over the Xahutec Clan.  With time, Loqoatl had grown old, and stepped down from the ruling position with Ti-uax to ascend her.  And now, the Brightest Star had been replaced with a new, cool, soothing green object, quick to be regarded as a higher being.  However, despite their shared hue, it seemed to have a detrimental effect on the crops.  Even more odd than all of this, a rock has been arriving and retreating from the mountains towards the settlement.  This has caused much of a stir, and many are drawn near to it.  As the conventional Nahuantl religion only ever turned to the stars for guidance, Ti-uax worries that the base of her power could be disrupted, and makes the journey herself to confront the rock.  In such a time of strife, help from their fellow Nahuantl alone would not suffice.  Ti-uax requested that the Fangs and Claws make an effort to domesticate whatever animals they could to aid them in their defence.  In addition, she requested an  attempt to utilize the combustible plant combinations as best they could, be it as a weapon or whatever else they could manage.  Her military strategy was rather simple, entrench the positions that the Xahutec already controlled, and send warriors to do ritual combat with their neighbors Spirit Mothers, in order to prove themselves the superior Clan and gain control of their populaces.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game 2, Now accepting new deities!
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:49 am »

And now to add my diety to the list seeing as i cant have a creature

Name - Aurora

Major - Sun
Minor - Victory and Water

And for the Mii'Ari Lanlar

Hope you like the new diety Sean, feel free embrace/discriminate the religion, hopefully embrace ;D

So yeah made it completely different for Draigh and yeah seeing as it was my god that gave them sentient thought and mental powers hopefully you'll like her and worship ect...

EDIT - yeah completely changed my god around because i felt like it and i really like Draigh's new race of bird's it unique as no other one has thought of flight. and yeah it's awesome
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:38:30 pm by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 05:18:04 am »

I am also a deity!

This is my sheet!

Goddammit, i need you as a god! Infact, both lava and construction would be handy. Cant win them all i guess :D
Seeing as how you are... both kinda... THERE, if im not mistaken, I kinda thought that two gods competing over two races that are competing would make for some interesting happenstance...

Question for Dwarmin though...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 06:28:37 am »

well one would expect
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2008, 11:46:18 am »

Hey, so I guess this is still going on.  Anyways, I made a God in the last thread, and was accepted, so here's what I am.

Backstory purposefully exaggerated, of course.  Anyways, will make an actual RP post later.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2008, 04:06:15 pm »

Yeah thats about right A1s. But either side could choose expend more power points to try to force their will-it would essentialy be a contest of wills, with the God who wants to sacrfice more would win, or at least draw. Of course, depending on how points go into this fight, it could have wide ranging effects on both your followers and the world as a whole.
Edit:Points

Example:
Graknar, God of Water is trying to unfreeze the polar North so his race can send trading ships through. Rankrag, God of Ice doesnt want this at all! They each have 10 DP (Deity points), and both draw out all their points and cancel each other out, but in the process all the seas rise and boil, killing millions. And now the followers of both Gods are pretty much dedicated to killing each other-just as the followers power flows to the God, so does the Gods mood swings subtly affect his followers!

Gaining Points
I'm gonna say you make a half a power point per turn, per 10,000 followers. So if you have 50,000 followers you can get 2.5 points a turn, and save up to 5 points total. Sound good?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:20:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 05:46:28 pm »

Can we "save up" power points?

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2008, 06:05:44 pm »

To the max you could earn a turn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2008, 06:28:26 pm »

the absolute maximum? or the ammount you earned (so at the end of the turn you cannot have more points than you were given on that turn)?

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2008, 08:32:04 pm »

Where did everyone go?

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2008, 08:52:51 pm »

*shrugs*

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2008, 10:44:43 pm »

Which of the players haven't submitted their turns yet?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8