Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Tilesets?  (Read 746 times)

Nathiuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human Tilesets?
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »

Hello, I'm currently Using Mike Mayday's graphics set... And it's really nice, my only problem is, that I MUCH rather enjoy playing Humans rather than Dwarves.

I have set it up so I play as humans (using the [CIV_CONTROLABLE] method), however, it's starting to get a bit stale seeing the miner/mason/woodcutter/bonecrafter/farmer/anyone not in the military past recruit all looking the same.

Does anyone have an idea of who has produced a mod for humans/elves/goblins? And if not, how would I start out making a graphics pack?

Thank you very much!

Nathiuz

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Re: Human Tilesets?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:48:10 am »

Graphic sets are relatively easy to make.I take it you already have your standard human? open him up in paint and give him an axe, then a pick, then a spear, until you have covered all the jobs, its advisable to copy paste your first blank human then keep altering him and pasting him again. I also find it useful to make a 16x16 box in paint i know my tile should fit in. The background for your tiles must be black or that magenta colour. (make sure all the "tiles" ie individual creatures are 16x16 pixels, and the paint file is saved as a 24 bit .bmp image), then save is at HUMANS Then go into raw/graphics (go into example and paste your beautiful HUMANS.bmp) and copy the current tile set raws you have for dwarves (this saves you a lot of work typing out)
then put in
Code: [Select]
[TILE_PAGE:HUMANS]
[FILE:example/HUMAN.bmp]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:8:3]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:HUMAN]
[DEFAULT:HUMANS:0:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[---job name here---:HUMANS:--x coord--:--y coord---:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[---job name here---:HUMANS:--x coord--:--y coord---:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Put in the job names and coordinates for each job and set the page dimensions to whatever it is. Its ok to have black spaces. ok now boot up DF and see if it works. hooray.

Alternatively you could go into your existing graphics file (the one for your fancy tileset), and replace
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DWARF] with [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:HUMAN], then all your humans would use the dwarfs tiles. If you dont mind your humans looking a bit dwarfy that is

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:00:55 am »

The graphics set by veryinky appears to have slots for pretty much all the human jobs. Some look the same as others, so maybe they didn't all get their own art, but the ones with weapons are all distinct. You could modify the ones that look the same, of course.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nathiuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »

Thank you very much! Such an awesome community, I was near expecting to be flamed for asking such a thing. Haha. However, you all seem to have a good handle on the English language - a huge relief, especially on game forums.

EDIT: I'm using Enhanced DF V2

Cheers! And Happy Dwarf-ing!