Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The good artifacts  (Read 6477 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The good artifacts
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 11:38:20 pm »

Well I just got another artifact, a platinum sword! Its called Alakbalad Lumnumvucar or 'Acecoiled the Labyrinthine Urns'. It is encircled with bands of platinum and... and bloated tuber... in platinum...
By the way what do most people use to take pics of dwarf fort of the screens like the artifact screens?
edit: Oh I forgot to mention that this happened during a double ambush crisis, and a human caravan arrived at the same time to. The first ambush took awhile but they mostly fell to my random traps set out front while the human caravan killed enough of the second group to make them retreat before leaving themselves (they never got to my depot, I did however get the human liadison). Right now theres a crazy hauling rush between the equipment, rocks marked for dumping and moving bones and such to the appropriat stockpile now that I've made it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:52:00 pm by userpay »

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 11:50:04 pm »

Alt+Print Screen
Open Paint (or some other image-editing program).
Ctrl+v

That ought to give you a pic that just shows the DF window.

Oh, and I also have an alunite weapon rack, which menaces with spikes of alunite and has an image of the god of fishing, etc. in rainbow trout bone.  I'll probably put it in my Great Hall, when I have the next couple floors constructed.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53:03 pm »

Alt+Print Screen
Ctrl+v

Oh, and I also have an alunite weapon rack, which menaces with spikes of alunite and has an image of the god of fishing, etc. in rainbow trout bone.  I'll probably put it in my Great Hall, when I have the next couple floors constructed.
Alas the mighty print screen button does not work for me, no idea of the button was ever "linked" to the correct function or what.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 12:16:59 am »

The closest thing to a good artifact I got was an artifact mechanism. The damn dwarf took his sweet-ass time with it. And I NEEDED mechanisms right away too... he payed for it later, he got to see his artifact in use... on the bridge.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 12:18:27 am »

The closest thing to a good artifact I got was an artifact mechanism. The damn dwarf took his sweet-ass time with it. And I NEEDED mechanisms right away too... he payed for it later, he got to see his artifact in use... on the bridge.
You should'a used it on a weapon trap, while it doesn't affect the speed something is triggered supposedly with weapon traps it makes it less likely to jam.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 12:22:54 am »

I still have it, after deconstructing the bridge and lever I got it back. But, I don't use weapon or cage traps. Just levers connected to player-made traps.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 02:42:38 am »

You know, my current fortress' civilization happens to be named The Good Artifacts.

The fort itself has only produced one, and that's only good because it's a cabinet, and therefore really helped make it easier to decorate the king's bedroom.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 02:55:22 am »

My first ever artifact was "Glovedserpents," an iron crossbow - I started thinking all artifacts would be this useful.

Unfortunately I never got to use it as I had to abandon the fort before I got a champion because my FPS got too slow.

Lord Byte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lordbyte.be
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 02:57:45 am »

My previous fort (pre 39) had an artifact golden sword and an artifact adamantine shield, which were both promptly claimed by my champion wrestler sword-dwarf-in-training!  He singlehandedly defeated two gobline sieges, in one he killed TWO squads of goblin marksmen without getting a single scratch!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 04:03:27 am »

My first artifact of actual usefulness (as opposed to the mechanisms or crafts or floodgates I usually get) was a golden shortsword.  It was decorated with amethyst and tourmaline pictures of my founding, and iron and turtle shell images of itself.  I was quite ticked at him for decorating it with a better material than he was making it from, but it was a possession anyway so I guess I can't really blame him.

I came back as an adventurer to test it.  Turns out a masterpiece obsidian shortsword is far superior to a artifact non-weapon-metal one.  Still thought it was groovy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 04:14:17 am »

My armorer just went into a mood, and I was really hoping for a good useful artifact. Instead he made a copper shoe. Oh well, at least I now have a legendary armorer.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 04:25:35 am »

This artifact was actually created in the skyseal bloodline game:

Sorry for the crappy quality, mspaint= crap compression

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 09:36:58 am »

Alt+Print Screen
Ctrl+v

Alas the mighty print screen button does not work for me, no idea of the button was ever "linked" to the correct function or what.

Click the 'psc' button to take a screenshot.  You won't be able to do the alt+ bit with this, but you can still get a picture.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 10:00:16 am »

I HAS A BUCKET!

Ethabgamil "Rinsedtrusts", a Moonstone bucket encrusted with Moonstone, with a handle made from moonstone, and an image of a tall cross in clear zircon.

A jeweler made this. I'm either gonna put it in a well, or just leave it as a wound bucket. Haven't decided yet. I guess it depends if I want to make everyone happy or only injured dwarves.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 10:01:42 am »

Alt+Print Screen
Ctrl+v

Click the 'psc' button to take a screenshot.  You won't be able to do the alt+ bit with this, but you can still get a picture.
Thanks alot, that worked wonderfully, as a result heres the pics of the previous artifacts.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6