Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The good artifacts  (Read 6481 times)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The good artifacts
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 10:04:06 am »

artifact adamantine shield

I'm fairly sure a dwarf wielding such a thing is immune to a nuclear bomb. Ballista bolts would bounce off that thing!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:06:12 am »

I am heavy weapons dwarf. And this is my weapon. She weighs 1056 kilograms and fires five thousand monies custom masterwork steel bolts at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs ten million monies to fire this weapon... for twelve seconds.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 10:26:23 am »

I got an artifact chain once...I guess I can put a really happy sentry dog on it?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Sprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 11:03:40 am »

I am heavy weapons dwarf. And this is my weapon. She weighs 1056 kilograms and fires five thousand monies custom masterwork steel bolts at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs ten million monies to fire this weapon... for twelve seconds.

I see what you did there.

My most recent fortress has been getting quite a few lucky artifacts, including TWO turtle shell cages and an artifact chain.

The chain went into the main well, and one of the cages went into the dungeon master's bedroom.

The other, i'm going to put in the mass noble room.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 11:23:17 am »

Or you could put one of the nobles in it :D
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 02:37:19 pm »

This artifact was actually created in the skyseal bloodline game:

Sorry for the crappy quality, mspaint= crap compression
Whoa... if you come back in adventure mode and got that...
Instant kill anything that come your way.

"Hey, are they having catapult practice with corpses?"
"Nah, someone got that Dustpurge sword thingy.  Damn, titans sure fly far."
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 02:48:59 pm »

My most recent fortress has been getting quite a few lucky artifacts, including TWO turtle shell cages and an artifact chain.

Heh! I just got two turtle shell cages in one of my fortresses a few days ago. The first one was used to capture a dragon. Then I got an artifact copper grate that had an image of the first turtleshell cage on it. Since I can't tame the dragon I'm currently building a "flamethrower turret" by my main entrance that'll have the dragon sealed up inside behind the copper grate. That dragon's going to be so sick of that cage... :)

In another of my fortresses I'm going the "survivalist bunker" route, digging out a hidden self-sufficient paradise for my dwarves under the desolate tundra. I wound up having to build some above-ground fortifications around my main entrance to deal with sieges and such, which somewhat spoils the effect, but now I'm digging a secret "back door" that'll remain hidden. I plan for it to exit via a mined-out seam of coal. I'll seal it up with my artifact bituminous coal floodgate, operated with my artifact bituminous coal mechanism. That'll make it both impervious and well-camouflaged (elaborate decorations aside)

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:07 pm »

I got an artifact chain once...I guess I can put a really happy sentry dog on it?

Ideal prison chain IMO.  Happy prisoners are non-berserk prisoners.
Dwarf Transplant updating utility

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 03:13:07 pm »

I have an awesome lead spiky war hammer, wielded by an legendary wrestler (training him w/ hammer), who is also wielding an equally cool bone buckler artifact.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:30 pm »

You should'a used it on a weapon trap, while it doesn't affect the speed something is triggered supposedly with weapon traps it makes it less likely to jam.

I wonder what other effects the quality has on mechanisms for different situations, I think levers get a faster reaction and bridges can catapult stuff further and higher, due to probably the faster movement on the bridge even though we only see two states.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 07:41:10 pm »

I have an awesome lead spiky war hammer, wielded by an legendary wrestler (training him w/ hammer), who is also wielding an equally cool bone buckler artifact.

Holy hell, that has to be one heavy war hammer.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:40 pm »

Holy hell, that has to be one heavy war hammer.

Bomrek recently discovered that F=M*A.  Bomrek has Incorporated a recent discovery into his work.

Grigarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:43 pm »

I always name one of the dwarves after me and act like that's me in the game. Needless to say that dwarf is the biggest damn pimp in the Fort. Right now my dorf is kickin back on a pure gem artifact bed.

Thothfarash Thusest Udar, "Auracreed the Fury of Raining", a Gold opal bed

This is a Gold opal bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Green zircon and encircled with bands of Gold opal. This object menaces with spikes of Jet and Obsidian.

Like I said. Pimp.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 12:59:25 am »

I always name one of the dwarves after me and act like that's me in the game. Needless to say that dwarf is the biggest damn pimp in the Fort. Right now my dorf is kickin back on a pure gem artifact bed.

This is a Gold opal bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Green zircon and encircled with bands of Gold opal. This object menaces with spikes of Jet and Obsidian.

Like I said. Pimp.
Sure, if you mean pimp by getting your junk stuck by a few spikes. Kidding  :P

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 12:32:10 pm »

Like I said. Pimp.

Okay, now THAT would have been useful for making the king satisfied with his bedroom.

It's damn hard to train up a blacksmith, so making gold furniture with quality isn't easy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6