Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SL's tileset/mod - a (more :P) enhanced user character set  (Read 10635 times)

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SL's tileset/mod - a (more :P) enhanced user character set
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:35 pm »

It's probably Modbase. It works for me, so I can only proofread the code to eliminate potential errors that cause the problems for other people.

You're probably right. I did try it with a plain DF v0.28.181.40c install with nothing but Modbase with SL's tileset mod in. When I went through the initial "new load" for Modbase, I went directly to uncheck the "Modbase test", then checked all the boxes under "SL's Tileset", and hit ACTIVATE. It worked as far as modding the raws, editing the init.txt, and putting SL_square_16x16.bmp in the art folder, but it didn't merge the tile files together. Quite annoying.

Anyway, I've decided to not use the "green/brown" trees or any other TILEMOD tiles, since they mess up the season change colors for trees. If I want to add them, I'll just use Paint.NET and a little copy and paste.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:48:22 pm by Havlock »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 04:25:59 pm »

Ha! Nailed it. Will release a slap-patch fix right away.
There were two problems - one with a miscalculated offset (it was looking for sl_tileset_16x1.png), and the other with the (no doubt) great png->bmp converter system I thought up. I placed checks for the various extensions everywhere except that one line that managed tilemods. Which is why my tilemods worked - I used bmp's and didn't think to test the double-underscore thing properly.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 02:04:40 pm »

And I can confim that SL's tilemod works correctly with Modbase 0.95y. All the TILEMOD based mod options did what they are supposted to do. Nice job Sean.

blaholdings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:18 pm »

DF Map Compressor is freaking out when attempting to compress maps when using your (SL) tileset mod.  Is this to be expected?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 12:02:30 pm »

It isn't to be expected, no (It didn't happen on the forts I've exported, at any rate, and it really shouldn't happen).

What are you seeing, and can you:
(a) make sure that it isn't DF exporting bizarre images, which would be a bug in DF, by checking the BMPs to see what they look like. If the bizarreness is in the BMPs, it's DF's fault.
(b) If the bizarreness isn't in the BMPs, it's the compressor's fault. Try turning off tile identification and let me know if that removes the bizarreness. If so I'll have some idea what the cause might be.
(c) Whether or not turning off tile ID fixes it, if the cause wasn't DF, please zip up your init file and the bmps that DF wrote out, and upload them somewhere so I can try to reproduce and fix it.

Note: At least one other person has reported that exported maps looked bizarre - the black space had other tiles showing in them: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3439-rampartsieges - but that was in the original BMPs exported by DF, it wasn't caused by the compressor.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:09 am »

Blaholdings' bug appears to be due to DF writing out squished BMPs for some reason. His BMPs have 13x16 tiles in them instead of 16x16. I'm guessing it's a DF bug, since his init settings look fine: windowedx 1600, windowedy 800, grid 100 by 50, black space on.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 [2]