Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saving Goblin Prisoners  (Read 602 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Saving Goblin Prisoners
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:17:11 pm »

I've been assaulting goblin towers in adventure mode recently, and realized to my delight I could try to save the prisoners. I get one ten-year-old dwarf to follow me and escaped to a nearby human town. Nothing changed. I went through considerable trouble to get to a dwarven hall. Nothing changed. I strangled the kid to death in frustration in the middle of a forest. Nothing changed.
I could find no way to find out what his home town was. Is this feature broken/not implemented yet?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Goblin Prisoners
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:20 pm »

you could try and ask the boy about his family. he might say something like "in ****, personsname settled in ******* with *******"

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »

you could try and ask the boy about his family. he might say something like "in ****, personsname settled in ******* with *******"

In F***, PersonsName settled in Mother****er with ****ItToHell
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:53:06 pm »

*, the asterisk is used as a (this can mean anything) in searches. its not cursing.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:15:33 pm »

I think he was trying to convey a point, more than misunderstanding your explanation.

And no. They, like all other followers, will only stop following you if they die or if you Travel while they are unconscious.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:08 am »

Woo! More child clubbing!