Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Date Tags on Announcements and Mining as Jobs  (Read 538 times)

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
Date Tags on Announcements and Mining as Jobs
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:38:40 am »

A nice addition to the Annoucement record would be date tags so when you open up the history you can see when Thob Rivermeat was struck down, or how long ago it was the fox cancelled the woodcutting job on him, which eventually lead to his demise.
And then treating all the connected designated area of mining as a suspendable job, which would allow for quick rescues that require digging someone out of somewhere, which seems to happen to me quite often.  =->  Then that could also lead to a mining priorty list, allowing you to get the farms designated right from the get go and be certain they wouldn't be started before other, more important areas are completed.  This same idea would be useful for decorating the walls and smoothing stone too.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

CommStarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Date Tags on Announcements and Mining as Jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:59:56 am »

I like this post. espically the farm priorty. it would be nice for the dwarfs to grow the food crop and alcohol crop then industry crop, earlier in the game then later with more advance settlement which to industry crop over the already well stocked food and alcohol. But that is a little off topic for why I choose to reply to this post. It was the first post I saw that someone was talking about the announcement system. The announcement revision I'd like to see, the ability to set when a dwarf see a certain animal it announces it and pauses the game. ohh like the rhesus macaque, which I tend to forget about. So recap dwarf see monkey, dwarf screams', games pause, militia is activated, game unpause, DIE all MONKEYS!
K thanks