Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III+  (Read 62724 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods III+
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:26 pm »

Turn 11.

Movement: 19:30

The good weather and the lively forest have ensured Mari an good traveling speed asd well as an good meal almost every day. He was somwaht near the next Ruins.

Turn 12:

Movement to X18:Y31

Rp gets updated
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:56:20 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2008, 10:51:42 pm »

Doulos:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apoikismos:

Mouseion:

OOC:

Apoikismos Map:

Tell me if anythings particularly overpowered (especially the camouflage), also, who do I talk to about setting up a mine to replenish my metal supply?
Almost forgot, can my civ symbol be a pair of crossed longswords? ( I have no artistic talent whatsoever)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:35:35 pm by deadlycairn »
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2008, 12:18:17 am »

Svarlbard:

Oor- Halok:

Svarlbard:

The Great Glade:

Impling messenger, Halas:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:27:53 am by Dwarfaholic »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2008, 08:27:33 am »

Only the good die young

Turn 12: The meaning of Duty (WARNING: its big. REAL big)

Status
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:43:43 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:49 am »

Turn 12

The training of the guard and soldiers was proceeding surprisingly well. The citizens were getting quite used to the foreigners by now. They were especially grateful for the Tower's help and Xanthis was becoming known as the Husk that Heals.
Work on restoration of the road network continued. Repaving the cleared paths proceeded very quickly. They would be done very soon.
As a part of the planned caravan route between the Empire and Akkad, a group of 20 migrated to the source of a river that, according to the Akkadians, leads straight into their capital city. The migrants cleared a whole new path on the way there. Some road workers followed behind to make it easier to travel.

│64                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠  ♠♠♠┌┘♠║♠ ⌂⌂¥│♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠  ┌──┘♠♠╚═ ══╣└┐♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠┌──  ┘¥♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠╚╗│♠♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈ ≈≈≈I└┐≈≈ ≈≈♠┌─┘♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠║└┐♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠⌂▲○─≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠≈ ≈≈♠║♠└─┐ y♠┌┘♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠╚¥├┐♠ ♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈⌂▲^▲⌂≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠└┐ ♠♠I╣♠♠♠└ ──┘♠♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈┘│♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ┌─○▲⌂≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠├ ┐♠♠I═I♠♠ ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠│♠└┐ ♠♠♠♠♠♠≈≈ ┘♠♠♠≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♠≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠♠│ └I═╩I╣♠♠ ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠~  ~~~♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠│♠♠└ ┐♠♠♠♠≈≈≈ ≈♠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│72                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠♠│ ♠└┐♠♠║♠♠ ♠♠♠♠~~~~  ~~~~~~♠♠ ♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠ └──┐≈≈≈≈ ≈♠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠F♠└ ┐♠│♠♠╚═I ♠~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~ ~♠♠♠♠│♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠ │♠└┐♠♠♠└ ──┐~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~ ~~♠♠♠└┐♠ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠ │♠♠│♠~~~ ~~└─┐~~~  ≈↑~~~~~~ ~~~♠♠♠└┐ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠ │♠♠│~~~~ ~┌─↑Ç───  ┐~~~~~~~ ~~~♠♠♠♠├ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈┐♠ └┐♠○~~~~ ┌┘~~↑~~~  └Ç≈≈~~~~ ~~~♠♠♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈♠└┐ ⌂f⌂I⌂~~┌ ┘~~~~~~≈  ≈≈≈≈~~~~ ~~~~♠♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠└ ○▲▲▲⌂Ç○┘ ~~~~~~~~  ~≈≈≈≈≈~~ ~~~~~♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│

(Trading post set up at river source at the desert's edge and a rough road is set up to link it to the existing network.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »

Turn 13  - beginning of autumn

The autumn starts this year with strong wind from the west. The hot summer caused big clouds to build up, and the occasional thunderstorm comes down on the northern continent.

notice:

This map is still lacking YOUR civ symbol. Please me PM me with a small icon, or at least an description of what you want for an icon, so that I can add you anc complete the map.

Next turn: Sunday, 9pm gmt

request by Nahkh: A request to all players:
Please keep an up-to-date list of your settlements and their significant structures (such as forges, walls, academies etc) and post it in spoiler tags in your posts. This is to allow the GMs to quickly see what a city has without waiting for the player to come online or going through all the posts. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:20:29 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2008, 05:32:36 pm »

((Its go time. :D))

Halas:

Stukiodia:

Svarlbard clearing:

Some days later in Halas:

((Need to talk on IRC for the plans that follow. Nahkh, dwarfaholic and Kashyyk are needed! And I too would have thought that a group of 80 would have killed more than 12 implings...))

((Akroma, just replace the most northen symbol for Hrun settlement with a small v, to represent the group of 11 Hrun running to the mountains.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:20:52 pm by Zako »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2008, 06:31:03 pm »

Settlements
Groups
Adventurers

((83 hrun and 4 wolf mounts slaughtered with only 12 implings killed, thought they'd have put up more of a fight...))

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:17 am »

((What can I say? Implings are the awesome
Also, they had a Protector, too.))

Apprentice & entourage:

- All ents, except those involved in the ambush, move to Oor- Halok to hibernate.
This includes Futh- Ra, who first moves west into the river, then moves one square north while in the river to lose any tracks, and then moves normally to Oor- Halok.
- The ents involved in the ambush move to (41, 26) and make a new, temporarial glade there.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:42:01 am by Dwarfaholic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:14 am »

Settlements:
Astmeban:
Smoothing: 270/400
Paving: 120/600

Kelash:
Stone fort: 93/200

Karrack:

Stockade: 49/100
stone fort: 0/200

Scouts:
Hrun Embassidors:
KNorth:
KWest:
KEast:
KSouth:
Tracker:

Significant structures:
[spoilerAstmeban: Stone fort (over entrance shaft), Partial road to Kelash.
Kelash:partial stone fort (over entrance shaft) flux, coal, iron and gold mines.
Karrack:Partial stockade 5 man boat.[/spoiler]
Civ map:
God Map:
I too agree that there ought to have been more ent casualties, especially as there were Daroth at Svarlbard. And Ton wasn't in Modan he died in the defence of Svalbard, along with two others.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:12:07 am by Kashyyk »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2008, 03:37:48 am »

((What is up with you people reserving posts when the turn just started ? Well whatever))

Of crows and squids:

≈≈≈
                          ≈≈¥≈≈
                         ≈♠♠┘♠≈
                        ≈♠♠┌♠♠♠≈
                       ≈│♠♠│♠♠♠♠┌≈
                       ≈│♠┌┘♠♠♠┌┘≈ 
                      ≈♠└┐│♠♠♠♠│♠♠≈
                      ≈♠♠└┤♠♠♠│♠♠♠≈
                    ≈≈♠♠♠♠└┐≈≈┘♠♠♠≈≈
                  ≈≈──┐♠♠♠╔╪¥▲≈≈≈♠♠♠♠≈
                 ≈≈♠♠♠└─┐♠○▲^⌂≈♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
                ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠├─○⌂⌂○┐♠♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
                ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠┌┘♠♠⌂⌂¥│♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
               ≈≈♠♠♠┌──┘♠♠╩═══╣└┐♠♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠┌──┘¥══♠♠♠♠♠♠╚╗│♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
     ≈≈I└┐≈≈≈≈♠┌─┘♠♠>♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠♠♠♠≈
    ≈≈♠♠└─┐♠♠┌┘♠♠♠♠♠♠♠   ♠♠♠♠♠¥├┐♠♠♠≈
    ♠♠I♠♠♠└──┘♠♠♠          ♠♠♠♠≈┘│♠♠♠♠≈
    ┐♠♠II♠♠♠♠♠              ♠♠♠│♠└┐♠♠♠♠♠♠≈
    └IyI♠♠                 ♠♠♠│♠♠└┐♠♠♠♠≈
      ┐♠♠♠♠                 ♠♠♠└┐♠♠└──┐≈
                             ♠♠♠♠│♠♠♠♠♠≈
                             ~♠♠♠└┐♠♠≈≈
                              ~♠♠♠└┐♠≈
                              ~♠♠♠♠├≈
                                ♠♠♠

Yozuka, the rice-farmer

List of significant structures in my cities, For Nahkh only:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:37:40 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:36 am »

Angartheris
Autumn - Second week

Seristis Tower
Autumn – Second week

Angartheris
Autumn - Fourth week

Seristis Tower – A chamber deep underground
Autumn – Fourth week

Seristis Tower - Outside
Autumn - Fifth week

Ehn'Gha / Odua
Autumn – Sixth week

Seristis Tower - Elchmistress' Office
Autumn - Sixth week

Status

Non-playing GM Eyes-only

Known Map
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:21:25 am by Istrian »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2008, 12:35:32 pm »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :(

Turn 13: Head Quarters

Status
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:05:14 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2008, 01:42:03 pm »

turn 13

Akkad, tower.

The hydra corpse had been finally hauled from Ac acasid to the capital, after a few preliminary preservation spells cast into the corpse in Ac acasid to prevent it from rotting any further. The most talented necromancers of the magistrates stood around the corpse somewhere in the tower dungeons.

The work began, and bandages and sewns were made, embalming fluids to harden the rotten skin into a natural armor, steel reinforcements added to teeths and claws, spells wowen to protect the body from harm and finally... the two orbs.
Some powerful lifedrain spells had been cast on the orbs, and they had been succesfully linked to the well of souls, effectively turning the energy into magic energy.
It was thus presumed, that the closer the orbs would be together, the more powerful the life drain ability of the zombie hydra, but also larger the risk that the whole thing would suddenly blow up in great release of energy...

Ac acasid, Jafar's tower

The light flickering in the windows of the nightly tower did not bode good, strange shadows were cast over the city. Some Akkadians stopped to watch for awhile, but soon got bored, for they trusted that whatever the grand vizier was planning, it didnt involve them.

Within the tower Jafar held Tain in his hands. The Tain was trembling, and the flickering of lights had ceased. There was an extremely tense expression on his face, as his eyes were locked on the trembling box.
This would be mayhaps the most important day of his life, for today the force to wrest the control of Akkad to himself would soon be in his hands.

Then the lid burst open, a veil of darkness spreading out of it like fog. Soon it began to form shapes, like humanoids. They had bent backs, manes of greasy droping hair, menacing claws and expressions that just told of great evil.

The binding... would begin.

Ehn'gha, embassy

The air was tense inside the embassy, for the moment Jafar wanted the binding to be done would be soon. Just then, the central rune of the circle flared with blue light. The binding would begin...

The mages moved to their positions beside the circle and began the summoning. The misplacer spell had been placed on the circle, and thus the Myrkridia wouldnt appear in the circle, but rather outside around the embassy. In a few moments, the summoning took effect, and darkness began to swirl out of the circle, materializing from nowhere. Soon it had drifted out, through the walls not caring about material touch.
The mages ran to the topside. For all the trouble, they wanted to see the carnage.

Ehn'gha, outside

The darkness swirling through the embassy walls was largely unnoticed to the Iraxian populace drifting around the streets. very fast the swirls began to concentrate into vaguely humainoid shapes around the streets, causing some confusion among the Iraxi.

Then, nightmares took form in the streets. The swirls suddenly took much, much more material forms, the Iraxi screamed wildly to get away from the beast as it throwed its head back and let out a growl that echoed off the buildings of the street, fractions of second later, 19 more growls joined it as the rest of the beasts materialized. In the general chaos, slaughter began.
The first myrkridia leapt onto the nearest Iraxi, burying its fangs into his head, shaking wildly and tearing it along with the long neck apart from the chitinous husk. Growling wildly the creature proceeded to throw the next victim with the head, stunning him and leaping next to the Iraxi. The beast proceeded to pound the chitinous shell of the Iraxian with series of gory slashes, claws digging into flesh and intestines. In a blink of an eye the ripped and teared Iraxi body was thrown aside and the next one of the panicking citizens attacked.

The slaughter and the screams of the Iraxi were well heard into the top of the pyramid the embassy was, where Khmer and Radataz were enjoying the view onto the streets. The stones were by now red with the blood of the Iraxi, dismembered tentacles twitching on ground and splinters of broken chitins buried into the soft flesh of the corpses. Blood and viscera colored the walls of the buildings as the Myrkridias broke through the doors with sheer force, slaughtering the civilians inside and dragging them to the streets. There were women and children, boys and men. All killed without mercy or pity.
The Myrkridia had divided into packs, each going to different directions of the district, though still slaughtering mercilessly everyone coming in their way.

Suddenly Radataz shouted and looked onto the direction of the palace. From the direction, several of the tower mages,that had so arrogantly interrupted messed their plans in the city, and a small host of Iraxi guardsmen were approaching. Before the mages came the warriors they had been told to be "Runeblades" approached. There were still 6 of the Myrkridias on this street, killing off the remainder of the Iraxis in here.
Two of the Myrkridia took note of the approaching group that obviously meant to fight them, and charged at them in very fast speed, growling deafeningly.
In a few seconds, the remaining four began to run towards them.

A fierce and short battle ensued, with the cold, calm runeblades hacking away at the Myrkridia, their battle prowess clearly showing. Two of the runeblades got some blunted backhand hits and tackles from the Myrkridia before killing them off, but one was seriously injured on hand as one of the beasts had tried to rip the arm off. Heavy bleeding was coming from below the hanging shreds of flesh of the arm, tendons badly cut. The Iraxi guardsmen, visibly shocked by the bloodbath and appearance of the bloodcovered beasts, had played little role in this first clash between the Myrkridia and them.
One of the tower mages had apparently practiced someform of necromancy as one of the dead Iraxi corpses rose from the ground. It was a gory sight. Most of its tentacles had been ripped off or ripped to shreds, its chitinous husk mostly smashed to pieces and only two thirds of the head remained, the brains looking like they would slide out anymoment.
The injured runeblade was apparently sent back to the tower, for with that arm he wouldnt be of much use.

Suddenly about Hundred Iraxi soldiers appeared from nowhere, and one of the tower mages seemingly ceased casting. Khmer coincided it could only be an illusion. Sadly, he did not have command over the Myrkridia. The mages and their host headed to west, but were clearly aiming for the embassy. Radataz was becoming uneasy. Somehow he felt... odd. He realized he was thinking about his past life. Shaking his head he dug out the control charm of the gargoyles and handed it over to Khmer. He knew better what do to in these situations.

Down in the street the Tower mages had met an another group of the Myrkridias, just finishing off the last of the Iraxi. As they saw the numbers of the Iraxian soldiers, they quickly turned their tail and began to ran away. One of the mages began to cast spells that seemed to turn the bones of some of the Iraxi bodies into arrows, though there wasnt much bones to go with. Only one of the bone arrows managed to hit a Myrkridia, though it got straight into the head, pushing through so hard that the point came through the temple. The beast fell immeadiatetly dead on the ground, its blood coloring the pavement with new darker hue of red.
At the sametime, the gargoyles around the embassy pyramid took into air and flew to the two necromancers atop the pyramid. The bone arrows twirling towards the two mages snapped into splinters as they met the shielding bodies of the animated statues. One of the arrows homever managed to slip past, burying itself straight into the heart of Radataz, making him to cough up blood for a few seconds and then falling down, dead. He slumped down the steps of the pyramid, leaving behind a trail of blood spatterings.

Down in the street the runeblades had reached the Myrkridias.
In the resulting bloodshedding, one of the Runeblades was injured on leg during a particularly fierce fight with one of the beasts, and 3 of the myrkridias were killed, their limbs chopped off by the professional strikes of the warriors.
Some way behind, 3 of the Iraxi guard were fleeing in terror. Probably set off by the limbs and bodies strewn across the streets.

Someway behind, the bodies of a few Myrkridia began to twitch, and slowly rose of the ground. At the top of the pyramid, the remaining mage was obviously casting a spell.
They began to make their way towards their enemies.
At the sametime, seven of the gargoyles suddenly began to charge towards the runeblades, seeking to crush them with the sheer mass behind their stony tackle from above.
One of the mages noticed this, as he was obviously trying to interrupt Khmers casting with somesort of mindwaves, and promptly send towards the charging gargoyles a force wave, pushing them back and breaking their charge. A melee ensued, with the Iraxi militia and the runeblades fighting against the hulking gargoyles. The mighty punches of the gargoyles killed three of the Iraxi militia, their chitinhusks smashed to splinters. One of the Runeblades was wounded badly on the back by the claws of one gargoyle, but it didnt matter as the Runeblade in question happened to be a zombie.
The gargoyles homever... were mostly smashed. Four of them were completely destroyed, only pebbles and parts remaining, and five destroyed beyond use.

Some of the Myrkridia were still alive, rampaging through the city, but by now heading towards the jungles. Three of them reached the leafy shadows.

Back at the embassy, Khmer could hear the tower mages coming. He was fleeing as fast as he could, down down down the floors of the pyramid interiors, eventually reaching the summoning circle. He ordered the remaining gargoyle that he had took for guard to stand at the doors to hold back the mages when they would eventually charge down.
He proceeded to send out summon calls to Ac acasid, into Jafars tower. His calls were not answered. Khmer screamed out in frustration and tears of fear were beginning form in his eyes as he desperately send out more summoning calls, the iron hand of fear twisting his innards so hardly he felt sick.
Suddenly, the prime rune flared. All weight lifted from his heart as Khmer let out a maniacal laugh and stepped into the circle, raising his hands and proceeding to chant the summoning rites, the prime rune pulsing and telling that the other end was working too.
Just as his last sights on the embassy were cast, the tower mages burst in, engaging in a fast fight with the remaining gargoyle.
Khmer laughed, and in a blink of an eye, only the circle remained, its runes flaring out.

So was the first battle of Akkads

casualties:
Iraxi:  Lost 82 civilians and 3 guards. 34 injured civilians.
Tower: None, only wounds.
Akkads: 17 Myrkridias, 10 gargoyles and 1 necromancer.

Overall, a great succession!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:53:42 pm by Nhiphanter »

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2008, 02:24:05 pm »

Turn 13

Ehn'gha

Dark times had befallen the Eternal Empire of Irax. The foreigners from the desert had treacherously summoned horrible beasts into the city. More than eighty dead, dozens more wounded. If it hadn't been for the assistance of the Tower, many more would have been lost. They also advised to cremate the bodies, as the Akkadians were identified as necromancers and the bodies might be raised as hostile soldiers. The mass cremation begun soon after.
For the first time since emerging from the vaults the Emperor felt weary. The loss of so many had been hard, but it was made worse by the fact that he did not know any reason for the attack. They had no outstanding resources apart from their knowledge. They were no threat, as the Akkadians lived in an environment especially deadly to the Iraxi, and they hadn't even attacked any specific targets. They simply attacked the populace for no apparent rhyme nor reason. It was purely barbaric slaughter.
The Akkadian merchants were promptly placed under arrest and held in another building. They would be questioned as to any reason for the attack and firmly reminded that many lives, including their own, depended on how well they co-operated.
The Tower had agreed to a trade. They would give enough steel to fully equip the growing army. Many Irax had volunteered to join, furious over the unprovoked attack and there was no real shortage of fighters. They would need training. Fortunately the Tower had agreed to have Inifius the Runeblade train some of them. Trained soldiers was a nearly nonexistent resource. In exchange they would send quite a lot of masons and glassmakers to one of the Tower's settlements.
It was doubtful if infantry alone would be enough to prevent further attacks. The construction below the palace was continuing, but a few problems had arisen. They required the touch of a mage. He would have to ask when would the trainee mages be allowed to visit. He would have to come up with a believable excuse. Gizash was not comfortable lying to their benefactors but the project would have to be kept secret as long as possible.

Also, as a precaution the planned trading post at the source of the river Yufrat was undergoing many changes. A defensive wall was set up around it, turning it into a fortress. It was partially set up over the river, with floodgates. Perhaps they could force the Akkadians into negotiations, although everyone had to expect the worst. These were violent, duplicitous people after all.

A ways to the west of the new fortress reportedly lay an ancient, large structure. A few scouts were dispatched to make preliminary reports. They would observe the temple to see if was still in use. If not, they would enter and map the place.

A few weeks later strange, winged people visited the northern docks. After a few problems with the language barrier they revealed themselves to be from the north-east, and were seeking a leader. They were pointed in the direction of central Ehn'gha, and the took off without further delay. The local fishers and boat makers seemed to take it in stride, as strange creatures from foreign lands had been visiting for a while now.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:00:58 am by Prometheus »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22