Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III+  (Read 62719 times)

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods III+
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2008, 03:10:27 pm »

((nhiphanter, with your movement, it would take you 3/5 of a turn to cross the swamp to get to the hydra's body. The crocrolen have no way of moving something that big without cutting it up into manageable chunks - which they can do if you want it delivered to your ship quickly. If you want it whole, you have to figure out a way of moving it.

For the crocrolen to move it, it would take a turn to chop it up and carry the chunks to load your ship.

They will guide your men to the body if you want to move it yourself (that may give you a movement bonus in the swamp or not, up to you)

))

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »

Turn 7
Winter, year 1

The winter has come, freezing the northern world over, and bringing the wet season to the south.
In the north, heavy blizzard encompass many areas, accompanied by strong northeastern winds. Traveling by sea will be treacherous.
The south will enjoy its brief relief from the summers heat, while many forests become swamps teeming with life.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2008, 03:19:12 pm »

Settlements
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Groups

Adventurers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:24:19 pm by coelocanth »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2008, 04:15:46 pm »

Vol Sundar

Rekkor's group return and describe the factory they discovered.
Fukrim decides that is the best place for a permanent settlement.
The Crocrolen abandon Vol Sundar and set off to the north.

Tel Sarangis

Ten warriors, veterans of the hydra battle, set off across the savanna in the rainy season to find what happened to those left behind in the forest.

The Desert's Edge

The explorers reach the rainforest and decide to follow the edge west to map the extent of the desert. On their way, they will discover the huge ruin at 22,74 and the normal ruin at 21,76

((Depending on appearance, they may explore one or both ruins, or just note it on the map.
final position 21,76 if they stop to explore a ruin, otherwise 20,78))

Tel Tikal

80 Hunters leave to found Vol Sicata on the shores of Lake Sicata. There, they will enjoy delicious carp whenever they want to. The carp export business pays for tools from other settlements.

Tel Kendar

The bronze production is online.

Vol Santos

Engineering plans are made for terraforming the savanna tile at 21,94.
It looks like 800 crocrolen-turns of effort (if they produce food as well), so they start right away.
Progress: [65/800]

Tel Sirtis

10 explorers are sent to find the southern limit of the swamp.
A guide will lead the Akkadians north to the hydra's corpse.

Southern Swamp

The explorers reach the tip of the swamp by following the coastline.
(possible encounter - cave at 25,96 on their way)
Next turn they will follow the savanna side back.

┌─────────God View──────────────────┬─────────Western Civ View──────────┬─────────Eastern Civ View───────────┐
72      0        1        2        72      0        1        2        72      0        1        2         
≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈8≈≈≈≈♠♠♠6└┐♠♠♠♠&4♠♠♠♠~~~~│        8    ♠♠♠6        4        │        8        6        4         
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈&#└ ┐♠♠#~~~~~~~~│             #└ ┐                │                      #~       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠ └┐♠♠♠♠ ──┐~&~~~│             ♠♠♠♠ │                │                     ┐♠♠♠♠ ──┐      │
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈?♠♠ ?f~~~ ~~└─┐~~~│              ♠♠♠ │                │                     │f~~~ ~~└─┐~   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠ ♠♠~~&~ ~┌─Ç#──│              ♠♠ │                │                     │~~   ~┌─Ç#>Ç
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈¤&~~~~ ┌┘~~~~~│             ≈≈└                │                        ~~ ┌┘~~~   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈└┐ &I~~┌ ┘&~~~~~│           ≈≈≈└┐ ⌂                │                        ~┌ ┘~       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠└ ○▲▲▲⌂⌂ç~~~~~~~~│          ≈≈♠♠♠♠└ ○                │                     ▲⌂⌂○┘ ~~       
80                                 80                                 80                                 
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠f⌂ ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~¤¤~?~│          ≈≈♠♠♠f⌂ ⌂                │                     ▲▲⌂⌂~       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠♠♠┌○ ▲▲^▲⌂⌂$ ~~~~~~~~│         ≈≈♠♠♠♠┌○ ▲▲               │           ♠♠♠♠      ▲⌂⌂~       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠┌─┘⌂ ⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂F─ ┐~~~~~~&│         ≈≈♠♠┌─┘⌂ ⌂▲               │           ♠♠┌─┘⌂ ⌂▲ ▲⌂⌂F─ ┐~~~     
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈┌─┘%" ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠ └─┐~~~~~│      ≈≈ ≈┌─┘%"                  │          ┌─┘F" ⌂▲ ▲▲⌂⌠⌠ └─┐~~~~ 
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈┌ ──┘♠♠♠"" ⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠$└─F~~│     ≈≈┌ ──┘♠♠♠""                  │            ♠♠♠"" ⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠└─F~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"┌ ┘⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠ &⌠⌠⌠⌠└┐~│    ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"                   │             ♠♠"┌ ┘⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠└┐~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""f"⌠⌠F ⌠⌠$$≈≈│     ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""                   │                │ f"⌠⌠F ⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♠♠♠""""""$ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ≈≈ ♠♠♠"""                    │                  ""$ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈
88                                 88                                 88                                 
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈"""?"& ""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│       ≈ ≈""                      │                  ""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈     
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈¤""""""┌┘F&F ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│       ≈ ≈""                       │                  "┌┘F⌠⌠F ≈≈≈     
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈""""$"""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│         ""                       │                    "⌠⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""└ ┐│""$≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                     "⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""#"" ├┘""F≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂^│                                   │                     "F≈ ≈       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""" """"⌠⌠& ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠#│                                   │                     ""⌠⌠⌠ ≈≈       
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈"&"?" ""#"⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈┘│                                   │                     ""⌠ ⌠≈≈     
≈≈≈≈$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" &""""⌠⌠ $≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                                    │
96                                 96                                 96                                 
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈&"""" """""&⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                         ⌠ ⌠≈≈     
≈≈≈≈$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" "└─┐""⌠⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                           ⌠⌠≈     
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈""?" "¤"""⌠ ⌠&≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                           ⌠⌠≈≈     
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" ""≈≈≈""" ⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │                            ⌠⌠≈≈   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" """""" ""f≈≈≈≈│                                   │                             f≈   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈&"" "$""#"" """"≈≈≈≈│                                   │                             ""≈   
≈≈≈≈≈≈$≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """"""" """""≈≈≈│                                   │                                    │
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """""└─┐ """""≈≈≈│                                   │                                    │
104                                104                                104                                 
└───────────────────────────────────┴───────────────────────────────────┴────────────────────────────────────┘

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:30:31 pm by coelocanth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2008, 05:28:17 pm »

Halas:

Stukiodia:

Svarlbard:

Overal summary:

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2008, 12:35:42 am »

--------
Covads.
--------
Another uneventful turn.

-------
Anmod
-------
-------
Modan.
-------
---------
Summary.
---------
---------
End Map.
---------

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2008, 04:42:55 am »

The tribe

The tribe arrives at the obsidian tower and get filled in to the situation by Celsius. They still lack the proper donaria to make this place a true unsanctuary, but start preparing it.
The insides of the tower gets furnished with ice-furniture, which is easy to make given that there is a lake nearby. They also begin making the houses that are not ruined completely more liveable.

1 day before Celsius and Poltifars group will go out to have revenge on the city in the wastes:

Celsius was standing on top of the frozen lake, using her steel knife to carve a very large and very elaborate 12 pointed star, the dodecagram, into the ice of the lake. She spent a lot time and care into carving the right symbols, even a slight mistake could endanger her life and the life of everyone around her. It took a whole 3 hours to complete the circle.
She then proceeded to place the donaria. 12 animals that she had hunted in the recent days, each of them becoming victim to a different kind of trap or assault. Each cadaver was placed at one tip of the dodecagramm.
The most powerful donaria however, was placed in the middle of the circle, tied by ropes. A young Nacka-Rachti boy, not even 10 years old had fallen into Celsius traps. She knew that there would be no volunteers for such a job, and so she simply helped herself in the way Nagarach would have intended.
Wouldn't be a proper sacrifice anyway if it was killed with it's consent.

With an eerie voice, she began her chantings, and slowly the engraved circle in the ice began to glow.

Walking in a slow circle around the summoning place, Celsius stabber her spear into the corpses at the points of the star, and each immediatly vanished after being stabbed, leaving nothing behind but a pale white mist.
After wandering around the circle completely and having stabbed all 12 animal sacrifices. Celsius drew her bow and readied an arrow.

The chantings stoped, but the glow of the circle remained. The sound of an arrow cut through the air and pierced the boys throat. Making pathetic gargling noises the boy collapsed on the icy floor, his silvery blood spreading like a carpet of mercury.

Suddenly, a loud crack went through the ice, and from beneath the surface broke a Yash'natam, the steed of Nagarach.

Celsius immediatly used every bit of her will to subdue it. She had to take revenge, and her revenge would not be taken by her by a demon that refuses to obey.

After a few minutes that seemed like an eternity, the steed finaly stopped trashing around.

It's body was made completely out of ice, a horse skeleton of 3 meters shoulderheight. It had 6 pairs of legs, and a scorpion like tail.

Not allowing herself to feel nervous Celsius climbed on it's back, and the moment she was seated on the creatures saddle, ice engulfed her legs. She would be prisoner of this creature, until she either send the creature back or found her end on it's back...

Screams went through the camp as the Nacka-Rachti witnessed what Celsius had done. People were fleeing in terror, knowing fully well that if Celsius failed to controle the demon fully, it could rampage at any moment.

Leaving a trail of ice behind every step, the creature made it's way through the ruins to Poltifar's camp.

"Chaoswielder. The time for the attack on the southern city has come. You have 1 hour to prepare, then you and your group will follow me. Better make sure you can keep up with this mount.

Oh and, don't get to close to it, that would not be advisable..."

((Poltifar, I need you and Nahkh on IRC today))

-----------------------

Kasshyk's turn:

The scout group on the island was suprised by the winter and not properly prepared. They made their way back south to spent the winter on their ship.

The settlergroup made their way to the old ladies tower and start to build a settlement closeby.

The other scout group makes their way further up north.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2008, 05:01:33 am »

((No RP this turn, really, as the only thing to happen is that everybody goes to sleep (save the poor Implings at the outposts).))

Summary:

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:53 am »

Southern Iceberg
Winter - First week

Northern Iceberg
Winter - Second week
Winter - Fourth week

Iraxi Ruin
Winter - Fifth week

Ehn’gha / Odua
Winter - Sixth week

Known map :

≈≈≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈..
          ≈≈≈≈t
          ≈≈≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈
         ≈≈≈≈≈≈
    ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  ≈─┘≈≈≈≈≈≈T¤≈≈
  ⌂?╞≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  ⌂╞╞≈   ≈≈≈≈≈≈
   ♠≈     ≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈≈
          ≈≈≈≈
         ≈≈♠└┐
        ≈≈♠♠♠#
        ♠♠#♠♠♠
          ♠I♠♠
         ┐♠♠♠
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:47:02 am by Istrian »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2008, 01:35:10 pm »

At Apoikismos:

A Few Weeks Ago:

Doulos' Dream:

A Few Weeks After the Speech:

OOC: A bit of backstory to explain my first (horrible) race name ( would of been a bit of confusion if a caravan arrived before I got around to doing this). Please call them Arti-tokans now, to stop me going mad  ;D Also finally done the exploring, and just in time!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:14:20 pm by deadlycairn »
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2008, 09:32:17 am »

There's no arguing with the barrel of a gun

Turn 7: The Cathedral of the Damned

Status
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:00:54 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2008, 11:16:30 am »

The Gorge

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:17:51 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:54 pm »

Turn 7 of Akkadians, and still no rp because i just cant bring myself to it.
Anyway i hope i get enough inspiration and wits tomorrow to write the two pending writeups.

Here's the moves anyway.

summary:
The hydra parts are being fetched by the ship crew with wagons.
Bahad moves to the ruin Istrian found earlier.
The mining city of Jyeraz is founded by 20 Akkadians. Remove this number from Akkads pop btw.
an engineer group departs from Akkad to construct a caravan road between the iraxi and Akkad.
The magistrates are a little alarmed by the crocrolen explorers and send a group of 20 soldiers and 10 skeletons to construct a fortress along the southern river.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:07:21 pm by Nhiphanter »

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2008, 02:55:37 pm »

Code: [Select]
||Turn  -- -- - - ||      ||
||       \ /  | | ||      ||
||        v   - - ||      ||
====================     =======
================================

/\/\/\      aa    /\/\/\
,.,.|,|.|_,.,o==oh,aa|,|.|. Taiga forests, (57,16)

THWANG!

The sword flew away, sending up a few bits of dirt as it became lodged in the dirt.

"Shit!"

"I'm telling you, if you don't stop being an idiot with it, you'll just end up hurting yourself!"

"(sigh) alright, let's try that again."

He walks over, and pulls his sword out of the dirt.

They'd had hardly any time at all to practice as of late, but, at least there were some signs that the time they did spend was paying off, however few and far between those signs were. The other two sat bundled up, one shivering slightly above the snow covered landscape.

"Do me a favor... set me on fire!" "Now why should you have all the warmth?" They chuckled to one another. "Maybe if you two got off your arses and got to work practicing, you wouldn't be so cold!" "That's actually a good point." "Well?" "Alright!" They hopped off the wagon.

Meanwhile, back at Kavla Niti, most people when prompted about the new paper notes simply replied that they didn't need such a thing. Some though, who were short on carrying space, tried to use them to save on space. As time went on, this practice gradually became more common, after all, space and weight not wasted on gold can haul more goods. And, as expected, the more popular the notes got, the less these people bothered with the gold itself, those who used them commonly would seldom ever need to make transactions with gold! And the less they needed gold, the less they saw of it, the less they noticed how much was there or not.

_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_

________
][ ][ ][
========
Cities:

1) Kavla Niti (59,23)

Population: 301

Pop Cap: 765

Task: Making wagons, getting the economy 'settled'.

---------
aaaaaaaaa
---------
Groups:

1) Explorers (57,16)

Size: 4

Task: Moving to (56,11), training up a bit.

-----
||MAP||
 -----
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:07:32 pm by AlanL »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2008, 03:07:51 pm »

Turn 8
Late Winter

The darkest part of the winter has passed, and the world heads towards spring. Compared to the previous month, the rest is much easier. Hopefully the food supplies will last until spring.

In the south, the wet season is passing, and the plantlife is more vibrant than ever. Good harvest were collected this year, and trade is looking very lucrative.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22