Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The good artifacts  (Read 6455 times)

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The good artifacts
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 09:00:28 pm »

Gold Opal makes me think that it was a jeweler who made that bed.

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

It's damn hard to train up a blacksmith, so making gold furniture with quality isn't easy.

copper buckets ftw
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 10:15:00 am »

Okay, am I going insane or are Jewelers making some truly excellent artifacts anymore?

Zokunitdan Shagoglashed "Siegedcharm the Static Prophet", a Carnelian chain
Weight: 133  Basic Value: 7200
This is a carnelian chain. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with carnelian. This object menaces with spikes of Onyx.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 10:36:17 am »

Sexy...

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29:54 am »

I've had my share of "the usual stuff".  Nothing like that 1.4 MILLION monies sword, but still some handy things (and some craptacular things).  But one that came in really handy was, believe it or not, an earring.

A native aluminum earring.  Worth 104,000.

In year 2.

Did it make a noble happy?  No.  Will it turn one of my soldiers into Urist Deathbringer, He Whom Elephants Fear?  No.  But it tripled my population.  TRIPLED.  Talk about a way to jump-start a fortress.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Phant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 11:55:57 am »

So much text! I geuss maybe this guy was possessed by some ancient First dwarf, due to the year 1 reference?

Excuse the crudeness of the screenie, not very good at screenshotting.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 01:01:06 pm »

[alt] + [Print Screen] will cap only the active window.

Abbatoir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2008, 07:29:08 pm »

450k, High Master Hammerer/Marksdwarf using it at the moment!  And it only took me 5 minutes to find.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »

Heh. Your armor has two nuts and a snake on it? Am I the only one who sees the wrong in this picture?

Snogmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »

My best moneymaker artifact was fairly early in my fortress, so only 4 ingredients.  Luckily it turned out to be an anvil, which is a damn pricey base.

which yields
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:10:52 pm by Snogmonkey »
quot;A man chooses, a dwarf obeys."

Andrew "Tarn" Ryan, Mid-Winter, year 1960

Snogmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2008, 11:14:43 pm »

And since 4.3mil dwarfbucks is still not too useful tied up in an anvil that has to be used in making a building, ie not placeable furniture, my best adventure item:

you'd think that champion would take care not to vomit on it or something.

quot;A man chooses, a dwarf obeys."

Andrew "Tarn" Ryan, Mid-Winter, year 1960

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:51 pm »

My best moneymaker artifact was fairly early in my fortress, so only 4 ingredients.  Luckily it turned out to be an anvil, which is a damn pricey base.

No kidding. Anvils and plate mail are worth 100 monies base, so an artifact of either made out of adamantine is a base 3.6 million. 120x (artifact) 300x (adamantine) 100 (anvil/platemail).

The rest of the value is of course from the decorations.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2008, 03:53:39 pm »

My mayor took over a craftsman shop today and made "Thedakmeban Astelorstist, a Bituminous coal toy boat!" Wooo. And then he mandated a prohibition on the export of toy boats right after. The guy is obsessed.

Angellus

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2008, 05:20:21 pm »

No kidding. Anvils and plate mail are worth 100 monies base, so an artifact of either made out of adamantine is a base 3.6 million. 120x (artifact) 300x (adamantine) 100 (anvil/platemail).

The rest of the value is of course from the decorations.
Dude, get such a thing at the first 2 years of the fortress and you'll get the maximum amount of dwarves your cap is on the next migwave ^^

CrazyEyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 06:04:45 pm »

Most of my artifacts are worthless, but I did get this to make up for it all:

Fikodidos Rabnimak, "Glazedcall the Glowing Quill", a Steel War Hammer

This is a Steel War Hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with Steel and encrusted with bands of Steel, Birch and Marble.  This object menaces with spikes of Birch, unicorn leather and Orthoclase.  On the item is an image of mountains in marble.

As soon as this was created, I had my one and only champion (who happened to have been a hammerdwarf) pick it up.  During the next ambush I tested it out.

I have never seen corpses fly so far, so fast.  The record for longest smash is currently 70 tiles. ;D
I'm glad all the DF players are not living in one district. It'd be the most dangerous district for the whole world.
Actually, it'd be the most dangerous district in hundreds of thousands of worlds, starting with 'Xah Rabin' The Dimension of Omen. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6