Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist Sightings  (Read 1459 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Urist Sightings
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:22:43 pm »

I've just gotten my first notable dwarf named Urist. Urist Craftmobbed, specifically, and she's the Philosopher for my settlement. I was wondering if anyone had an interesting story about a dwarf named Urist they'd like to share, and if enough of us contribute tales and discussion this might become an artifact thread menacing with spikes of coral (Urist likes those).
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Sightings
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:37 am »

Well, I did have Urist, the god of Fortresses. But somehow my mortal Urists don't last...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:11:42 am »

i have a urist hes my legendary stonecrafter,he make lots of masterpieces he arrived on my first immigration wave and then he almost got killed by a berserk peasant who killed 2 of my only wrestelers.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:16:45 am »

There's a Private Uris in World in Conflict.  He dies.
Shoes...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

I'm building Urist Craftmobbed a temple and I've retitled her to Priestess. Its going to be a big statue garden until Tweaker works with 39e, at which point it becomes a magma sacrifice pit for caged goblin snatchers. I suppose I could use spike traps, but magma is much more spiritual, you know?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:40:23 pm »

Urist the legendary engraver
Urist the axe-hero
Urist the baron
Urist the adamntium queen crossbow champion
Urist the grower
Urist the fish dissector

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50:12 pm »

Uhh...  What's this doing here?

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:24 pm »

In the 2D version I had an entire nation called Urist Udar, the Daggers of Rain.

The dwarves of Urist Udar founded several forts, practically all of which came to tragic ends due to accidents involving the irrigation system, or the magma channel system, or in some cases both at the same time.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 04:08:15 am »

In the 2D version I had an entire nation called Urist Udar, the Daggers of Rain.

The dwarves of Urist Udar founded several forts, practically all of which came to tragic ends due to accidents involving the irrigation system, or the magma channel system, or in some cases both at the same time.

It's raining daggers D:
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.