Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III+  (Read 62709 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods III+ (not reconstructed yet)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 02:55:09 am »

The Arrival of the Hrun:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first weeks:

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 07:28:50 am »

Click, Cli-Click! Thaemin, Started out of his slumber hand to his sword looking about warily. Then seeing everybody staring at him, he looked at the board.
"You could have told me the game had started!" he announced angrily.

===

Kaen swung his axe int another of the foul creatures chests, Cleaving it asunder. looking quickly around he saw that his ragged battalion was getting swamped by the enemy. To his left his father Rall smashed his hammer into another of the creatures' head, an unrecognisable mass. Creating some space Rall, bellowed:
"To the keep!"
Jorn, his tattered flag flapping feebly in the wind rushed to the gate the weary band following in his wake. In the confines of the corridors, the Daroth had a much better foothold on the enemy, but wave after wave of them slowly pushed the defenders back.
Finally, they were forced into the Hall, the walls stripped bare of anything that could be used as a weapon. With barely 50 soldiers left, they formed a circle, surrounding their possessions, ready to fight to the last. Sven, the compant chaplain stood in the centre of the circle, invoking the ancient power of their God Thaemin to their ade.
Dorin a young siege engineer, took a couple of bags from his pocket, opened them, and threw the contents into the air. Then, taking a match he put it on the floor.

===

As Thaemin sat back down, a low beaping sounded. He ignored it.

===

Sven, worried now chanted to the heavens with al his might, praying that some one would answer.

===

The beeping wouldn't stop, if anything, it got louder. So, Thaemin reached down drew aout a small metal obfect and brought it to his ear.

===

"It is I, your God. What is your will?"
Sve couldn't believe his ears, The great one was talking to him! with a trembling voce he aswered:
"Lord? We are beset by foul beings and if you do not help us, your chosen will be lost, for ever."
"So, you require my help do you? Well, your out of luck, I'm about to play a game soon, and it is almost my turn."
"What!? B-But we need you!"
There was no answer.

===

Thaemin put away the phone and smiled. It is time to bring my pieces to the board, he thought.

===

With a blinding flash, the whole world evaporated. Kael hit the cold, hard flags ano the floor, cursing. He thought he had told Dorin to set them on his command, but now look what had happened.
Kael then stopped. Flag stones didnt feel this rough. and there wern't any pebbles in the hall, he was sure of it. He opened his eyes. He couldn't remember seeing a light on the cieling, he didn't remember the cieling being blue, either.
Sven sat up, rubbing his eyes. His God had saved them after all! Kael stood up and looked at his surroundings. they were next to a cliff, part of a mountain to the north, with woods and rivers on the other sides.
"What should we do?" asked a younger Daroth, hardly out of his 30's?
"well, i want you 5 to go patrol that way, you 5 to go that way and you 5 that way," he said, pointing in turn, "and the rest of you," he grabbed a pick from the pile "start making a home here!" Throwing the tool with all his might into the cliff face, it stooped there, juddering.
"well what are you waiting for? move it!"

===

Thaemin smiled, his pieces were on the board.

===

a few weeks went by, and the Daroth outpost grew in size. Homes were dug, workshops erected, and the begginings of a farm were put into place. All was well.
Rall, listed the holdings of their new capita, Astmeban:

Total Daroth: 45
Daroth in Astmeban: 30
Current Civilians: 25
Military: 5
Occupations

Patrols
Eastways total: 5
Captain: Sall, Daughter of Keat.
Hammeroth: 2
axeroth: 2
Swordroth: 1
Westways total: 5
Captain: Kell, Son of Hent.
Axeroth: 2
Pikeroth: 1
Southways Total: 5
Captain: Ton, Son of Kent.
Axeroth: 2
Maceroth: 1

Brief Biographies:
Sall, daughter of Keat.
Kell, Son of Hent.
Ton, Son of Kent.

Task
Dig out an outpost:

Code: [Select]
▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂+⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂B+W⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂B+D⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂+⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂
♣O♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
♣|♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
♣|♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
Key:
W= Workshops
+ = Passage
B = Bedrooms
⌂⌂ = Mountain
▲ = High mountain
♣ = Woods
O,| = river

Map

(sorry I've not been here, My internet was down after a storm on Monday

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 08:09:19 am »

I'll post Dwarfaholics turn for him:

This is simply to speed things along. If you want cosmetic changes, let me know.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 08:13:39 am »

Turn 2: (As described by Armok)

Late spring year 1
The first 6 weeks has come to pass, and for the first time in 500 centuries civelisations flower as well as nature this spring. The winds from the east bring the message of the nearing summer, and for most times are good.
But whit the great influx of creatures come unbalance, mand many of the entering forms have been dark, some even demonic...

Current status:
Settlements, start of turn 2:
Location Name Population Pop Cap Race          Next Turn
34,19         Astmeban    34 230    Daroth 39
41,26         Great Glade 37 1110  Ent Impling         51
41,26         Great Glade 1 21      Ent Lord         1
41,26         Great Glade 8 375    Ent Material 9
41,26         Great Glade 4 168    Ent Protector 4
15,38    Tribe          69 300    Nacka Rachti 74
32,48         Camp         19 100    Renegade 19
19,59         Seristis tower 15 100    Mage         15
19,70         Ehn’gha / Odua 126 810    Iraxi          145
14,83         Vol Sundar  39 280    Crocrolen 50
28,84         Vol Tikal      52 340    Crocrolen 67
23,86         Tel Sarangis 145 630    Crocrolen 189
12,43         Huis Hoop    75 465    Ipetian        93
28,76         Akkad          126 600    Akkadian 151
58,22         Kavla Niti      102 740    Anqip         128
26,106 Flamekeep    118 630    Assedio 142
44,37         Halas          103 620    Hrun  119
45,38         Halas          4 310    Riding Wolf 5
Groups, start of turn 2:
Location    Leader Name Pop Race
27,19         Kell 5      Daroth
45,20         Sall 5 Daroth
36,23         Ton 5 Daroth
14,59         Jaleen 6 Mage
19,64         Elestric 3 Mage
15,85         Inkala 10 Crocrolen
26,72 none 10 Akkadian
27,79 none 10 Akkadian
31,72         Bahad 1 Akkadian
16,69 none 2 Iraxi
18,71 none 2 Iraxi
21,71 none 2 Iraxi
22,70 none 2 Iraxi
22,68 none 2 Iraxi

((I hope the columns are aligned.))
((Please start copying the posts of turn 2))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:34:12 am by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 08:39:42 am »

1st week. (1st of turn 2)

6 weeks had passed since the scouts were send to explore the world around them. More than enough, so one would seem. Having the images of the surrounding land etched into their memory as if drawn right into their bodies with tiny scalpels, the Crystaldragonflies turned back towards their tribe, to inform them of their findings.

Meanwhile, the tribe was flourishing. The local wildlife was more than easy to hunt, and as such the tribe was stocked up on all ends. Flesh, bone, sinew, leather, everything was in abundance, all needs satisfied. From now on, hunt was no longer a nessecity, it was simply a hobby. Countless of bodies, often still alive, but twitching due to the arrow that pierced their spine were sacrificed to Nagarach...

2nd week.
((as the dragonflies this time did not spend their time searching, but actually went straight, they return around now))

Celsius stood in front of her prey, next to her two Kharmanathi were drooling all over it. They wanted to bite, to gnaw, to devour this raw flesh, drowning themselves in it's guts, like small children that dive into their birthday cake with their whole head at once. But they were silent...they had not been given the allowance yet. The price was female deer, which was felled with a single arrow. The arrow had entered right through the right eye, and pierced the skull in such a perfect angle that it exited through the left. A truely marvelous shot, she thought to herself, as she pondered what to do with this. Sacrifice it again ?
No, this one had another destiny.

With her spear, she began carving a 7 pointed star, the heptagram, into the frozen dirt of the forest. Chanting words in the tounge of the netherhells, she slid a small dagger over her perfect skin, shedding a few drops of blood over the corpse.
For a moment, there was perfect silence. The forest was frozen in time, as not a single soul dared to make a sound. Like a lightning bolt, a piercing shriek cut through the silence. A cry so painful, no pure mind would be able to hold itself against it, only finding relief in the blessing of insanity. The deer had sprung back to live, squirming and convulsiing in cramps. Blood spewed out of the wounds in it's eyes, soon also through it's nose and mouth, drowning the shriek of pain. It's whole body seemed to inflate, as if a tumor was growing inside it. A claw from inside pierced it's hide, as a perfectly white paw, untouched by the blood of it's "mother" made it's way into the worldy sphere. Soon it was follwed by a head, a skull as cruel as any, with green glowing eyes and theeth that could crush stone made it's way through. It let out a bark like the strike of a hammer impacting the anvil, and the deer finaly burst open completely. All it's organs were completely gone, so were it's flesh and blood. Only the skin, ripped to shreds, and the bones, broken and cracked open, remained.
Within the 7 pointed star stood a hellhound as big as a a calf, it's perfectly white fur frozen smooth and shiny. Protruding from it's joints were sharp thorns made of horn. A behemot of pure killing intent.

It let out a growl towards Celsius that would have been enough to put a pack of elephants into flight. Without any hesitation she punished it with a kick to the skull, cracking it and letting it's jaw point away in a weird direction.

"Don't you ever growl at me like that, lower servant. I am your master, and your task is to do my bidding."

She grasped the neck of the demon, in grip like steel. With the other hand, she moved it's jaw back into a normal position.

"Heal that wound. If by tomorrow your jaw isn't strong enough to crush a stone, I will dismiss you as a failure."

With a look of humilation, the kharmanath joined it's 2 brother at Celsius side, just as a child came running from the direction of the forest.

"Lady Celsius, the dragonflies are returning !"

3rd week.

For the past few days, the dragonflies were busy carving a map into a block of ice. As anticipated, this new world was full of interesting features, but out of all of them, only 4 caught the tribes immediate interest.

Far to the south, the demonic scouts had spotted sentinent live. A tribe of centaurs, in a way primitive, but well organised. appearantly, they were busy constructing a new village.

One of the elders stroke his chin in thought, and raised his voice.
"It appears that they come from an expanding civilisation. As we spotted them nowhere else, they must be coming from the south, this new outpost being their northern border. How do you suggest we react to them ?"

"We don't. We leave them alone. I don#t want to get in trouble before knowing what exactly awaits us."

"But what about this ?"  Another elder poined at something a litte to the north of the outpost of the Ipetians.
"The gigantic ant-lion we spotted. A sacrifice of such dimension would deffinetly please our lord. It's still within reach of the eternal winter, though only at it's borders. It's probably still alive, seeing that it is buried into the ground, and has a huge body mass. If we act quickly we will not be spotted by these centaurs."

"I agree. This must be weighing easily 10 tons, and it's mandibles are a trophy that would please Nagarach a lot."

"I suggest we send 20 hunters. Killing it won't be the problem. But we need to pull it out of that pit. Give them enough rope and each of them a Kharmanath, they should manage."

One of the dragonflies raised it's clear, echoeing voice.

" I once again must stress you to travel to that black tower in the north east. I couldn't  help it but feel....at peace when I was around there. Surely there will be something to discover."

"This whole tower seems dangerous to me. I don't think we should send someone, they would be in high danger.", voiced another elder.

Celsius, who had been listening boredly, laying on her side was now standing up, sitting next to the circle of elders around the map.

"I will go. I will take 4 of the best hunters with me."

For a short, the elders considered this proposal, and finaly approved.

"Fine. But while you are at it. Also check out this ghost town south to it on your way back. One of the dragonflies was lost there. I really want to know what happened to that city. According to the other scouts, it was entirely undamaged, but completely deserted"

Week 4-5

Two parties leave the tribe. 20 hunters left southwards, towards the pit of the giant ant-lion. They soon reach it.

Celsius, together with 4 very skilled hunters left westwards. They use the short passage at which the one river is in reach of the artifact to cross the resulting bridge of ice.

Week 6

Celsius group travels further. The other hunter party acts depending on the outcome of the antlion-hunt

-------part2-----------
Like a gapping jaw, the sandtrap was opening in front of them. It could not be seen, but the Nacka-Rachti had seen giant ant lions in their homeworld before. Eventhough this trap was easily 3 times as big as what they were used to. Cruel laughter went through the lines of the hunters. This thing didn't know what was to come...

On their way through the woods, the Rachti had hunted down a deer, gutted it, and filled it's inside with bags full of their blood, as well as a hook that is tied to a thick rope. This monsrosity of a worm did not stand the blight of a chance. Tying one rope around a large tree next to the pit, they tossed the bait into the sandtrap, even pulling it up and down a bit, to simulate the movements of a living being. Then it vanished in the sand.

A silent cheer went through the ranks of the hunters, this damn thing took their bait without any hesitation. Now all they needed was to play the waiting game. And wait they did, but for hours, the creature didn't move. Getting impatient, the hunters decided to pull up the rope. On the hook there was a bitten in half carcasss. The cut was so clear and straigh as if it was nothing. The bloodbags were gone, together with the complete upper torso. This creature had deffinetly swallowed it.

Krishni, the leader of this hunting party crossed her arms and looked over the pits.

"So you big ugly think want something stronger, huh ? You think our blood is not strong enough for you, you inflated worm ? Fine, let's see to it that your next meal will be a lot more spicy.", she turned to her fellow hunters, pointing into the forest behind them. "Go get hunting. We need as many deer as you can get. Alive. You have 5 days. Meanwhile, we will set up our tents. looks like this might take a while."

5 days passed, and soon 10 young deer found themselves at the mercy of the hunting party.

"Now, lets give this little wormy down there an injection that it won't forget." With these words, Krishni signaled the hunters to begin.
With small stone knives, they began carving 10 heptagramms into 10 trees. The summoners then slashed their hands, and pushed their bleeding palms into the middle of the symbol, shouting out in the demonic language of their lords. A few minutes into the chanting, their voice broke off, and a blue mist started emerging from their mouths. As if to meet the mist, water started draining out of the wood, mummifying it. The result was ball of ice, totaly unspectacular to the eye. The Kharz'oreel, the spirit of the ice had possessed it. And there was much, much more potential in this block of ice than would meet the eye of a mortal.

These demonic lumbs of ice formed into a bulled like shape, and were then driven into the bodies of the deer, and then tossed into the pit.

"And don't choke, you filthy worm"

Once swallowed, the Khraz'oreelya drove large spikes of ice into the creatures throat, and started to drill themselves into the creatures rock hard body. It's physiology, remarkably abstract. Flesh as hard as obsidian, blood that was not blood but oil, what manner of creature was that ? Was it natural ? Did it even matter ?
No, no it did not, as the demonic screws finaly heard what they were searching for. the heart beat of this larvae. But it was strange. Coming from multiple directions. The demons oriented themselves....10...11....NO. 13 hearts ! If a demonic fog that enlivened a chunk of ice could smile, they would grin like a child in a bakery. So much to cut. So much to pierce...

----

3 hours have passed, and the creature deep inside the pit has kept up convulsing and trashing around, letting out shrieks of pure agony. But slowly, they were subsiding. The creature had no longer any force left to cry out.
Not hesitating, the hunter climbed down into the pits and swung ropes around the creatures pitch-black mandibles.
combining the strength of 20 hunters as wel as 20 hellhounds, they whole hunting party gave their all to pull out this abomination of a worm, but failed. They pulled and pulled, but in the end all they got was ripped ropes and cut open hands.

"Wellll...I suppose we can sacrifice it down there as well. doesn't make much of a difference"

Krishni swung a rope around her waist and descended into the pit, climbing right on top of the dead moloch. It#s skin was perfectly smooth, pitch-black, and hard as rock. But now, it did not longer matter...
The hunter pressed her hand against this pitch black surface, and cried out towards the sky.

"My lord, I humbly present you the fruit of the power you granted us. Please accept this as a offering to your greatness!"

In a flash, the creature was covered in ice. The offering was accepted.

---------------------------------------

From the shadows echoed a voice through the skull of the antlion. A voice, so cold that just it's sound would be enough wither flowers away.

"So your live is coming to an end, is it? Once a mighty hunter, trapping even the mightiest beasts in it's pit. And that eventhough you are nothing but an infant. Such a waste of potential. Go back to this world, go back as my eternal servant. Your name shall be Ya'yuram!"

----------------------------------------

Overflowing with confidence Krishni emerged from the pits. Without even looking back, she mumbled to herself.
"Impudent little worm. How dare you even resist us? There is no such thing as a contest between hunter an..and...it's"

She was never able to finish the sentence. Emerging from the pits, a pair of 7 meter long obsidian mandibles cut her right through.

The hunters started readying the arrows, as the spotted something on the creatures head. It couldn't be...
Embedded into the smooth surface of it's skull, the mark of nagarach...

-----------------

((the ant-lion is a demon of nagarachs domain now. It will be mostly Nahkh decision what it will do, however I have indirect influence on it))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 08:48:55 am »

Late Spring

Astmeban:

Kell, Son of Hent

Ton, son of Kent

Sall, Daughter of Keat
===
Summary:
Map
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:38:00 pm by Kashyyk »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crocrolen turn 2
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 09:09:44 am »

The World Below, south western desert

As the Akkadian caravan travelled southward in the desert, they spotted a plume of smoke in the southeastern sky.

Places Unknown

Inkala was in a wet tunnel, fighting with crocodiles. She leapt and slashed across the eyes with her blade, the crocodile snapped shut its teeth with a splash. The mouth opened wide and the teeth shone, bright steel in the blue light. Inkala dodged to the side, as the cold, steel teeth snapped shut; sealing the tunnel behind her. There was a soft giggle, turning to harsh laughter, and the sound of her own voice. The light snapped out, leaving darkness, fear and the sound of her heartbeat.

The World Below, Vol Tikal

Telkar examined the tray of samples from the glass furnace. The wood here did not burn hot enough, and yesterdays samples were not properly fused.  That at least had been solved with the charcoal mix. Pit number 3 had produced a pleasing green colour, and pit number 17 a pale amber. That was the best candidate for potash purification. He ordered 10 more sacks of sand from each of those pits and went over to check on the lye evaporator.
Gremic the glassblower took the samples to train her apprentices with.

The World Below - near Tel Sarangis

Sorin Keln was hungry, and she craved the taste of the new meat she had tasted for the first time a month ago. She slithered north from her cave, crushing trees under her vast bulk. Scanning the swamp with eighteen eyes, she sensed a group and charged, venom dripping from slavering jaws.

Halik was on her way to the sand pits, when she spotted a dark shape in the desert sands to the northwest.  She called a warning and hopped back to the settlement. Most of the crocrolen collected their weapons and retreated to the south shore, where they could blend, observe, and perhaps ambush. Halik, who had the best eyesight in the Vol, sheltered in a hut on the north shore, and scanned the desert with Gremic's spyglass.

The spyglass was made of two clear glass lenses glued into a leather tube. It gives a 5x magnification but with some distortion and colour fringing.

She counted 10 bipeds leading several large yellow animals each. The animals were tied together with ropes and had large cloth covered bundles lashed to their backs. The whole group were heading slowly towards Vol Tikal.

The group stopped some thirty leaps away from the Vol and erected cloth tents. The crocrolen could see clearly the strangers were looking and pointing at the Vol and discussing something.

The World Below - near Tel Sarangis

The hunters remembered Korkel's plan, and stood their ground.  Suppressing their natural instinct to hide, they readied blowpipes with darts coated in bokgogi toxin. As the Terror of Tel Sarangis charged them, they released a volley. The darts were sharp, but light, so they bounced off the hydra's tough hide. Seeing this, the hunters fled toward the city.

Sorin Keln siezed a hunter with snapping jaws, and wolfed it down. A tasty morsel but she still had eight hungry mouths to feed.  Charging onwards, she chased down the hopping prey. A rope snapped under her weight, and a heavy log swung down from its position in the trees. The third head was crushed and left hanging from the broken neck.

The hunters cheered as the Horror of the Swamp stopped its charge and roared with pain. But their cheer was cut off as Sorin Keln, enraged, lashed out wildly and grabbed four of the hunters. She thrashed her heads, ripping off limbs and sending the hunters flying into the swamp.

The remaining hunters fled toward the city again, chased down by the wounded hydra. Two more were snatched and eaten before they escaped behind the safety of the palisade.

Korkel saw the Terror of Tel Sarangis tearing up logs from the palisade with snapping heads and tossing them aside.  He leapt up to the watchtower and aimed the ballista. Concentrating hard, his foresight came into focus and he could sense where the thrashing heads would be in a few moments' time. He flipped the lever and released the tense torsion springs, sending the bronze tipped bolt slamming into the open mouth of the seventh head. Splinters of bone and flesh splattered from the back of the skull, and the head fell limp, with the bolt still impaled in it.

"Reload!" called Korkel Selan, and the engineers cranked up the spring for another shot.

Sorin Keln hurled a log into the side of a hut, and screams came from the craftsmen hiding within as they were crushed by the collapsing building. She was in pain, and rage, not caring about hunger any more she just wanted to destroy this place. She tossed another log aside, and the path was clear.

The hunters from the southeastern ambush site circled around the Tel, carrying the heavy net between them and trying to keep out of sight.

Korkel took aim again with the ballista, trying to track the movement of the charging hydra. It was getting too close too quickly! He released the lever, sending another destructive bolt to smash the fourth head.  Sorin Keln did not stop her charge, and smashed the watchtower into smithereens, snatching the falling engineers out of the air and devouring them. Korkel parried a snapping head with his spear, Hengist, and leapt away amongst the huts.

Three hands of hunters unleashed a volley of poisoned darts from the rooftops on the east side of Tel Sarangis.  They were ineffective, but did attract the attention of the Horror of the Swamp. Sorin Keln crashed through the huts, leaving a trail of destruction in her wake and snapping at anyone in her way.

The hunters leapt away to the east, drawing the Terror of Tel Sarangis to follow them. As the hydra was about to reach the ambush party, Korkel Selan called out "NOW!".  The four hunters leapt up from behind the huts, one carrying each corner of the heavy net. The net fell about the thrashing heads of the hydra, and entangled it.  The squirming necks started to tear at the ropes, but already ten hands led by Korkel Selan wielding Hengist Starforged were swarming over the hydra, stabbing with their spears.

Bodies flew into the air, some dead, some wounded - the bone and bronze spears would not penetrate deeply through the tough scales.  But Hengist Starforged was sharp, and thirsty. Rain began to fall, mixing with the sprays of blood as the artifact spear penetrated deeply into the body, again and again.

Sorin Keln breathed raggedly, flecks of her blood spraying from each mouth as her snapping grew weaker. The net lay in tatters on the ground now, but the crocrolen held onto every neck, stabbing and pulling her down. She called out to the dark gods that created her, and thrashed mightily, sending the crocrolen flying and reared upright, the rain washing the blood from her wounds in red rivers.

She roared with might and stared down on the lone warrior who still stood before her. Korkel Selan stood firm with a grim expression, Hengist held in both hands and braced against the ground. Holding this spear now, he felt stronger and faster than ever in his life. He leapt vertically as two of the heads crashed against each other in the spot he had just been standing, then came crashing down, impaling a head with the spear. Blood sprayed in a red geyser, and Hengist hummed with power as a crash of thunder echoed across the skies. Twisting the spear, he pulled it out of the limp head and leapt again. A head snapped at him in mid air, but he had already twisted his body in anticipation and Sorin Keln just got a mouthful of meteorite iron tearing through the fleshy cheeks. Leaping again off the wounded head, he crashed down and impaled the central body.

There was a huge flash of light and a loud explosion. Korkel Selan slammed against the rubble of a collapsed hut. As his vision cleared, he could see Sorin Keln, Horror of the Swamp, Terror of Tel Sarangis, lying still in the centre of the collapsed buildings. The falling rain was already washing away the black pool of steaming blood that surrounded the smoking body. Hengist Starforged stood upright in the corpse, its head impaling the hydra's heart, and the raindrops hissing as they landed on the still hot shaft.

The World Above - Games Room

Nerlor Starfallen coughed in polite embarrasment. "They won fair and square, just couldn't resist the personal touch at the end there"

As the sun set, Gremic, Telkar, and two of the strongest warriors approached the strangers, carrying samples of their glasswares.  They had hoped for trade, and here trade was on their doorstep. Although they had only samples to show, perhaps the strangers could leave an order and return later?

─────────God View───────────────────────────Civ View───────────────────────────No Special Places─────────┐
80      0        1        2        80      0        1        2        80      0        1        2        │
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈8≈≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂6⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂4~~~¤¤~?~│        8 ≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂6⌂   ▲⌂⌂4~       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈8≈≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂6⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂4~~~~~~~~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠♠♠▲▲^▲⌂⌂$ ~~~~~~~~│         ≈≈♠♠♠♠▲▲ ▲⌂⌂~       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠♠♠▲▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠⌂ ⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂¤~~~~~~&│         ≈≈♠♠⌂ ⌂▲ ▲⌂⌂¤~~~    ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠⌂ ⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈F" ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ç~~~~│      ≈≈ ≈F" ⌂▲  ▲⌂⌠⌠ ç~~~ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠♠" ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ~~~~~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──♠♠♠"" ⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠$F~~│     ≈≈──♠♠♠"" ⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠F~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──♠♠♠"" ⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠──~~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠ &⌠⌠⌠⌠~│    ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠~≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠ ⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠~│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""""⌠⌠F ⌠⌠$$≈≈│     ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""""⌠⌠F ⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""""⌠⌠⌠ ⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♠♠♠""""""$ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ≈≈ ♠♠♠"""   ""⌠⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♠♠♠""""""⌠⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
88                                 88                                 88                                 │
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈"""?"& ""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│       ≈ ≈""     ""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈     ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈"""""""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈¤""""""&¤ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│       ≈ ≈""      "⌠⌠¤ ≈≈      ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈"""""""⌠⌠⌠ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈""""$"""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│         ""    "⌠⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈""""""""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""""$≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                " f""⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""""⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""#"" f""⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂^│                " """⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈       ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""" ""⌠⌠⌠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂^│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""" """"⌠⌠& ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠#│                   "#""⌠⌠⌠ ≈≈      ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈"""""" """"⌠⌠⌠ ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠○│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈"&"?" ""#"⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│                     ""⌠ ⌠≈≈     ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" """"⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈┘│
≈≈≈≈$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" &""""⌠⌠ $≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" """"⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
96                                 96                                 96                                 │
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈&"""" """""&⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" """""⌠⌠ ⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" """⌠⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈""""" """⌠⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈""?" "¤"""⌠ ⌠&≈≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" "↑↑"""⌠ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" ""≈≈≈""" ⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" ""≈≈≈""" ⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" """""" ""$≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈"""" """""" ""⌠⌠≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈&"" "$""#"" """"≈≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """""" """"≈≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈$≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """"""" """""≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """"""" """""≈≈≈│
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """"""""""≈≈≈│                                   │≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈""" """"""""""≈≈≈│
104                                104                                104                                │
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:37:27 pm by coelocanth »

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 10:24:23 am »

Akkad.

*The harem of the upper tower. There's a table with a gameboard and some dancers that are... dancing. There are two men sitting on huge pillows. A warm breeze is blowing from outside, where it is day*

Jafar, The grand vizier of Akkad, coughed loudly and sneered on the gameboard as the sultan made his move.
"Checkmate, Oh grand sultan Suleyman. You see... when i move my cavalry like this... and the tower like this... You are defeated your highness"

Suleyman cast a critical look on the board. Finally he sighed and leaned back.

"Jafar... This playing of games, and you always seem to win, is becoming boring... Shouldn't we be steering the sultanate towards greater glory?"

Jafar lifted his eyebrow at the sultan. He was really good at lifting eyebrow. Everyone knew that he was the true ruler around here, steering the sultan in the right direction.

"Surely you know that we have very little information about our surroundings, Oh sun of desert?"

The sultan waved dismissively to the Jafar, sweeping his pieces from the board at the process.
Jafar bowed and gathered the pieces, dropping them to elaborate wooden box with golden handles.

At his leaving Jafar only had one thought: He needed to get rid of the sultan.

Meanwhile, at the tower depths

The summoning circle was pulsating with the flow of magic as the liches waved their hands over it, chanting somesort of spell.

slowly a twisted stoneform began to rise from the circle, revealing itself to be somesort of winged creature. In its wake, nine more rose from the circle, their footsteps thumping on the cave floor.
Then, they unfolded their stonewings and rose into air, defying all the laws of gravity.

"Gargoyles, we've noted our summons used in the north. The caravan needs help and reinforcing. Fly there and protect them."

At the streets of the city

There was a scuffle at one of the merchants stall as three of them were talking about their things in their midday nap.

"Have you heard? The people of the merchants guild are forming an union of ALL merchants in the city! You do know of course that previously only the wealthiest have been members..."

"Yeh, well i cant but wonder what they mean with that..."

Somewhere in the desert

Yusuf was examining the dirt under his finger nails, researching its movement on the bumpy camel ride. At one moment he was incredibly bored, and then he was full of action. There was a gigantic desert scorpion in front of the caravan. It hadnt seemed to notice them.

The caravan came to an immediate halt. The merchants went into huddle to think what they should do, and eventually decided to attack the thing, since avoiding it would be nigh impossible in the open desert.
The merchants picked up took their hunting bows and quivers, while Rahas, the one with the control talisman of the skeleton defenders of the caravan went about to raise the skeletons.

There were several bags on some camels that were actually full of human bones rather than merchandise. Rahas walked over to them quickly and fumbled with the small metallic circle inscribed with the words required to raise the skeletons and to put them down.
As he was incantating the sentence, he heard a shout from behind him, probably indicating that the scorpion had spotted them.
The bones rose from the sacks and quickly formed into human skeletons. Rahas commanded them to arm themselves from the weapons carried by the next camel and to attack the scorpion.

The giant scorpion charged towards the merchants, its target clearly the meaty camels.

"Alright, aim for the eyes! And DON'T get onto its way or it will rip you apart!"

The skeletons charged silently at the scorpion. The creatures clashed in a fraction of a second, the skeletons swarming over the scorpion hacking, slashing and stabbing it. Two of the skeletons got crushed by the gigantic pincers, but soon enough the scorpions head was full of arrows, its eyes pierced and it was far too enraged to attack coordinately. It charged through madly, reached the camels and slashed one with its tail and continued to cut two of them in half after that.

At that point the creature was so full of wounds and stab wounds that it simply collapsed onto the ground. It was promptly finished off.

The merchants looked around and sighed. The greatest harm in this would be the loss of goods and cathing the scared camels tumbling around in one big snake of camels.

Later time

At the desert, northern caravan
The merchants had traveled quite a bit northwards when they began to see shapes gliding through the sky towards them. This set them on alert, but soon they realised the flying creatures coming to them were gargoyles, and as such most certainly agents of the tower.

In few minutes, the gargoyles had reached them, one of them handing the merchants a message.

Signed, sealed and sent from the higher authority of the Sultanate of Akkad.

Northern merchant caravan, as per se of the decree of the merchants guild, must seek out any possible traderoutes to new civilizations.

To further this goal, we now order you to head straight to the northern jungle and to spy any possible traces of ancient civilizations. If some are found, you are to direct your travel to the possible heart of this cilization.

These gargoili are ordered to protect the caravan and do your bidding.

Yusuf put the note away and examined the other merchants. They were clearly uneasy.

"Well then Effendi's, we're given directions. We must thrust into that... jungle ahead"

The merchants gave a notable sigh. Jungles never bode good for camel caravans, with its numerous predators lurking in the trees and general dangerousness. At least they now had ten gargoyles at their disposal.

Southern caravan

They had traveled in the desert for... seven weeks now. The time had not been spent in boredness, since the two carpets they had brought with them had been taken into creative use. racing.
Even now two of the merchants were speeding low above ground hurling insults to each other, their target the large dune on the distance that covered the horizon.

The other merchants were shouting and betting at the head of the caravan while at the same time leading it forward. Hasan particularly keen on the bets. He had already won twenty gold coins to accompany his silvers and coppers.

As the carpets burst on the top of the dune, the faster one, Qatib, was already shouting in fervor of victory. As he cast his eyes ahead to see the next great dune to race for, he didnt see it.
His shout of victory quickly turned into a scream of surprise as he saw the river out in the distance, the greenish swamplands behind it disappearing in the faraway fog.
There was a smoke rising from somewhere of the river banks.

The merchants had soon decided to head for this peculiar column of smoke and the swamplands, for nearly always, such things could mean only one thing. Trade.

Few days later
The merchants had finally reached the river. The distance that seemed so short had actually been long, clearly over a hundred kilometers. Curse the beguiliness of clear days.

The column of smoke had stopped, but that didnt worry the merchants since they already had reached the river and could see the crudely build buildings on northern and southern sides of the river. Homever, the one large brick building with the chimney was wellbuilt and strong looking. It was evidently the place where the smoke had come from.
There wasnt a soul to be seen.

The talisman for the skeletal defenders was set ready by Qatib, and the magic carpets hid amongst the bonebags to defend their most valuable merchandise.
After these necessary steps of precaution they began to set up their tents in hopes of someone turning up at the spot, and also set up a stall with some of the less valuable trinkets on show.
By the stroke of bad luck, Qatib was set on the watch the merchandise and the camels which were let to the river to drink up and rest.

Finally as the dusk was setting in, Qatib noticed movement from some of the huts around the large building.
He stood up quickly and hurried to wake up the other merchants.

Nothing could have struck them with more surprise at the moment as they saw the comers. They were somesort of... Frogs.
Standing somewhat at the height of an Akkadian, they had long hindlegs, clearly capable of jumping great distances, and hands that ended in three fingers that had somesort of webbing between them.

Two of them carried spears and evidently were soldiers by their stiff looks. The two between were carrying somesort of plates, and on the plates there were glinting pieces of colored glass.

The creatures did somesort of formal greeting, followed by a group bow and salaam by the merchants.

"Greetings people of the swamps! We come from the distant city of Akkad, and represent the Sultanate of Akkad! In short, we are merchants."

One of the creatures spoke out.

"Greetings... Akkadians. Your manner certainly gives away you are merchants. So let us get to the tradings..."

The Akkadians bowed, quickly gathering an assortment of merchandise on the makeshift stall. There were weapons, foodstuffs, casks of strangely smelling spices, some Akkadian armor, rugs, and two expensive looking carpets.

Eyes were cast upon the creatures.

"Anything that interests you, Sah?"

Some appraising looks were cast upon the plates with glass, and some pieces discarded until several pieces of clear glass remained on the merchants hands.
The creatures browsed the stall with their frogeyes and finally pointed towards some of the weapons. Swords, spears, knives. They gestured towards the glass and looked on the merchants.

Some eyebrows were raised.

"Well, you can buy SOME weapons with glass... But not too much. There are a lot more you know... I might note you that we always accept technological curiosities and all sorts of books for merchandise"

One of the creatures produced a looking glass and handed it over to the merchants.

Qatib tried it on and was baffled for a moment how things seemed larger. He resolved something in this leather tube made them so. Nodding to the creatures he pushed the batch of weapons from the stall to the creatures.

"We accept this item as a good item of worth, we can buy this from you for 40 weapons including these on the stall"

"Homever, as we notice that you currently dont have much objects of merchandise present, we shall stay here forawhile. Bring forward interesting items and we'll exchange them to our merchandise, or you can always buy these things from us with... Gold."

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠  $♠♠┌┘♠♠♠ ⌂⌂♠│♠♠♠♠ ♠$♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠  ┌──┘♠♠♠♠ ♠⌂♠└┐♠$♠ ♠♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠┌──  ┘♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠│♠♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠?♠♠≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈ ≈≈≈♠└┐≈≈ ≈≈&┌─┘♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠¤¤$ ♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠⌂▲○─≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠?♠#≈ ≈≈♠♠♠/─┐ ♠♠┌┘♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠⌂¤├┐♠ ♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈?▲^▲?≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠└┐ ♠♠i♠♠ç♠└ ─&┘♠♠♠&♠  ♠♠♠$♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈┘│♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ┌─○▲⌂≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈#♠♠♠├ ┐♠♠I♠iç♠ ♠?♠#♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ $♠♠♠│♠└┐ ♠$♠♠♠♠≈≈ ┘♠$♠≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♠≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠?♠│ └i♠♠i♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠~  ~~~♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠│♠♠└ ┐♠♠♠♠≈≈≈ ≈?≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│72                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠♠│ ♠└┐♠♠♠♠& ♠♠♠♠~~~~  &~~~~~♠♠ ♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠ └──┐≈≈≈≈ ≈♠≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠&#♠└ ┐♠│♠♠#♠♠ ♠~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~ ~$♠♠♠│♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠ │$└┐♠♠♠~ ~~~~&~~~  ?~~~~&~~ ~~♠♠♠└┐♠ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠?♠♠ │?♠│?~~~ ~~~~~~~~  ¤↑~~~~~~ ~~$♠♠♠└┐ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠ │♠♠│~~&~ ~~~↑Ç#~~  ~~~~~~&~ ~~~♠♠$♠├ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈$♠≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈┐♠ └¤&○~~~~ ~~~~↑~~~  ~~≈≈~~~~ ~~~$♠♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈♠└┐ &○⌂⌂⌂~~~ ~&~~~~~≈  ≈≈≈≈~~~? ~~~~♠♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠└ ○▲▲▲⌂⌂○┐ ~~~~~~~~  ~≈≈≈≈≈~~ ~&~~$♠♠≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈│
│80                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂ ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌠ ~~~¤¤~?~  ~≈≈≈≈≈≈~ ~~~~$♠♠│ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠♠♠┌○ ▲▲^▲⌂⌂≈$ ~~~~~~~~  ~~≈≈≈≈≈≈ ~~~..$┌┘ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠♠┌─┘⌂ ⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂¤┴ ┐~~~~~~&  ~~≈≈≈≈≈. .~~..♠│♠ ♠≈≈¤♠♠≈≈ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠┌─┘♠F" ⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠ └─┐ç~~~~  ~≈≈≈≈≈.. ....♠┌┘♠ ♠≈≈♠⌂≈≈$ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈┌ ──┘♠♠♠"" ○⌂▲▲⌂○⌠⌠ ⌠$└─F┐~~  ~≈≈≈≈≈.. .....│♠$ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈♠ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♠│ ♠♠♠♠♠♠"f ┘⌂⌂▲⌂≈⌠⌠ &⌠⌠⌠⌠└┐~  ≈≈≈≈≈... .....│♠♠ ♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈┘ ♠♠♠♠♠""│ ""○⌂○⌠⌠F ⌠≈⌠⌠$$≈≈  ≈≈≈≈.... $...┌┘♠♠ ♠$≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♠♠♠""""│ ""│⌂⌠≈⌠$ ⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈.... ....│.♠♠ ♠♠≈≈$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:43:02 am by Nhiphanter »

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 12:34:55 pm »

A giant tree quickly grows and towers above all other trees. The dragon rises from a ruined city, followed by growth, joy and war. A forest, rotten to the core, filled with crawling maggots and fungus sprawling under every rock. A star falling on an island where the sun hides at night. The fall of a great empire breaches reality. Three immortal deer standing in front of a crumbling castle. A cloud of fire that burns a wolf of ice, gnawing on the world. A squid reading a book. A tree striking down a deer.

Seristis Tower - Diviner's quarters
Spring - Seventh week

Western expedition
Spring - Eighth week

Seristis Tower - Upper Library Wing
Spring - Seventh week

Southern expedition
Ninth week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Southern expedition
Spring - Eleventh week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Southern expedition
Spring - Last week

Western expedition
Spring - Ninth week

Seristis Tower
Spring - Tenth week
==============================

((The following spoiler here is just because Armok wanted me to write what is in it. It is mostly what is written in the first paragraph.))

((As for the map, both of my exploring parties reach the ruins where they were headed, and remain there until next turn. (22,69), (12,61)))

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 02:19:35 pm »

((Obviously, growth and building continue.  Scouts maintain vigilance over the boarders.))

Turn 2: Huis Hoop

Leef surveyed the village around him.  Most of the nests were built, and cooking areas were finished as well.  A small shrine to Fenneth had been built, and a palisade erected, with the help of Leef and Onschuld.  The watchtower at the center of town rose high above the trees, and was able to spot the scouting party at quite a distance.  “They’re back!” shouted Snel, who was on watch that morning.  “The scouts have returned.”

Leef met Onschuld near the middle of town, and together, they went to meet their friend.  Tod trotted into the camp with the scouts close on his tail.  The trio embraced, and, after some polite small talk, Leef got down to buisiness.  “So, find anything interesting?”

Tod smiled.  “You bet we did.  We’ve familiarized ourselves with everything in this forest for about week and a half’s travel from here.  I’ve got 15 scouts patrolling the area.  They should let us know if anything happens.  One of the scouts reported a very interesting feature north-east of here.  It was a giant sand pit.  Enormous, he said words fail him when describing it.  The weirdest thing about it, though, was that it was freezing.  I mean colder than the depth of winter freezing.  One moment, he was walking through normal woods, and suddenly, he was colder than he had ever been in his entire life.  He said it was like running into a wall; nearly went into shock.  Luckily, he didn’t, and managed to scout another mile into the area, and that’s where he discovered the sand pit.”

Leef thought about this for a moment, and commented, “We should probably stay away from there for now.  Maybe a patrol or two with winter coats every so often, but we’re trying to survive here, and rushing into possibly dangerous situations which you don’t understand is the best way to get yourself killed.”

Tod nodded.  “My thoughts exactly.  I’ve put Pijl on that task.  He’ll take a quick trip to the sand-pit and back each week.  We’ve left him with a couple of hides to make some warm clothes out of.  He’ll be all right.  There was also a dry river that runs west of here into the lake.  I think it might have something to do with that cold.”

Leef considered it, “You mean like the cold freezing over the river?  Hmmm, that may become a problem in the long run, but as for now, we’re here to survive, not to solve the mysteries of the universe.”

Tod shrugged, “Alright; there’s one other thing that we’ve found, and it’s actually close.  Shall we go for a run?”

Leef asked, “How far away is it?”

Tod answered, “It’s at the shore of the lake.  You know the Cliff?”

Leef replied, “The one that towers somewhere around three hundred meters above the water and runs for about 5 kilometers before it begins to slope down?  Yes, I’ve been there several times.  Its soothing to look across the lake far below, and amazing to wonder about the natural forces that carved it.”

“Good, there’s something you have to see for yourself.  Grab about a days worth of food, and follow me.”

The three friends, accompanied by a three others, moved out, and in less than an hour arrived at the edge of the Cliff.  Far down below, the water lapped at the base of the rock; the sound, however, failed to reach so high.  Tod pointed south to a rocky overlook far into the distance.  “That’s where I first spotted it.  You can’t tell from here since the cliff is so high, but from there you can see; well, here, I’ll show you.”  With that, he took out a seed and planted it in the dirt at the edge of the cliff.  Tod pressed his hands to the ground, and out sprung a sapling, which quickly grew into a huge wooden pillar.  Then, the wood unnaturally bent over, and, when it had reached the edge of the cliff, flattened itself to from a small platform with the pillar holding it up at the center. It looked like it could hold the six Ipetians with a little elbow-room to spare.  Tod moved back, breathing heavily.  “That was fairly difficult.  I’m going to need your help, guys.”

Onschuld, who was always a bit nervous around heights asked, “Are we seriously going down that thing?”

Tod grinned, “Yes, you’ll see when we get there.  Come on, let’s get started.”

Everyone hopped onto the platform, though Onschuld did so with great hesitation.  The three plainshapers placed their hands on the wooden pillar supporting them, and they began to descend.  The going was relatively slow, and for a full fifteen minutes, nothing was visible save the lake to their south and the cliff to their north.

Then, suddenly, the curtain of gray raised, and before them lay a hidden world.  It was a cavern; an enormous cavern, carpeted by green fields of grass and brush.  It looked to be over twenty meters in height, a kilometer in length, and went back until darkness prevented their sun-adjusted eyes from seeing.  The sight consumed all six of them, and no-one spoke for quite some time, even as they continued to descend to the ground.  Finally, Onschuld broke the silence with a whisper, “Amazing…”

Tod, too, was awestruck,  “Wow, from that bluff, I could only see there was a hole in the cliff.  I didn’t know…”  Birds flitted in and out of the bushes.  A spring burbled somewhere in the dark, giving life to a small stream which trickled down the cliff.  Since the cave, if it could be called a cave, faced south, it received some sunlight for most of the year, allowing the grasses and bushes to grow and thrive, without the demanding insistences of trees.  No animal had ever set foot here, save the birds of the sky.  These thoughts flashed through their minds, stunned by the beauty of their surroundings.

Leef, while overwhelmed, still remained some semblance of practicality.  “This place could contain a whole city.  Invisible from above, inaccessible from all directions, it would be hidden and safe.  We could even make small gardens near the cliff-side.”  With these words, the group reached firm ground. They all jumped off the impromptu elevator, thankful to have earth beneath their hoofs again.  They walked around, marveling at the intricate rock formations.  The cavern wasn’t that deep, only two hundred meters from cliff-side to the sloping back wall.  But it still seemed monstrous.

Once they were through with their tour, they all met back near the tree.  Leef asked, “Alright, anyone found anything interesting?” 

They all laughed.  Tod spoke up, “I did see a small hole in the back corner on the west side.  It looks like it goes into a cave system.”

“Great,” Leef said, “We’ll explore it once we have time.  What we need to do now is figure out an easy way of getting people to and from here.”

Tod looked over at their previous method of transportation.  “I doubt we could do that constantly, and it’s rather dangerous as it stands.”

Leef nodded, “Right, there would be a similar problem with any sort of pully system.  Eventually, a rope would give out, and we would all be in trouble.  I was thinking that we could carve out a ramp along the side of the cliff.”

Tod looked skeptical.  “That would take months, even years, to make.  The construction itself would be dangerous, there’s a very good chance someone would slip and fall.  Not to mention it would mean a lot of unnecessary travel.

Onschuld piped in.  “What if we expanded on what we have now?”  The others looked at him waiting for an explanation.  “I mean, what if we expanded the tree, and carved a staircase into it?”

Tod countered, “That’s impossible.  First off, a tree that big couldn’t survive.  It would soon rot away and we’d be left with a severe possibility of collapse.  Second, there wouldn’t be enough support.  Third, well, it would take a long time to make such a thing.”

Onschuld explained his plan, following Tod’s rebuttal.  “It’s simple.  The tree could be expanded all the way down to the lake.  There, we could make its root system huge, and it could get all the water it needs.  We could also add branches up and down the entire trunk, allowing it to have plenty of leaves to catch the sun’s rays.  As for support, we could make some branches into root systems that run through the rock face.  It would be hard, yes, and the roots wouldn’t get many nutrients, but it would allow the tree to anchor itself to the cliff face.  That reduces the possibility of collapse.  And we seem to have nothing on our hands but time for right now, a hundred years worth of it.  It would only take a few weeks.  What do you think?”

Leef stroked his chin in contemplation.  “I like it.  The Great Tree, entrance to the hidden city of the Ipetians.  It’s a long shot, but we can try.  Well, first, we have to get back to the top.”

Tod interrupted, “No need.  I thought we might stay a while down here, so I asked if we didn’t show up tonight for them to send out your homing pigeon, Leef.  We’ll just send a message, telling them our plans.  They help from the top and we from the bottom.  Between our ten plainshapers, we can hope this will work.”

Leef smiled, “Yes, we can always hope.”
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:46:11 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 06:08:00 pm »

/     - -  \
--===|Turn | |  |===--
     \     - -  /

8 ||          ________
 *||        _/        \
. ||       /   
* ||    ===============
-=+++++++++++++++++++++ -The Game Room-

Rolitokovo pulls out a piece of paper, and starts scribbling down a map of the continent the Anqip have landed on. They’ll still need to rebuild this turn, but next, perhaps those 3 caves up north are due to have a party sent out to them? Well, his people would have to know where the caves are first!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile,

(*)
         _ _
 |T a a || ||aa        ==
,====,,.=====..,===,.,===0,.,,,. The remains of Kavla Niti (59,23)

---------------------------------
|| 2 Weeks pass on the surface ||

___n___n___n__n___n___n___/___/___/---\___\___\___n___n___n___n___n___n___

|| 4 Weeks pass on the surface ||
During this time...

^^\\0\\.aa.Ho=o.,,,.,//^^^

---------------------------------------------------

Just arriving south at the same time...

(*)

/\/\       /\ /\/\
 | |,.,.a.a|**|S|*   A group of 2 observe the spiders...

-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->-->
<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--<--

(*)
         _____
  ==    /---__|       ______  __
 0=== a |===|||  aa    |a_-|  ||a|
.,.,...,=======.+++++.,.,,.,..====, Kavla Niti, the end of the 6 weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cities
________
][ ][ ][
========

1) Kavla Niti (59,23)

Population: 100

Pop Cap: 765

Task: Organizing infrastructure and new events.

Groups
---------
aaaaaaaaa
---------

1) The Explorers (59,27)

Size: 2

Task: Analyzing the local man-eating spider population.

-----
||MAP||
 -----
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:10:04 pm by AlanL »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 08:44:20 pm »

There was hammering happening in the Hrun village of Halas, followed by a loud creaking and groaning, followed by a large cheer. This was because the Hrun had built a gate, a monster of a gate, higher than the wooden wall that surrounded the camp by a meter or two. It was studded with iron from melted down scrap armor and was in the form of two inward swinging wooden doors attached to the palisade by 4 strange hinges, two on each side. These hinges were of parculiar design, and because of their structure, could hold at least 10 sets of these gigantic doors each. It was an experimental design, thought up by one of the smiths in what was later described by others, while chuckling, as a fit of inspiration.

Erak was very happy in the first week of late spring, they had just made some great doors, at least 30 cm thick each, to protect their weak point in the camp. The great hall was 3/4 done because he put pressure on building the stone guard towers first. These were 1/2 done each, standing at strategic points that were decided by him. He planned to make the defences mroe formidable later, but this would do for now, and he made sure to keep the dedicated soldiers sparring with each other daily, to keep in shape he said to them, but they recognised that he meant it as a need that had to be done.

Nonetheless, they sparred willingly, keeping in shape and refreshing their memory of combat manovers at the same time. These manovers, when used correctly, could mean the difference between life and death. They practised in all hours of the day, even at night to practise fighting in near darkness.

The docks were finally started, with a stone block base to extend the wooden piers from. Erak was happy with this, but prefered to finish the towers first, followed by the great hall. Some of the Hrun who has spare time, had built some extra wooden long houses for the people who had no homes as well as 3 extra.

The gatherers, which just started their jobs, had come upon a familiar plant, or so they said as it looked a lot like a plant that they gathered back on their homeworld. It appeared to be brewable and was given to one of the men to brew into alcohol, their alcohol stocks were being consumed quickly, even though Erak had rationed them personally. If the brewing was a success, they had yet to find out, but it appeared to be a success so far.

As all this was happening, Erak sent out two groups of scouts again, numbering 3 in each group, one heading north, one heading south. Both were instructed to draw the land as they went on a deer skin that they were given each, and were instructed to stay further inland than they had previously. They proceeded cautiously, even they found nothing interesting as of yet, and mapped the terrain as they went. They were careful to leave out the position of Halas on the maps though, just to be safe in case anyone unwelcome found these maps if they wre captured.

Northen Scout:

The went smoothly, seeing noting interesting and encountering only wild animals. They sucessfully mapped the terrain as they went, noting a rock outcrop, another small hill and a MASSIVE lightening struck tree that was split in two.

Southern Scout:

They were fine for the first couple of days, but on the 4th day, they saw something interesting. It was an ancient dead tree on a small hill, obviously charred by lightning. Among it's roots rested a lump of molten dark metal, about the size of a large rock. Upon closer examination it became evident that the hill is surrounded by a half buried stones set in a wide circle.

As the scouts were away from the village, the miners struck something in a small nearby hill, it was tetrahendrite, as well as some bloodstone and onyx. They were overjoyed, as they could use this vein of ore to make new tools and some new picks for more miners.

Erak was pleased with their progress and decided to let his people have a small party for 'relaxation purposes', which translated into having a party because they can. All was well as far as he knew of...

│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ─┐♣♣'''⌂ ⌂¤?⌂○⌂♣♣ │♣♣♣♣♣└┐  ♣/└┐│┌┘♣ ♣││♣♣♣≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ┌○♣♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣└────○⌂ ▲▲⌂⌂└┐♣♣ └┐♣♣♣♣♣│  ♣♣♣│├┘♣♣ ┌┘│♣♣≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ┘♣♣♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣$♣♣⌂$⌂ ▲$⌂♣♣│♣♣ ♣│♣♣¤≈≈≈  ≈♣♣├┘♣♣♣ │W└┐♣≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣ρ≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈────○⌂▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣└┐♣ ♣│..≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈♣♣♣┌ ┘♣♣│♣♣≈≈ ≈≈≈♣⌂≈≈≈ ≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣⌂▲▲ ▲⌂♣♣♣♣└┬ ┐└≈≈≈≈≈≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈♣│ ♣♣♣└┐♣≈≈ ≈≈≈.$≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲ ▲⌂♣♣♣┌─┘ └┐≈≈≈♣♣¤  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈┘ ♣$♣♣└┐♣≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈└ ──┐♣⌂$▲▲ ⌂⌂♣♣⌂│♣♣ ♣└─≈≈≈♣♣  ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣♣♣♣│♣w ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈♣ ♣♣┌┘≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣ ♣♣└─○▲▲▲ ○┐┌─○○⌂♣ ♣♣┌≈≈≈≈≈  ♣$♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣├┐♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈♣ ⌂♣│♣≈≈≈≈│
│32                                                                      │
│                                                                        │
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣♣⌂▲▲⌂ ⌂├┘⌂$▲○─ ──┘?≈≈≈≈  ≈♣♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣│└┐ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─ ○┌┘♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣⌂⌂▲$⌂ ♣│⌂⌂▲^$⌂ ♣♣&♣$≈≈≈  ≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣│♣≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣ $│♣♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣♣┌ ─┐♣⌂$▲⌂♣ ♣└≈⌂⌂&⌂♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣?≈  ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣v♣│♣≈ ≈≈≈≈..♣♣ ○┘♣≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈──┘ ♣└─○▲▲⌂♣ ♣♣│♣♣⌂○┐ ♣♣╞╞♣♣♣♣  ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ♣♣♣$♣♣≈≈ ≈≈≈..♣♣$ ⌂♣♣≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣ ♣♣♣⌂▲$⌂♣ ♣♣│♣n♣⌂│ ♣╞√√√♣♣♣  ♣♣?≈≈≈≈♣ ♣w♣♣♣└≈≈ ≈≈≈───○▲ ⌂♣♣≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣ ♣┌─○⌂⌂♣♣ ♣♣└┐♣♣♣│ ♣♣√#√♣$♣  ♣♣♣♣$│¤♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣≈≈ ≈≈.♣¤⌂▲⌂ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈♣♣♣♣┌ ─┘♣┌○⌂♣N ♣♣♣└┐&♣└ ┐♣√√√♣♣&  ♣♣&♣♣└┐≈ ≈♣♣♣♣V≈≈ ≈≈.┌≈○⌂♣ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈♣♣┌┘ ♣♣♣│⌂♣♣♣ ♣♣$♣≈≈≈♣ │♣♣♣♣♣♣♣  ♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♣♣♣≈≈ ≈≈─┘⌂▲⌂♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│40                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈─┬┘♣ ♣♣┌┘⌂♣♣♣ ♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣♣♣♣&♣♣  ♣♣♣?≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣v≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂▲$♣ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈♣│♣♣ ♣♣│♣♣♣n♣ ♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈.♣♣$♣♣  ♣&♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣♣≈≈ ≈♣♣⌂▲⌂♣♣ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈┘♣♣ ♣♣│⌂♣♣♣♣ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈.?♣♣♣♣  ♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♣≈≈≈ ≈──○⌂♣♣≈ ≈≈$♣≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣$♣ ♣♣≈≈L♣♣♣ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈.#♣♣♣  ♣$♣♣♣?≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♣$▲○─≈≈ ≈♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣ .≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.&♣  ♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈ ≈♣⌂⌂♣♣≈≈ ≈♣♣≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣ ♣..≈≈♣♣♣ ♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣  ♣♣r♣♣..≈ ≈.♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈┌○♣♣≈≈≈ ≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣♣│♣♣♣ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣  ♣♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣$♣≈≈≈ ─┘♣♣≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣ ♣♣♣♣└┐♣≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣  ♣≈≈≈≈♣.. .○⌂♣♣≈≈≈ ♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BotG3: The Renegades: Turn 2: First Steps
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 02:59:47 am »

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

Turn 2: Preperations

Turn 2: The Ruin

Status
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:21:40 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 03:31:41 am »

Two Weeks Later:

Three Weeks Later:

OOC: My civilization has moved its main village one tile down, into the rain forest, also on Armok's map it showed ruins/adventuring features around my area but they are not on Nakh's map. Are they still there or have they been removed, or are my scouts standing right on top of them and I haven't noticed? PLease clarify so I can finish my turn with a bit of action  ;D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 10:52:44 am »

In the game room, Xar looks at the readout on a small panel in front of him. Satisfied, he excuses himself and goes over to the aluminum cabinet to search for snacks. He notes that the crumpets have to be replaced as they are now infested with Ironbloods. Back at the game board a small beep can be heard and the screen lights up with the word 'Contact'.

Meanwhile, on the board itself, Emperor Gizash scrutinizes the monument someone had set up in front of the palace. It had images of an Irax holding a staff and Iraxi. The Irax was surrounded by the Iraxi. The monument is decorated with images of a ruined city.
He looked again the title. 'Rebirth'. Elegantly simple. It would be a nice psychological boost. He nodded at the young artist, who respectfully thanked him and promptly fled. The Emperor shook his head at this. They were being so careful in his presence that they were almost afraid. They would hopefully stop being so damned skittish.
Gizash turned back to a handful of reports and started going through them.

Hundreds of miles away, the scouts sent to the north-eastern ruins were bound  and shivering on the iceberg. Their lives had taken a decisive turn for the unreal. Three beings the likes of which they had never before seen had used powerful magics to detain them and were now ferrying them on a block of intensely cold material which turned out to be very hard water. They were astonished that they were still alive. They whispered to each other until they realized that the others couldn't understand a word they said, so they had resumed speaking in normal tones.

One of them, Qirosh, had planned to roll his way to the edge of the huge block of crystallized water, perhaps to slip into the river and escape. Zira didn't agree on this plan, as he'd either a) drown due to being incapable of swimming thanks to the bonds they were in or b) they'd notice and pick him back up. Or maybe both. So no chance of escape.

"Oh well, at least they're feeding us."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22