Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III+  (Read 62727 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods III+
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2008, 05:23:18 pm »

Svarlbard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I will leave the negotiations to Dwarfaholic, since im not excatly sure of what to do.))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:53:02 am by Zako »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2008, 05:25:22 pm »

Tel Santos

The growing population was providing extra labour and the engineers were making good progress in turning the savanna into swamp.
Progress: 440/800

While at work, one of the engineers spotted a huge ruin to the southwest (20,95)

Tel Yolanda

Repeated heating and working of the iron bars made them soft, easy to work with but useless for making weapons or tools.

Tech up (improve metalworking): 394/1000
Tech up (iron smelting): 394/4000

Vol Theris (24,96)

The settlers from Tel Sirtis sowed their crops, built shelters, and made plans for expanding the swamp.
Progress:0/800

Vol Corathon (26,84)

The settlers from Tel Tikal started to build a similar settlement to exploit the same natural resources at this location.

Vol Kytos

The settlers from Tel Kendar built around where a mountain river entered the swamps. There was a glint in the sediment being washed downstream.

Tel Sarangis

20 explorers set out to explore the river system in the savanna.

┌─────────God View──────────────┬────────Western Civ View───────┬────────Eastern Civ View────────┐
│   
0  0       1       2       3│   0  0       1       2       3│      0       1       2       3
│   
5  8       6       4       2│   5  8       6       4       2│      8       6       4       2
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈#♠♠♠├┐♠♠II♠♠♠?#♠♠♠♠│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·       ·       ·
72≈≈≈≈≈≈?│└I♠♠I♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠~72·······?················72·····························
│   
♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠└┐♠♠♠♠&♠♠♠♠~~~~│      ·   ♠♠♠│       ·        │      ·       ·       ·       ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈&F└┐♠♠#~~~~~~~~│      ·   ♠♠F└┐      ·        │      ·       ·    #~      ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠♠♠──┐~&~~~│      ·   ♠♠♠♠♠│      ·        │      ·       ·   ♠♠♠♠──┐    ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈?♠♠??~~~~~└─┐~~~│      ·   ?♠♠│      ·        │      ·       ·  ?~~~~~└─┐~ ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠~~&~~┌─Ç#──│      ·    ≈≈♠♠│      ·        │      ·       · ♠♠~~~~~┌─Ç#>Ç
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈¤&~~~~┌┘~~~~~│      ·    ≈≈└      ·        │      ·       ¤~~~~┌┘~~~ ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈└┐&I~~┌┘&~~~~~│      ·  ≈≈≈└┐⌂      ·        │      ·       ⌂⌂⌂~~┌┘~     ·
80≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠└○▲▲▲⌂Ç○┘~~~~~~~~80·····≈≈♠♠♠♠└○···············80···········└○▲▲▲⌂Ç○┘~~·······
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂Ç~~~¤¤~?~│      · ≈≈♠♠♠♠⌂⌂      ·        │      ·       ⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂Ç~      ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠♠┌○▲▲^▲⌂⌂$~~~~~~~~│      ·≈≈♠♠♠♠┌○▲▲     ·        │      ·  ♠♠♠♠┌○▲▲▲▲⌂⌂~      ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠┌─┘⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂F─┐~~~~~~&│      ·≈≈♠♠┌─┘⌂⌂▲     ·        │      ·  ♠♠┌─┘⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂F─┐~~~   ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈┌─┘%"⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠F~~~~~│     ≈≈≈┌─┘%"       ·        │      · ┌─┘%"⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌠⌠F~~~~·
│   
≈≈≈┌──┘♠♠♠""⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠⌠$└─F~~│    ≈≈┌──┘♠♠♠""       ·        │      ·   ♠♠♠""⌂▲▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠└─F~~
│   
≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"┌┘⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠&⌠⌠⌠⌠└┐~│   ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠♠"·       ·        │      ·    ♠♠"┌┘⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠└┐~
│   
≈≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""""F⌠⌠F⌠⌠$$≈≈│    ≈≈♠♠♠♠♠""·       ·        │      ·       ""F⌠⌠F⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈
88≈≈≈≈♠♠♠""""""$⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈88··≈≈♠♠♠"""··················88············""$⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈"""?"&""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ≈≈""   ·       ·        │      ·       ·""⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈    ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈¤""""""┌┘F&F≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ≈≈""    ·       ·        │      ·       ·"┌┘F⌠⌠F≈≈≈    ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈""""$"""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ·""    ·       ·        │      ·       ·""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈     ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈"""""└┐│""$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·┐│""⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈     ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈"""#""├┘""F≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂^│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       "├┘""F≈≈      ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈""""""f""""⌠⌠&≈≈≈≈≈♠♠#│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       "f""""⌠⌠⌠≈≈     ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈"&"?"""#"⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈┘│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       "" #"⌠⌠≈≈    ·
96$≈≈≈≈≈≈"""""&""""F$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈96····························96················""F·······
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈&"""""""""&⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·     ""⌠⌠≈≈    ·
│   
$≈≈≈≈≈≈""""""└─┐""⌠⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·     "⌠⌠⌠⌠≈    ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈""?""¤"""⌠⌠&≈≈≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·     ""⌠⌠⌠≈≈   ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈""""""≈≈≈"""⌠⌠⌠≈≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·      ""⌠⌠⌠≈≈  ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈""""""""""""⌠⌠≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·       """⌠⌠≈  ·
│   
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈&"""$""#""""""≈≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·       ·  """·
│   
≈≈$≈≈≈≈≈≈"""""""""""""""≈≈≈│      ·       ·       ·        │      ·       ·       ·       ·
104≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈""""""""└─┐"""""≈≈≈104····························104·····························
│   
0  0       1       2       3│   0  0       1       2       3│      0       1       2       3
│   
5  8       6       4       2│   5  8       6       4       2│      8       6       4       2
└───────────────────────────────┴───────────────────────────────┴────────────────────────────────┘

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2008, 04:55:28 am »

The Tengu, determined to rebuild the empire they lost, wasted no time and began to expand in the new world.

A group of 15 settlers, led by Sanae, made their way southwards, roughly following the direction of the river that originated from the south of Kibou.
After only a few weeks of travel, they find a nice lake next to some rocky hills, and decide to settle there.

((After checking the map, it turns out this place even has a ¤ bonus. that means a +50 bonus on pop-cap))

The new town is named Chiryoku, meaning fertility, in honor of the extraordinary fertile grounds.

A second group of 15 settlers, this time led by Koga, made their way northwestwards around the mountains, looking for a suitable place for a mining city. Eventualy they find a place and name it Fo-ji, meaning forge. It won't be the best place for farming, but the viscinity to the mountains make it a perfect place to not only build up a metal industry, but also to build a fortress.

((After checking the map, it turns out that Fo-ji has a ¤ as well. I will use that for a defendability and mining bonus))

Projects:

Project "Bamboo forest"

The Tengu are not satisfied with the horrible flora around them. As a result they chop down all trees around them that are not suitably big enough for housing, and all ground shrubs, and replace them with plants they took from their home, namely mostly bamboo as well as the aralia tree.

18/200 done

Project "Road between Kibou and Chiryoku"

To build a road, first many trees and plants need to be removed to build a unpaved dirt road, then it has to be laid out with stone. It will be necessary once the Tengu start transporting wagonloads between the cities. A good road and a wagon make it possible for only a few travelers to transport huge loads of goods in short time.

Plant-removal: 56/400 done
Stone pavement: 0/400 done

Project: Road between Kibou and Fo-ji

There are a lot less trees between Kibou and Fo-ji, but a rough rocky countryside. Needs to be made more traversable for wagons, especialy since wagonloads of metal objects of all kinds will cross this road.

Paving a suitable street: 30/400 done

│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ┌○⌂╞╞≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  ──♠♠♠♠♠│ ¥▲≈≈≈♠♠♠ ♠≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ │⌂⌂╞≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠  ♠♠└─┐♠⌂○ ▲^⌂≈♠♠♠♠ ♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠  ♠♠♠♠├──○ y⌂○┐♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│64                                                                      │
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠  ♠♠♠┌┘♠♠♠ ⌂⌂¥│♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈♠♠♠  ┌──┘♠♠♠♠ ♠⌂♠└┐♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠≈≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠┌──  ┘♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠│♠♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈♠♠≈≈ ≈≈≈I└┐≈≈ ≈≈♠┌─┘♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠♠└┐♠♠ ♠♠♠≈≈≈≈≈ ≈♠⌂▲○─≈≈│
│≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈♠♠♠♠≈ ≈≈♠♠♠└─┐ ♠♠┌┘♠♠♠♠  ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠⌂¥├┐♠ ♠♠≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈⌂▲^▲⌂≈≈│

-----------------

Kasshyks turn:

The messenger who contacted the Covad makes his way back to his city

The messenger who contacted the Anqip does the same

----------------------------

((I know that people will call bullshit and accuse me of metagaming because I scored 2 ¤ in a row. I deny that accusation. I chose these spots before crosschecking it with the feature map. The only reason I crosschecked it with the feature map was to check if any of my parties stumbled across some ruins. It is unlikely that you will be informed of all ruins that your people cross on their way, so I strongly recommend checking the feature map in the OOC tread AFTER you made your moves, to check for any ruins that you would have crossed))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:29:02 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2008, 07:43:38 am »

¤ and ? are easily found
# are so big they are unmissable, and probably visible from a big distance in open terrain
& are well hidden, you need to be searching to find them
$ might discover you first

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:01 am »

The Negotiations: Ent- Hrun:

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2008, 09:32:24 pm »

-------
Covad.
-------
Plans are made.

-------
Anmod.
-------
-------
Modan.
-------
---------
Summary.
---------
---------
End map.
---------
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:28:33 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2008, 10:27:02 pm »

The negotiations continue:

Map for Akroma:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:28:54 pm by Zako »

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2008, 01:22:45 am »

More negotiations:

Summary:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:18:48 am by Dwarfaholic »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2008, 03:18:29 am »

More haste, less speed

Turn 10: A small pause

Status
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:49:45 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2008, 07:15:45 am »

Seristis Tower - Novice Hall
Spring - Seventh week

Elestris' Group
Spring - Tenth week

Seristis Tower – Elchmistress' Quarters
Spring – Tenth week

Seristis Tower – North Beach
Spring – Eleventh week

Seristis Tower - Sphere Chamber
Spring - Last week

Status

Known Map
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:38:10 pm by Istrian »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2008, 07:41:40 pm »

Movement to X27:Y22

The days did become more warm in the last days and mari was Happy to ne out of the Mountains.

Guided by his more and More growing map he was on his way to the next ruins maybe now finding the Northeners and learning more about theyr magic.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:33:01 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2008, 10:29:26 am »

I'm Back!

Thank you very much for covering for me Akroma, if you need it, I am willing to do likewise.

My maps:
Civ map

God Map:

(OOC: whats all this '27/200 done' stuff? And during the imps confinement scientists have been prodding it to find out everything they can about it. they  even have a latin name for it: Nemus Frutex Gnarus)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:14:37 pm by Kashyyk »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

welcome back.

The 27/200 stuff is just a way for people to keep track of tasks that take multiple turns to complete.

In my case:
The growing population was providing extra labour and the engineers were making good progress in turning the savanna into swamp.
Progress: 440/800

I decided that it would take 100 people working part time* a year to turn a savanna tile adjacent to existing swamp into a swamp tile. 100 people x 8 turns gives the 800.
Each turn, I add the current population of that town onto the first number. They've been working a few turns already so the number is up to 440 now.
When it reaches 800/800, I'll make the actual change on the map.

*i.e. the population of the town is working on that project but still doing normal tasks like food production. If it was an army working continuously, they'd do it quicker but need food supplies from elsewhere.
I did just pick 800 out of the air as a number that seems fair, considering my race are good at this kind of engineering (in race description).
You're not obliged to track your projects like this, you can just write "30% complete" in your post if you prefer.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2008, 12:17:45 pm »

right, ok

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2008, 02:33:15 pm »

Turn 10:

The foreign guests seemed to be rather uncomfortable the past few weeks, and it wasn't even summer yet. The desert people were unaccustomed to the humidity and the Tower mages didn't fare much better due to the rising heat. Observation of the embassies was continuing. There was a slight tension in the air and few knew exactly why. Quite a few of the citizens of Ehn'gha had joined the newly formed Imperial Guard, and it was no coincidence that quite a few patrol routes passed by the embassies. The reason for the formation of the Guard, however, was a few unfortunate incidents where the citizens more affected by the mindworm became erratic and quite frankly dangerous to be around. One of them had gone berserk and had to be forcibly restrained. Little could be done to help such cases, though.
It was a good thing that the Guard at least had metal equipment. The standard set was still quite light, though. Mostly leather armor reinforced with steel, and glaives for weaponry. They could be used in extreme circumstances to remove tentacles and make even the most violent of cases easily controllable. It was unpleasant, but there would be no permanent damage. If things worked out as planned, within a generation or two such methods would not be necessary, as the mindworm would become more or less extinct.

Kina, Master Artificer withdraws from society!
Kina, Master Artificer has begun a mysterious construction!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22