Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sniper dwarves?  (Read 1442 times)

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sniper dwarves?
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:03:07 am »

Would it be possible to mod in like super long range marksdwarves?

I also ask if that higher experience marksdwarves shoot farther and whats the maximum range currently that botls can travel.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:12:42 am »

Range is line-of-sight and you can't change that. You also can't make a 'super accurate' weapon. You could make a real machine gun with stacks of ammo in the hundreds and watch a dwarf fire them at blazing speed, though.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:26:53 am »

hehehehehehehheee.... I can't stop giggling at the thought of that  ;D
*runs off to try modding that in*

Edit: No it's not.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20910.0
There goes my vision of goblins running around a corner at top speed only to be mowed down by a single dwarf spitting out ammo like no tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:43:35 am by Peewee »

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:16:26 pm »

Edit: No it's not.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20910.0
There goes my vision of goblins running around a corner at top speed only to be mowed down by a single dwarf spitting out ammo like no tomorrow.

Dwarves only stop firing when they run out of ammo. If you've got a stack of 99999999 ammo, that dwarf IS a machine gun.

I never said anything about making a weapon shoot faster.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:20:56 pm »

Range is line-of-sight and you can't change that. You also can't make a 'super accurate' weapon. You could make a real machine gun with stacks of ammo in the hundreds and watch a dwarf fire them at blazing speed, though.
See where I got confused?  :D

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 02:03:09 pm »

i belive the part that the dwarf will not move but only shoot arrows.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:19:52 pm »

See where I got confused?  :D

It all depends on if you've seen a legendary Marksdwarf or not.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:27:45 pm »

Oh I have. I was just imagining something closer to gatling gun speed, with the sky filled with lines going off at 10 degree angles to the target tracing a cone up to a single, insane dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 08:34:32 pm »

Perfectly agile legendary marksdwarf.  With enough bolts, of course.

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:04 pm »

Then make him blind. He'll be like those powerups in top-down shooters where you fire in all directions at once...

...Until he passes out from the pain of having lost his eyes 3 years ago, that is.

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »

Then make him blind. He'll be like those powerups in top-down shooters where you fire in all directions at once...

...Until he passes out from the pain of having lost his eyes 3 years ago, that is.
Well, dwarf medicine is limited to "put him in bed, bring him food and water".

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 05:23:53 pm »

*whips out companion*

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 11:48:08 pm »

[/quote]Well, dwarf medicine is limited to "put him in bed, bring him food and water" and leave him/her to die.
[/quote]

I thought that a fix would be in order.
Even the avatars expire eventually.